The No. 14 Wisconsin Badgers (13-4) visit the Penn State Nittany Lions (5-7) in a matchup of Big Ten teams at Bryce Jordan Center, tipping off at 3:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 30, 2021. The Badgers are 3.5-point favorites in the game, the first matchup between the squads this season. The point total is 138.5 for the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Penn State (+3.5)||Over (138.5)||Penn State 73 Wisconsin 72|
- The Badgers and their opponents have scored at least 138.5 points — this matchup’s point total — in five of 17 games (29.4%) this season.
- Penn State and its opponents have added up to score more than 138.5 points in 83.3% of their games this year (10 of 12 chances).
- These teams average a combined 148.7 points per game, 10.2 more points than the over/under of 138.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 0.1 more points per game (138.6) than this game’s over/under of 138.5 points.
- The average point total for Badgers games this year is 4.8 fewer points than the over/under of 138.5 in this matchup.
- Nittany Lions games this year have averaged an over/under of 153.5 points, 15.0 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Badgers average just 4.9 fewer points per game (71.9) than the Nittany Lions allow (76.8).
- Wisconsin is 4-0 against the spread and 7-0 overall when scoring more than 76.8 points.
- Penn State has a 2-5 record against the spread and a 1-6 record overall when allowing more than 71.9 points.
- The Nittany Lions’ 76.8 points per game are 15 more points than the 61.8 the Badgers give up.
- Penn State is 5-0 against the spread and 5-6 overall when it scores more than 61.8 points.
- Wisconsin is 0-1 against the spread and 0-1 overall when it allows its opponents to score more than 76.8 points.
- The Badgers have out-scored their opponents by a total of 173 points this season (10.1 points per game on average), while the Nittany Lions have an even point differential on the year.
Wisconsin Betting Information
- Wisconsin has been good against the spread this season, posting a 9-8 record.
- The Badgers have covered half the time, going 7-7 against the spread when favored by at least 3.5 points.
- In 9 of 17 (52.9%) contests this season, Wisconsin and its opponents have hit the total.
Penn State Betting Information
- The Nittany Lions record against the spread is 6-6.
- The Nittany Lions have not fared well as a 3.5-point underdog, going 1-2 against the spread when they are at least 3.5-point underdogs.
- Penn State has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 50% of matchups this year (6 out of 12 contests).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/11/2020||Penn State||-3||135||-159||+130||Regular Season||58-49 WISC|
|3/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||61-57 WISC|
|1/6/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||71-52 WISC|
- The Badgers leader in points and assists is D’Mitrik Trice, who scores 14.5 points per game to go with 3.9 assists.
- Wisconsin’s best rebounder is Micah Potter, who averages 6.8 boards per game in addition to his 12.7 PPG average.
- Trice paces his teammates on the Badgers with 2.1 made threes per contest.
- Brad Davison and Nate Reuvers lead the Badgers on the defensive end, with Davison leading the team in steals averaging 1.1 per game and Reuvers in blocks averaging 1.1 per contest.
Penn State Leaders
- Myreon Jones sits at the top of the Nittany Lions scoring leaderboard with 15.4 points per game. He also grabs 2.8 rebounds and averages 2.4 assists per game.
- The Penn State leaders in rebounding and assists are John Harrar with 8.3 rebounds per game (he also adds 7.8 points and 0.8 assists per game) and Jamari Wheeler with 3.7 assists per game (he also tacks on 4.9 points and 4.1 rebounds per game).
- Jones is reliable from distance and leads the Nittany Lions with 2.5 made threes per game.
- Wheeler (1.8 steals per game) and Seth Lundy (0.8 blocks per game) pace the Nittany Lions in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. NC State Wolf Pack: 2/24/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Mercer Bears vs. Chattanooga Mocs: 2/24/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Seton Hall Pirates vs. Butler Bulldogs: 2/24/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Furman Paladins vs. Citadel Bulldogs 2/24/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Mississippi State Bulldogs vs. South Carolina Gamecocks: 2/24/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends