Can the Northwestern Wildcats slow down the steam-rolling Ohio State Buckeyes in their Week 8 Big Ten battle? Can the Arizona State Wildcats get the big road upset over the Utah Utes in their Pac-12 pairing of Top 20 conference rivals? Last but not least, will the Penn State Nittany Lions give their College Football Playoff hopes a big boost by taking care of business when they host the Michigan Wolverines in their annual Big Ten brawl?
With a brand new weekend of exciting college football action quickly approaching, let’s find out which of the aforementioned teams are offering the best value against their odds as we get set for College Football Week 8 of the 2019 season.
2019 College Football Week 8 Parlay Betting Picks
No. 4 Ohio State (6-0) at Northwestern (1-4)
- When: Friday, October 18, 2019 at 8:30 PM ET
- Where: Ryan Field, Evanston, Illinois
- TV: FS1
- College Football Week 8 Odds: Ohio State -27.5
Even if you’re the biggest Ohio State fan around, the nearly four-touchdown spread in this Week 8 matchup looks daunting for the Buckeyes to cover. Then again, when you consider the fact that fourth-ranked Ohio State is averaging 34.9 points per game more than Northwestern while also limiting the opposition to a mind-boggling 8.8 points per game defensively, then it becomes a lot easier to see the unbeaten Buckeyes bringing home the bacon against the beleaguered Wildcats.
Northwestern has lost three straight while getting held to 15 points or less each time out and an identical 10 points in two of those defeats. Ohio State has won seven straight in this rivalry while going 6-1 ATS along the way and recording three wins of 35 points or more during the span. Don’t worry about the high spread, Ohio State will cover it!
Pick: Ohio State 49 Northwestern 14
No. 17 Arizona State (5-1) at No. 13 Utah (5-1)
- When: Saturday, October 19, 2019 at 2:00 PM ET
- Where: Rice-Eccles Stadium, Salt Lake City, Utah
- TV: PACN
- College Football Week 8 Odds: Utah -13.5
Arizona State and Utah might gave identical records heading into Week 8 Pac-12 pairing, but the Utes are nearly two-touchdown home favorites because they average almost 10 points per game more than the Sun devils while allowing 4.5 fewer points per game defensively. And speaking of defense, Utah limits the opposition to just 13.2 points per game to rank ninth in fewest points allowed, although Arizona State’s defense is giving up just 17.7 points per game to rank 16th nationally in fewest points allowed. Not only that, but Arizona State has won two straight and eight of the last 10 meetings in this rivalry including an emphatic 38-20 smackdown at home a year ago.
While Utah is unbeaten in three homes games this season, Arizona State has won both of its road contests outright. While I’m not predicting another outright road win in this matchup, I do like the Sun Devils to cover the chalk in this one with room to spare. I love Arizona State’s newfound discipline under widely respected NFL ‘lifer’ Herm Edwards and I believe freshman quarterback Jayden Daniels has a future as bright as any young quarterback in the nation. Utah is 1-4 ATS in their last five home games and 1-6 ATS in their last seven games against a team with a winning record.
Pick: Utah 27 Arizona State 21
No. 16 Michigan (5-1) at No. 7 Penn State (6-0)
- When: Saturday, October 19, 2019 at 8:00 PM ET
- Where: Beaver Stadium, University Park, Pennsylvania
- TV: ABC
- College Football Week 8 Odds: Penn State -7.5
Michigan seems to have gotten their act together by winning three straight coming into their Week 8 Big Ten battle against Penn State, but I don’t think anyone should be real impressed by the Wolverines recent wins over Rutgers, Iowa and Illinois. Lest anyone forget, this is still the same team that got blown out at Wisconsin 35-14 one week after narrowly getting past Army 24-21 in overtime.
On the flip side of the coin, seventh-ranked Penn State has been absolutely phenomenal in not allowing more than 13 points in any game this season while ranking a stupendous second in points allowed nationally (8.2 ppg). In addition to that, the Nittany Lions are also putting up a stellar 42.0 points per game to rank ninth in scoring and I fully believe junior quarterback Sean Clifford is better than Michigan’s Shea Patterson.
The last time Penn State hosted Michigan they recorded an emphatic 42-13 win. With the Nittany Lions looking for revenge for last season’s embarrassing 42-7 road loss, I say they get it and cover the chalk in the process while helping the favorite in this rivalry improve on the 5-0 ATS mark in the last five meetings.
Pick: Penn State 27 Michigan 14
More College Football Week 8 Betting News
- Texas A&M vs Ole Miss 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Game Preview
- Florida State vs Wake Forest 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Analysis
- Arizona State vs Utah 2019 College Football Week 8 Lines & Game Preview
- Baylor vs Oklahoma State 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Expert Pick
- Duke vs Virginia 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Prediction
- Tulsa vs Cincinnati 2019 College Football Week 8 Lines & Analysis
- Tennessee vs Alabama 2019 College Football Week 8 Lines & Game Prediction
- Oregon vs Washington 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Preview
- Temple vs SMU 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- LSU vs Mississippi State 2019 College Football Week 8 Lines & Prediction
- Kentucky vs Georgia 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds & Game Preview
- Florida vs South Carolina 2019 College Football Week 8 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- Purdue vs Iowa 2019 College Football Week 8 Spread & Game Preview
- Auburn vs Arkansas 2019 College Football Week 8 Betting Lines & Analysis