The Northwestern Wildcats (6-13) will attempt to break a 12-game losing streak when they host the No. 21 Wisconsin Badgers (15-8) on Sunday, February 21, 2021 at Welsh-Ryan Arena as 6.5-point underdogs. The game airs at 7:00 PM ET on BTN. The over/under in the matchup is set at 131.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Northwestern (+6.5)||Over (131)||Wisconsin 72 Northwestern 67|
- The Badgers and their opponents have scored no less than 131 points — this matchup’s over/under — in 14 of 23 outings (60.9%) this year.
- Northwestern has played in 16 games this year (out of 19 total matchups — 84.2% of opportunities) where they combined with their opponents to score at least 131 points.
- The two teams average a combined 11.7 more points per game (142.7) than this matchup’s over/under of 131 points.
- The Badgers and the Wildcats have seen their opponents average a combined 4.3 more points per game than the point total of 131 set for this game.
- The average over/under the Badgers have had set in games this year is 2.1 more points than this outing’s point total.
- Wildcats games this year have averaged a total of 144.9 points, 13.9 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Badgers put up just 2.2 fewer points per game (69.9) than the Wildcats allow (72.1).
- When Wisconsin scores more than 72.1 points, it is 5-0 against the spread and 8-0 overall.
- Northwestern has a 4-6-1 record against the spread and a 1-10 record overall when allowing more than 69.9 points.
- The Wildcats’ 72.8 points per game are 9.6 more points than the 63.2 the Badgers give up to opponents.
- Northwestern is 7-0-1 against the spread and 6-9 overall when it scores more than 63.2 points.
- Wisconsin is 1-6 against the spread and 2-5 overall when it allows its opponents to put up more than 72.8 points.
- The Badgers have put up a total of 154 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 6.7 per game), and the Wildcats have out-scored opponents by just 13 points on the season (0.7 more per game).
Wisconsin Betting Information
- Wisconsin has struggled against the spread, going 11-12 on the year.
- When favored by at least 6.5 points, the Badgers have fared well against the spread, putting together an 8-6 record.
- Wisconsin has more often than not combined with its adversaries to fall short of the over, doing so 10 times in 23 contests (43.5%).
Northwestern Betting Information
- Northwestern has failed to cover the spread in more than half of its outings, going 7-9-1 ATS.
- When they are at least 6.5-point underdogs, the Wildcats have fared well, going 1-0 against the spread.
- The Wildcats and their opponents have hit the over in less than half of their matchups this year — 8 of 17 (47.1%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/20/2021||Wisconsin||-11.5||135||-802||+540||Regular Season||68-52 WISC|
|3/4/2020||Wisconsin||-13||133.5||-1132||+677||Regular Season||63-48 WISC|
|2/23/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||69-64 WISC|
|1/26/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||62-46 WISC|
- The leader in points and assists for the Badgers is D’Mitrik Trice, who scores 13.5 points and dishes out 4.0 assists per game.
- Micah Potter is the Badgers best rebounder, pulling down an average of 6.1 boards in each contest while scoring 12.1 points per game.
- Brad Davison leads the Badgers in three-point shooting with an average of 1.9 threes per game.
- Tyler Wahl and Nate Reuvers lead Wisconsin on the defensive end, with Wahl leading the team in steals averaging 1.0 per game and Reuvers in blocks averaging 1.2 per contest.
- Chase Audige is at the top of the Wildcats scoring leaderboard with 13.3 points per game. He also collects 3.6 rebounds and racks up 1.9 assists per game.
- The Wildcats’ leader in rebounds is Pete Nance with 6.7 per outing, and their leader in assists is Boo Buie with 4.3 per game.
- Davison paces his teammates on the Wildcats with 1.7 made threes per outing.
- Audige (1.5 steals per game) is the steal leader for Northwestern while Nance (0.7 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. NC State Wolf Pack: 2/24/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Mercer Bears vs. Chattanooga Mocs: 2/24/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Seton Hall Pirates vs. Butler Bulldogs: 2/24/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Furman Paladins vs. Citadel Bulldogs 2/24/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Mississippi State Bulldogs vs. South Carolina Gamecocks: 2/24/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends