The Xavier Musketeers (9-2) are at home in Big East play against the Providence Friars (7-4) on Sunday, January 10, 2021 at 11:00 AM ET. The Musketeers are 4-point favorites in the game, the first matchup between the teams this season. The matchup’s point total is 140.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- The Musketeers and their opponents have scored at least 140.5 points — this matchup’s over/under — in seven of 11 outings (63.6%) this year.
- Providence has combined with its opponents to score more than 140.5 points in six of 11 outings (54.5%) this year.
- The Musketeers and the Friars combine to average 13.4 more points per game than the over/under of 140.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 140.3 points per game, 0.2 fewer than the over/under in this game.
- The average point total in Musketeers games this year is 8.0 more points than the over/under of 140.5 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Friars this season is 5.2 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Musketeers score 79.2 points per game, 8.2 more points than the 71 the Friars give up.
- Xavier has a 7-0 record overall and a 5-0 record against the spread when scoring more than 71 points.
- Providence is 0-1 against the spread and 1-1 overall when allowing more than 79.2 points.
- The Friars put up an average of 74.7 points per game, 5.4 more points than the 69.3 the Musketeers allow.
- When it scores more than 69.3 points, Providence is 4-0 against the spread and 6-1 overall.
- Xavier is 2-2 against the spread and 3-1 overall when it allows its opponents to score more than 74.7 points.
- The Musketeers have out-scored their opponents by a total of 109 points this season (9.9 points per game on average), and the Friars have put up 41 more points than their opponents on the year (3.7 per game).
Xavier Betting Information
- Xavier has been good against the spread this season, posting a 7-4 record.
- When favored by at least 4 points, the Musketeers have compiled a 3-3 record ATS.
- Xavier has been reliable for the over this season, combining with opponents to reach the total in 7 of 11 games for a 63.6% rate.
Providence Betting Information
- Providence has an even record against the spread, going 5-5 ATS.
- The Friars have gone 2-2 against the spread when they are at least a 4-point underdog.
- Providence has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 60% of matchups this season (6 out of 10 opportunities).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/4/2020||Providence||-3.5||133||-177||+146||Regular Season||80-74 PROV|
|2/8/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||64-58 XAV|
|2/16/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||75-61 XAV|
|1/23/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||64-62 PROV|
- The scoring leader for the Musketeers this season is Zach Freemantle, who averages 15.6 points, 7.9 rebounds, and 1.5 assists per game.
- Jason Carter is Xavier’s leading rebounder, grabbing 8.2 per game, while Paul Scruggs is its best passer, distributing 6.5 assists in each contest.
- Nate Johnson provides the bulk of the Musketeers’ three-point shooting production. He connects on 2.5 threes per game to pace the team.
- Scruggs is the Musketeers leader in steals, averaging 1.9 steals per game, while Dieonte Miles leads them in blocks with 1.2 per contest.
- David Duke sits at the top of the Friars scoring leaderboard with 19.3 points per game. He also pulls down 6.3 rebounds and averages 4.3 assists per game.
- The Friars’ leader in rebounds is Nate Watson with 7.0 per outing, and their leader in assists is Jared Bynum with 4.5 per game.
- Johnson paces his teammates on the Friars with 1.9 made threes per game.
- Providence’s leader in steals is Bynum with 1.2 per game, and its leader in blocks is Jimmy Nichols Jr. with 0.7 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found