The Butler Bulldogs (7-12) are 8.5-point underdogs as they try to break a three-game road slide when they square off against the Xavier Musketeers (11-4) on Sunday, February 21, 2021 at Cintas Center. The contest airs at 7:00 PM ET on FS1. The point total in the matchup is set at 133.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Xavier (-8.5)||Over (133.5)||Xavier 75 Butler 65|
- The Musketeers and their opponents have put up more than 133.5 points in 66.7% of their games this year (10 of 15 opportunities).
- Butler and its opponents have added up to score more than 133.5 points in 36.8% of their games this year (seven of 19 chances).
- These teams average a combined 141.3 points per game, 7.8 more points than the total of 133.5 set for this game.
- The Musketeers and the Bulldogs have seen their opponents average a combined 5.4 more points per game than the point total of 133.5 set for this outing.
- The Musketeers average point total in matchups this season is 148.8, 15.3 points higher than the total in this game.
- Bulldogs games this year have averaged a total of 131.4 points, 2.1 less than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 77.9 points per game the Musketeers average are 9.9 more points than the Bulldogs allow (68).
- When Xavier totals more than 68 points, it is 7-0 against the spread and 10-3 overall.
- When Butler gives up more than 77.9 points, it is 0-2 against the spread and 0-2 overall.
- The Bulldogs score 7.5 fewer points per game (63.4) than the Musketeers allow (70.9).
- Butler has compiled a 1-1 overall record and a 1-0 ATS record in games it scores more than 70.9 points.
- Xavier has a 6-4 record overall and an ATS record of 4-6 in games when its opponents put up more than 63.4 points.
- The Musketeers have put up a total of 106 more points than their opponents this year (an average of seven per game), while the Bulldogs have been out-scored by opponents on average this year (by 88 total points, -4.6 per game).
Xavier Betting Information
- Xavier has been good against the spread this season, posting an 8-7 record.
- The Musketeers have struggled to cover, going just 2-3 ATS when favored by at least 8.5 points.
- The Musketeers and their opponents have gone over the total in 10 of 15 games (66.7%) this season.
Butler Betting Information
- Butler has a losing record against the spread, going 8-10-1 ATS (covering just 42.1% of the time).
- When they play as at least 8.5-point underdogs, the Bulldogs have a record ATS of 0-2.
- In the majority of Butler’s games this season, the teams have not hit the over (8 out of 19 games, 42.1%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/30/2021||Butler||-2||132.5||-133||+110||Regular Season||68-55 XAV|
|3/7/2020||Xavier||-3.5||128||-173||+140||Regular Season||72-71 BUTLER|
|2/12/2020||Butler||-5.5||129||-249||+196||Regular Season||66-61 BUTLER|
- The scoring and rebounding leader for the Musketeers is Zach Freemantle, who averages 16.5 points and 8.7 rebounds per game.
- Paul Scruggs is the Musketeers best passer, dispensing 6.4 assists per game while scoring 14.2 PPG.
- Nate Johnson’s 2.8 threes per game leads the Musketeers.
- Scruggs is Xavier’s leader in steals, averaging 1.8 steals per game, while Bryan Griffin leads them in blocks with 0.9 per contest.
- Chuck Harris is the top scorer for the Bulldogs with 11.3 points per game. He also adds 2.3 rebounds and 1.8 assists per game to his scoring output.
- The Butler leaders in rebounding and assists are Bryce Nze with 7.7 rebounds per game (he also adds 10.7 points and 1.9 assists per game) and Aaron Thompson with 4.7 assists per game (he also tacks on 10.4 points and 2.5 rebounds per game).
- Jair Bolden makes 2.6 three-pointers per game, the most on the Bulldogs.
- Myles Tate (1.2 steals per game) is the steal leader for Butler while Nze (0.5 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Loyola Chicago Ramblers vs. Indiana State Sycamores 3/6/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Boston University Terriers: 3/6/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Utah Utes vs. Arizona State Sun Devils 3/6/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Weber State Wildcats vs. Northern Colorado Bears: 3/6/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Purdue Boilermakers vs. Indiana Hoosiers: 3/6/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends