The Winthrop Eagles (21-1) will try to continue a five-game winning streak when they host the Longwood Lancers (12-15) on Thursday, March 4, 2021 at Winthrop Coliseum as big, 12.5-point favorites. The game airs at 7:30 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under set at 140.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Winthrop (-12.5)||Under (140.5)||Winthrop 77 Longwood 64|
- In 63.6% of their opportunities this season (14 of 22 chances), the Eagles and their opponents have recorded more than this matchup’s over/under of 140.5 points.
- Longwood and its opponents have combined to score at least 140.5 points in eight of 27 outings (29.6%) this year.
- The Eagles and the Lancers combine to average 5.3 more points per game than the total of 140.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 134.5 points per game, 6.0 less than the point total for this game.
- The average over/under the Eagles have had set in matchups this season is 6.6 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Lancers this year is 7.3 points lower than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Eagles average 12.6 more points per game (79.4) than the Lancers give up (66.8).
- Winthrop has a 20-0 record overall and a 9-0 record against the spread when putting up more than 66.8 points.
- Longwood is 0-4 overall and 0-4 against the spread in games when it gives up more than 79.4 points.
- The Lancers put up an average of 66.4 points per game, just 1.3 fewer points than the 67.7 the Eagles give up to opponents.
- Longwood is 7-5 overall and 7-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 67.7 points.
- Winthrop is 6-5 against the spread and 12-0 overall when it allows more than 66.4 points.
- The Eagles have scored a total of 258 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 11.7 per game), while the Lancers have been out-scored by opponents on average this year (by 11 total points, -0.4 per game).
Winthrop Betting Information
- The Eagles have struggled somewhat against the spread this season, posting a 10-11 record.
- The Eagles have posted a losing record of 5-7 against the spread when the spread is -12.5 or higher.
- Winthrop and its foes have combined to cover the total in 10 of 21 games this year (47.6%).
Longwood Betting Information
- Longwood has a 15-11 record against the spread, covering in 57.7% of their games.
- Longwood and its opponents have hit the over in less than half of their matchups this year — 11 of 26 (42.3%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/15/2021||Winthrop||-16.5||150.5||-2500||+1050||Regular Season||70-50 WINTH|
|1/14/2021||Winthrop||-17||153.5||-2381||+1067||Regular Season||72-61 WINTH|
|2/8/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||70-68 WINTH|
|1/2/2020||Winthrop||-11.5||147||-835||+540||Regular Season||91-67 WINTH|
|1/16/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||75-61 LONGWD|
- The leader in scoring, rebounding and assists for the Eagles is Chandler Vaudrin, who tallies 12.2 points, 7.0 rebounds and 6.9 assists per game.
- Josh Corbin paces his teammates on the Eagles with 2.0 made threes per contest.
- Vaudrin and Chase Claxton lead the Eagles on the defensive end, with Vaudrin leading the team in steals averaging 1.4 per game and Claxton in blocks averaging 0.8 per contest.
- Juan Munoz is at the top of the Lancers scoring leaderboard with 12.5 points per game. He also pulls down 3.2 rebounds and racks up 2.9 assists per game.
- Longwood’s leader in rebounds is Zac Watson with 4.6 per game, and its leader in assists is Justin Hill with 3.2 per game.
- Corbin paces his teammates on the Lancers with 2.4 made threes per outing.
- Longwood’s leader in steals is Munoz with 1.3 per game, and its leader in blocks is Watson with 0.5 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED