The Winthrop Eagles (11-0) are big, 11.5-point favorites as they try to build on an 11-game winning streak when they host the UNC Asheville Bulldogs (8-8) on Thursday, January 28, 2021 at Winthrop Coliseum. The game airs at 7:00 PM ET on ESPNU. The point total in the matchup is set at 152.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- The Eagles and their opponents have scored no less than 152.5 points — this matchup’s over/under — in five of 11 games (45.5%) this season.
- UNC Asheville and its opponents have added up to score more than 152.5 points in 37.5% of their matchups this year (six of 16 opportunities).
- These two teams average a combined 156.4 points per game, 3.9 more points than the over/under of 152.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 141.1 points per game, 11.4 less than the point total for this game.
- The Eagles average point total in outings this year is 150.2, 2.3 points below the total in this game.
- The average total for Bulldogs games this year is 5.2 fewer points than the point total of 152.5 for this outing.
Winthrop Betting Information
- The Eagles have been an even bet against the spread this season at 5-5.
- When favored by at least 11.5 points, the Eagles have struggled to a 3-5 record ATS this season.
- Winthrop has more often than not combined with its adversaries to fall short of the total, doing so 4 times in 10 contests (40%).
UNC Asheville Betting Information
- UNC Asheville has covered the spread in greater than half of its games, going 8-7 ATS.
- When they play as at least 11.5-point underdogs, the Bulldogs have a record ATS of 1-1.
- The Bulldogs and their opponents have hit the over in less than half of their games this year — 7 of 15 (46.7%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/1/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||104-71 WINTH|
|1/21/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||66-45 WINTH|
|1/5/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||80-65 WINTH|
- Chandler Vaudrin leads the Eagles in points, rebounds and assists, scoring 12.6 points, grabbing 6.9 boards and dishing out 7.6 assists per game.
- Josh Corbin makes more threes per game than any other member of the Eagles, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 1.7 per contest.
- Vaudrin and Chase Claxton lead Winthrop on the defensive end, with Vaudrin leading the team in steals averaging 1.5 per game and Claxton in blocks averaging 0.9 per contest.
UNC Asheville Leaders
- Tajion Jones puts up 16.4 points per game to be the top scorer for the Bulldogs.
- Evan Clayborne puts up a stat line of 6.1 rebounds, 7.9 points and 0.9 assists per game for UNC Asheville to take the top rebound spot on the team. Lavar Batts Jr. has the top spot for assists with 3.4 per game, adding 5.2 points and 2.4 rebounds per contest.
- Jones is the most prolific from deep for the Bulldogs, hitting 3.5 threes per game.
- UNC Asheville’s leader in steals is Batts (1.9 per game), and its leader in blocks is Clayborne (1.4 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Missouri State Bears vs. Evansville Purple Aces: 2/26/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Penn State Nittany Lions vs. Purdue Boilermakers: 2/26/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Indiana State Sycamores vs. Valparaiso Crusaders: 2/26/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Montana State Bobcats vs. Idaho Vandals: 2/26/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Drake Bulldogs vs. Bradley Braves 2/26/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends