The Maryland Terrapins (8-7) host the No. 14 Wisconsin Badgers (12-4) as 3.5-point underdogs after Eric Ayala went off for 21 points in the Terrapins 63-49 victory over Minnesota. The matchup airs on BTN at 9:00 PM ET on Wednesday, January 27, 2021. The point total is 130.5 for the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- In 68.8% of their opportunities this season (11 of 16 chances), the Badgers and their opponents have recorded more than this matchup’s point total of 130.5 points.
- Maryland has combined with its opponents to score more than 130.5 points in 11 of 15 opportunities (73.3%) this season.
- The Badgers and the Terrapins combine to average 12.6 more points per game than the total of 130.5 set for this matchup.
- The Badgers and the Terrapins have seen their opponents average a combined 0.2 fewer points per game than the over/under of 130.5 set for this outing.
- The Badgers average point total in matchups this season is 134.8, 4.3 points higher than the over/under in this game.
- The average over/under for Terrapins games this season is 8.1 more points than the point total of 130.5 for this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Badgers put up only 4.5 more points per game (72.6) than the Terrapins give up (68.1).
- When Wisconsin totals more than 68.1 points, it is 6-0 against the spread and 9-0 overall.
- When Maryland gives up more than 72.6 points, it is 1-4 against the spread and 0-5 overall.
- The Terrapins put up an average of 70.5 points per game, 8.3 more points than the 62.2 the Badgers allow.
- When it scores more than 62.2 points, Maryland is 6-0 against the spread and 8-4 overall.
- Wisconsin’s record is 2-2 overall and 1-3 against the spread when it allows more than 70.5 points to its opponents.
- The Badgers have totaled 167 more points than their opponents this season (10.4 per game on average), and the Terrapins have scored 37 more points than their opponents (2.4 per game).
Wisconsin Betting Information
- The Badgers are 8-8 against the spread this season.
- The Badgers have posted a losing record of 6-7 against the spread when the spread is -3.5 or higher.
- Wisconsin has been reliable for the over this season, combining with opponents to reach the total in 9 of 16 games for a 56.2% rate.
Maryland Betting Information
- The Terrapins have a 6-8 record against the spread, covering in only 42.9% of their matchups.
- When they are at least 3.5-point underdogs, the Terrapins have gone 2-2 against the spread.
- Maryland and its opponents have hit the over in more than half of their matchups this season — 8 of 14 (57.1%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/28/2020||Wisconsin||-10||133||-585||+426||Regular Season||70-64 MARY|
|1/14/2020||Wisconsin||-2.5||125||-148||+120||Regular Season||56-54 WISC|
|2/1/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||69-61 WISC|
|1/14/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||64-60 MARY|
- The Badgers leader in points and assists is D’Mitrik Trice, who puts up 14.6 points per game to go with 3.9 assists.
- Micah Potter leads Wisconsin in rebounding, grabbing 6.5 rebounds per game while also scoring 12.1 points a contest.
- Trice provides the bulk of the Badgers’ three-point shooting production. He connects on 2.1 threes per game to pace the team.
- The Wisconsin steals leader is Brad Davison, who averages 1.2 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Nate Reuvers, who compiles 1.2 rejections per contest.
- Ayala is the top scorer for the Terrapins with 14.4 points per game. He also adds 3.1 rebounds and 2.1 assists per game to his stats.
- Donta Scott has a stat line of 6.9 rebounds, 13.0 points and 1.8 assists per game for Maryland to take the top rebound spot on the team. Aaron Wiggins holds the top spot for assists with 3.0 per game, adding 12.2 points and 5.3 rebounds per outing.
- Scott averages 1.8 three-pointers per game, the most on the Terrapins.
- Ayala (1.1 steals per game) is the steal leader for Maryland while Chol Marial (0.8 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED