Below are some of the best teams from the Atlantic and Coastal divisions in the conference that are likely to impress in the NCAA Football odds and challenge for the ACC title.
2015 All-ACC preseason team http://t.co/rCNuEDZYPZ— ESPN ACC (@ESPN_ACC) August 24, 2015
There are plenty of questions surrounding NCAAF betting fans and the ACC ahead of the new season, following the departure of Jameis Winston and a host of key players from various teams in the conference. As was the case in 2014, the expectation is that the ACC will have a representative in this year’s four-team college football playoffs, but to do that, we will have to find the team that is likely to win the conference title and hoist the ACC flag in the playoffs.
Outside the fact that Everett Golson is among the best QBs in the ACC headed into the new season, it is really hard to pin-point what the Seminoles will be able to offer in 2015. This is mainly because they lost a ton of talent in the offseason, specifically seeing 12 starters exit the FSU squad. Making matters worse, Florida State’s toughest road games both come against top-tier conference opponents in Clemson and Georgia Tech. If the Seminoles can sweep both road games, then Florida State fans can almost be assured of a slot in the ACC title game. If not, which is actually the most plausible option, then Clemson is most likely to take the Atlantic title and get a shot of clinching the ACC Championship. Either way, Jimbo Fisher should once again lead his team to a double-digit win season, but repeating as divisional and conference champs for the third year in a row looks very unlikely for the Seminoles.
The Yellow Jackets have been a good defensive team in the ACC over the recent years, and with the expected return of nine of 11 starters on defense from last season’s good defense, another tough defensive unit can be expected from them. Offensively, the return of quarterback Justin Thomas (who was responsible for nearly 100 percent of last year’s offensive production, amassing 1,719 passing yards and 1,086 rushing yards), along with four-fifths of the team’s solid O-line from 2014, exude a lot of hope. So although the loss of offensive pieces like DeAndre Smelter and Darren Waller will hurt, the Jackets have enough depth to repeat another double-digit season. Of course, playing Notre Dame, Clemson, Miami, Virginia Tech and Florida State won’t be easy, but if Tech can go 6-0 against their Coastal foes (which is predictably possible, then reaching the conference championship game should be possible.
If the QB can stay healthy, and the reportedly improved Clemson defense plays better D in 2015, we should expect a better performance from this team, especially in its big games like against FSU. And if that won’t be enough, the Tigers have a genius of a coach in Dabo Swinney, a man who has led Clemson to four successive double-digit wins over the past four regular seasons. Additionally, Swinney has also helped the Tigers to beat LSU, Ohio State and Oklahoma in his last three bowl games. If you add all that up, you find a Tiger team that looks destined to make a lasting kill in the ACC.
Join for Free
Sports & Betting Topics
- NCAA Football Week 13 Odds, Overview & Top Picks
- NCAA Football Week 13 Parlay Picks
- 3 Reason to Bet Against Clemson in the 2018 Playoffs
- 3 Reasons to Bet on Clemson in the 2018 Playoffs
- How to Bet NC State vs Louisville NCAA Football Week 12 Lines
- Arkansas vs Mississippi State NCAA Football Week 12 Spread & Pick
- Idaho vs Florida NCAA Football Week 12 Odds & Prediction
- Penn State vs Rutgers NCAA Football Week 12 Odds & Prediction
- 3 Reasons to Bet Against Alabama in the 2018 Playoffs
- 3 Reasons to Bet for Alabama in the 2018 Playoffs
- Iowa at Illinois NCAA Football Week 12 Lines & Game Preview
- The Citadel vs Alabama NCAA Football Week 12 Spread & Prediction
- Oregon State vs Washington NCAA Football Week 12 Lines & Preview
- Michigan State vs Nebraska NCAA Football Week 12 Odds & Pick
- Middle Tennessee vs Kentucky NCAA Football Week 12 Odds & Pick
- West Virginia at Oklahoma State NCAA Football Week 12 Odds & Pick
- Boston College vs Florida State NCAA Football Week 12 Betting Preview
- How to Bet Cincinnati vs UCF NCAA Football Week 12 Spread & Pick
- Ohio State vs Maryland NCAA Football Week 12 Odds & Pick
- Duke vs Clemson NCAA Football Week 12 Odds & Pick
- Arizona vs Washington State NCAA Football Week 12 Spread & Preview
- Kansas vs Oklahoma NCAA Football Week 12 Lines & Pick
- Indiana vs Michigan NCAA Football Week 12 Odds & Prediction
- NCAA Football Week 12 Over/Under Picks
- NCAA Football Week 12 ATS Picks