How To Bet the Bears @ Cyclones NCAA Football Odds & Game InfoDate: Saturday, September 27, 8 PM. ET. Venue: Jack Trice Stadium, Ames, Iowa Game Odds: Baylor: -21 -110, Iowa State: +21 -110
Why Bet on the Iowa State CyclonesThe last time the Bears visited Ames, Iowa, they were defeated by the Cyclones 35-21, which is something Baylor coach Art Briles will remind his players about, to avoid repeating the same mistake this year, because they have more at stake this time around. Iowa State got routed in their first game of the season, but gave a very spirited effort against the 20th ranked Kansas State Wildcats, losing the game by 6 points, and finally got a win last week against Iowa. The Cyclones have had trouble keeping up with other teams because they have one of the worst offenses in the country, they throw for 206.7 yards per game, which is 92nd in the country, and run for 96.3 yards, which is 116th. They only score 20.7 points per game, which is 107th, and allow 27.7 points, which is 88th. Iowa State needs to improve on those offensive numbers, and start playing the type of defense they played against Iowa, if they are to salvage this season, which is quickly getting out of hand.
Why Bet on the Baylor BearsBaylor has been one of the best offensive teams in the country in recent years, and this year is no exception. They have been one of the toughest teams to beat so far this year, because their offensive stats are just as good as their defensive stats, making them a very complete team. Statistically, they are the best team in the country, on offense, they average 416 passing yards per game, which is 3rd in the country, and 238.3 yards on the ground, which is 29th. They score 59.3 points per game, which is the most in the country, and allow 9 points per game, which is the 2nd best. Those numbers are inflated because they haven’t played any tough teams yet, so we won’t know just how good they are until they face teams like Oklahoma in conference play.
Baylor vs Iowa State Key Betting Tips
- Baylor is 3-0 ATS so far this season, while Iowa State is 2-1.
- The Bears are favored to win the game by 21 points.
- Baylor is 4-6 against Iowa State in their last 10 meetings, while Iowa State is 6-4, and both teams are 5-5 ATS in that span.
- Baylor is 18-4 ATS in their last 22 games, and 18-2 straight up in their last 20.
- Baylor is 5-1 straight up in their last 6 games.
- Iowa State is 4-1 ATS in the last 5 games, and 4-13 straight up in their last 17 games.
- Iowa State is 4-2 ATS in their last 6 home games; they are 2-5 ATS against Baylor in their last 7 games.