How To Bet the Rebels @ Crimson Tide NCAA Football Lines, TV & Game InfoVenue:Bryant-Denny Stadium, Tuscaloosa, AL Date:Saturday, September 19, 2015 Time: 9:15 PM ET TV:ESPN NCAAF Lines: Mississippi (+7), Alabama (-7), OVER/UNDER 53
Why Bet on the Ole Miss RebelsYes, the Rebels have faced questionable opposition so far this season, and yes, Tennessee-Martin nor Fresno State are nowhere close to Alabama’s offense or defense. But it would be a pretentious not to admit that Ole Miss has not been impressive in its first two games. Averaging an incredible 74.5 PPG and 635 YPG total in the offense, including 276.5 YPG on the ground, the Rebels have been pure class in the attacking department. The fact that Chad Kelly has completed 72.5 percent of his passes for 557 yards, 6 TDs (the leading mark in SEC) against just one interception further emphasizes Mississippi’s dominance. And as far as weapons go, Jaylen Walton is averaging 11.4 yards per carry and has collected two touchdowns, Eugene Brazeley is averaging 10.2 yards per carry and has also racked up two touchdowns, while Quincy Adeboyejo has collected four receiving touchdowns and LaQuon Treadwell leads receivers with nine catches. Going against Bama’s defense that is allowing 13.5 PPG and 271.5 YPG total won’t be easy, but if they can approach the game with the same mentality like in the first two games, finding scoring opportunities should be within the realms of strong possibility.
Why Bet on the Alabama Crimson TideOn the opposite end, Jake Coker has completed 63.8 percent of his passes for 427 yards, two touchdowns and one interception, but there are still questions about his ability to offer formidable leadership to the Tide against Mississippi’s defense that has allowed an average of 12 points from its first two games. The Rebels will be the first high-tier defense Coker will be facing, meaning he’ll need a lot of support from his O-line, as well as his targets. In that regard, star running back Derrick Henry, who is averaging 7.8 yards per carry and has tallied six touchdowns in his first two games, will need to continue with his solid output in the backfield, while top receivers ArDarius Stewart, Robert Foster and Kenyan Drake (who also doubles as a running back) will also need to do their thing in the air. Needless to say, Ole Miss has been really good in the offense, hence Alabama may need to do better than their current 36 PPG scoring and 517 YPG total in the offense.
Key Ole Miss @ Alabama Betting Trends
- Alabama is 10-1 SU in its last 11 games against Ole Miss
- Ole Miss is 1-5 SU and ATS in its last six games on the road
- Alabama is 10-1 SU in its last 11 games
- Ole Miss 3on and covered in the last meeting between the two teams in 2014
- Alabama is 29-0 SU in its last 29 games in September
- Ole Miss is 4-0-1 ATS in its last 5 games in September and 5-2-1 ATS in its last 8 games following a ATS win
- Alabama is 3-7 ATS in its last 10 games in September and 6-13-1 ATS in its last 20 games overall
- Ole Miss is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 meetings in Alabama and 7-3 ATS in its last 10 meetings overall
- Ole Miss and Alabama are 1-1 SU and ATS over the last 3 seasons
- The last two games in the series have gone UNDER the total
- The total has gone UNDER in Ole Miss’ last six games on the road