The only unbeaten team in the Big 12 is surprising Baylor, although the No. 11 Bears really haven’t played anyone yet. They figure to get tested on Saturday at TCU even though the Frogs are down this year a bit and are short Mybookie NCAAF betting underdogs.
How to Bet Baylor vs TCU College Football Week 11 Betting Lines & Game Info
- When: Saturday, noon ET
- Where: Amon G. Carter Stadium
- TV: Fox Sports 1
- Live Stream: Fox Sports Go
- Radio: SiriusXM
- College Football Week 11 Betting Lines: Baylor -1 (Total 51)
Last Baylor vs TCU Meeting
The Bears lost 16-9 at home to TCU last year. Jalen Reagor turned a screen pass into a 65-yard score and later had a 37-yard touchdown on a fourth-and-1 reverse run for TCU. Reagor got the go-ahead score with 2 minutes left in the third quarter when running back Emari Demercado took a direct snap. He started right and then flipped to Reagor sweeping the other way. Charlie Brewer threw for 163 yards and had a 7-yard TD run when he leaped over one of his blockers for Baylor. But Brewer also had one of the two Bears fumbles that led to TCU points.
TCU holds 55-52-7 series lead over Baylor. With 114 games played, TCU has faced Baylor more than any opponent in its history.
Why Bet on Baylor?
Baylor nearly was stunned at home last week but escaped West Virginia 17-14. The defense blocked a late field goal try while allowing only one big play, and the Bears won a game when scoring less than 20 points for the first time since 2006. John Mayers kicked a go-ahead 36-yard field goal with 10:19 left to break a 14-all tie, and Baylor won its 10th game in a row despite a frustrating night on offense and special teams.
Baylor threw a fourth-quarter shutout for the first time in seven games and gave up its fewest rushing yards in four years. West Virginia finished with just 14 net yards rushing and 219 total yards, with over a third of those coming on an 83-yard touchdown from Austin Kendall to George Campbell that tied it up at 7-7 midway through the third quarter.
Sacked seven times, Charlie Brewer passed for 277 yards and two touchdowns and also engineered a 13-play, 62-yard drive to set up Mayers’ game-winning field goal. The Bears snapped a 30-game losing streak when being held below 20 points.The Bears’ 10-game winning streak ties for the second-longest winning streak in program history (longest since 11/7/1936-10/30/1937). Baylor have started the season 8-0 for the first time since doing so in 2015.
Baylor has held opponents to just 32 total first half points and only 13 second quarter points. The Bears have now held eight-straight opponents to 30 points or less. The Bears added to their Big-12 leading sack total with vs. WVU, giving them 26.0 on the season. Matt Rhule coached teams have won 40-straight games when leading or tied entering the fourth quarter. They are now 41-4 all-time when leading or tied entering the fourth quarter. All four losses came in his first season at Temple in 2013.
Senior defensive tackle Bravvion Roy was named Big 12 Special Teams Player of the Week – he blocked West Virginia’s 48-yard field goal attempt with 3:33 left in the fourth quarter that would have tied the game at 17-17. Overall, the Bears have blocked five kicks this season, tied for most nationally. Dating back to the Oklahoma State game in 2018, the Bears have blocked nine kicks in their last 13 games.
- Points per Game: 36.13
- Passing Yards: 280.88
- Rushing Yards: 199.38
- Yards per Play: 7.05
- Points per Game: 18.50
- Passing Yards: 219.13
- Rushing Yards: 122.00
- Yards per Play: 4.73
Why Bet on TCU?
TCU (4-4) comes off a 34-27 loss at Oklahoma State. OSU’s Chuba Hubbard, the nation’s leading rusher, piled up 223 yards rushing, including two long touchdowns. Hubbard rambled for 192 yards in the second half. A TCU spokesman said Hubbard became the first player to rush for at least 200 yards against TCU in Gary Patterson’s 19-year run as head coach.
Patterson has been vague about the status of quarterbacks Max Duggan and Mike Collins for this game. Duggan and Collins were both injured on the final offensive series of TCU’s loss at OSU. Duggan appeared to injure the middle finger of his right (throwing) hand. On a second-down passing play that fell incomplete, Duggan’s finger got tangled up as OSU’s Trace Ford applied pressure. Collins, meanwhile, took a hard shot on the Frogs’ final offensive play — a 2-yard loss on a sack.
Duggan set a new career-high with 21 completions and he led the Horned Frogs in rushing for a third straight game, becoming the first TCU quarterback to lead the team in rushing three consecutive games since Trevone Boykin in 2015. Jalen Reagor had season-highs with seven receptions for 128 yards. Reagor went over the 2,000 career receiving yards mark with 2,091.
TCU scored for the 341st consecutive game. It’s the nation’s second-longest current streak and fourth all-time in NCAA history. The Horned Frogs haven’t been blanked since Nov. 16, 1991, at Texas (32-0).
TCU head coach Gary Patterson is 8-3 as a head coach versus Baylor, including a 5-2 mark since TCU joined the Big 12 in 2012. Patterson’s eight wins over Baylor have an average margin of 22.1 points, while the three losses are by a combined total of eight points (2.7 avg.). TCU is 42-16 in regular-season games following a loss under Patterson.
- Points per Game: 34.29
- Passing Yards: 212.14
- Rushing Yards: 228.43
- Yards per Play: 5.81
- Points per Game: 25.00
- Passing Yards: 201.00
- Rushing Yards: 103.71
- Yards per Play: 4.84
Baylor vs TCU 2019 College Football Week 11 Betting Trends
- Underdog is 7-0 ATS in their last 7 meetings
- Road team is 4-1 ATS in their last 5 meetings
- Over is 6-2 in the last 8 meetings
- Bears are 8-0 SU in their last 8 games this season
- Bears are 8-4 ATS in their last 12 games played on a Saturday
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Baylor’s last 6 games played in week 11
- Horned Frogs are 2-4 SU in their last 6 games
- Horned Frogs are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games played in week 11
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Texas Christian’s last 6 games against an opponent in the Big 12 conference
Expert Final Score Prediction for Baylor vs TCU
Baylor 27 – TCU 28
More Week 11 NCAAF Betting News
- Nevada vs San Diego State 2019 College Football Week 11 Odds & Prediction
- Clemson vs North Carolina State 2019 College Football Week 11 Spread & Pick
- Appalachian State vs South Carolina 2019 College Football Week 11 Spread & Pick
- Notre Dame vs Duke 2019 College Football Week 11 Lines & Prediction
- Iowa State vs Oklahoma 2019 College Football Week 11 Odds & Game Preview
- Missouri vs Georgia 2019 College Football Week 11 Lines & Game Preview
- LSU vs Alabama 2019 College Football Week 11 Odds, Game Info & Prediction
- Connecticut vs Cincinnati 2019 College Football Week 11 Lines & Prediction
- Wake Forest vs Virginia Tech 2019 College Football Week 11 Odds & Pick
- College Football Picks Week Eleven (Ep. 749)
- Kansas State vs Texas 2019 College Football Week 11 Spread & Expert Analysis
- East Carolina vs SMU 2019 College Football Week 11 Odds, Preview & Pick
- 2019 College Football Week 11 Over/Under Betting Picks
- 2019 College Football Week 11 ATS Betting Picks