Big East opponents meet when the Xavier Musketeers (10-2) visit the Butler Bulldogs (5-8) at Hinkle Fieldhouse, tipping off at 5:30 PM ET on Saturday, January 30, 2021. The Bulldogs are 1.5-point underdogs in the game, the first matchup between the teams this season. The matchup has a point total of 132.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Xavier (-1.5)||Over (132.5)||Xavier 72 Butler 67|
- The Musketeers and their opponents have combined to score more than 132.5 points in 66.7% of their games this year (eight of 12 opportunities).
- Butler and its opponents have combined to score more than 132.5 points in 30.8% of their games this season (four of 13 opportunities).
- These two teams average a combined 141.7 points per game, 9.2 more points than the over/under of 132.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 4.2 more points per game (136.7) than this game’s total of 132.5 points.
- The average total the Musketeers have had set in games this season is 15.8 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average total for Bulldogs games this year is 2.5 fewer points than the point total of 132.5 in this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Musketeers score 11.7 more points per game (78.8) than the Bulldogs give up (67.1).
- When Xavier puts up more than 67.1 points, it is 6-0 against the spread and 9-1 overall.
- Butler is 0-1 overall and 0-1 against the spread when allowing more than 78.8 points.
- The Bulldogs’ 62.9 points per game are 6.7 fewer points than the 69.6 the Musketeers allow.
- Butler has compiled a 2-1 overall record and a 2-0 ATS record in games it scores more than 69.6 points.
- Xavier has a 6-2 record overall and an ATS record of 4-4 in games when its opponents put up more than 62.9 points.
- The Musketeers have put up a total of 110 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 9.2 per game), while the Bulldogs have been out-scored by opponents on average this year (by 54 total points, -4.2 per game).
Xavier Betting Information
- Strong against this spread this season, the Musketeers have covered seven times in 12 contests.
- The Musketeers have struggled to cover, going just 4-5 ATS when favored by at least 1.5 points.
- The Musketeers have failed to combine with their opponents to reach the over/under just 4 times in 12 games this season.
Butler Betting Information
- The Bulldogs have a 5-7-1 record against the spread, covering in only 38.5% of their outings.
- When they are at least 1.5-point underdogs, the Bulldogs have not fared well, going 1-2 against the spread.
- The Bulldogs and their opponents have hit the over in fewer than half of their games this year — 5 of 13 (38.5%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/7/2020||Xavier||-3.5||128||-173||+140||Regular Season||72-71 BUTLER|
|2/12/2020||Butler||-5.5||129||-249||+196||Regular Season||66-61 BUTLER|
- Zach Freemantle leads the Musketeers in scoring, tallying 15.8 points per game to go with 7.9 rebounds and 1.5 assists.
- Jason Carter is Xavier’s leading rebounder, grabbing 8.0 per game, while Paul Scruggs is its best passer, averaging 6.3 assists in each contest.
- Nate Johnson contributes the most three-point shooting production for the Musketeers. He knocks down 2.7 threes per game.
- Scruggs and Dieonte Miles lead the Musketeers on the defensive end, with Scruggs leading the team in steals averaging 1.8 per game and Miles in blocks averaging 1.2 per contest.
- Jair Bolden averages 13.0 points per game to be the top scorer for the Bulldogs.
- Bryce Nze is atop the Bulldogs rebounding leaderboard with 8.2 rebounds per game, and Aaron Thompson leads the squad in assists with 4.0 per outing.
- Bolden averages 2.9 three-pointers per game, the most on the Bulldogs.
- Butler’s leader in steals is Myles Tate (1.0 per game), and its leader in blocks is Nze (0.6 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED