The Winthrop Eagles (5-0) will attempt to build on a five-game win streak when they host the Gardner-Webb Runnin’ Bulldogs (1-4) on Saturday, January 9, 2021 at Winthrop Coliseum as big, 12.5-point favorites. The contest airs at 1:00 PM ET. The over/under is set at 158.5 for the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- In 40% of their opportunities this year (two of five chances), the Eagles and their opponents have scored more than this matchup’s over/under of 158.5 points.
- Gardner-Webb has played in two games this season (out of five total matchups — 40% of opportunities) where they combined with their opponents to score at least 158.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 1.5 less points per game (157) than this matchup’s over/under of 158.5 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 11.7 fewer points per game (146.8) than this game’s over/under of 158.5 points.
- The average total the Eagles have had set in games this season is 3.7 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average over/under for Runnin’ Bulldogs games this season is 16.9 less points than the point total of 158.5 in this outing.
Winthrop Betting Information
- The Eagles have been solid against the spread this season, earning a 4-0 record.
- The Eagles have posted a winning record of 1-0 against the spread when the spread is -12.5 or bigger.
- The Eagles and their opponents have gone over the total in 3 of 4 games (75%) this season.
Gardner-Webb Betting Information
- Gardner-Webb has covered the spread in more than half of its contests, going 3-2 ATS.
- In most of Gardner-Webb’s games this season, the teams have not hit the over (2 out of 5 games, 40%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/6/2020||Winthrop||-5.5||149||-241||+192||Conference Tournament||78-66 WINTH|
|2/13/2020||Winthrop||-5||142.5||-226||+179||Regular Season||74-70 GARDWB|
|1/11/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||99-95 WINTH|
|2/16/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||64-60 GARDWB|
|1/24/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||97-88 WINTH|
- The Eagles leader in rebounds and assist is Chandler Vaudrin, who grabs 7.4 rebounds and gives out 8.6 assists per game along with scoring 11.4 points per contest.
- Charles Falden is the Eagles scoring leader, averaging 13.6 points per game. He adds 3.0 rebounds and 0.4 assists per contest.
- Falden provides the most three-point shooting production for the Eagles. He makes 2.1 threes per game.
- Vaudrin and Jamal King lead Winthrop on the defensive end, with Vaudrin leading the team in steals averaging 1.4 per game and King in blocks averaging 0.6 per contest.
- Lance Terry sits at the top of the Runnin’ Bulldogs scoring leaderboard with 15.5 points per game. He also pulls down 2.5 rebounds and racks up 0.8 assists per game.
- The Runnin’ Bulldogs’ leader in rebounds is Jacob Falko with 5.1 per contest, and their leader in assists is Jaheam Cornwall with 3.2 per game.
- Terry is the most prolific from the three-point line for the Runnin’ Bulldogs, hitting 2.7 threes per game.
- D’Maurian Williams (1.0 steal per game) and Ludovic Dufeal (2.0 blocks per game) lead the Runnin’ Bulldogs in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found