Breaking Down the College Football Playoffs and How to Bet ThemThe key thing to remember is that it is the Selection Committee who will decide upon the four teams. Right now, we want to think about what teams have a shot in the online future sports book to win the College Football Championship. Let’s go over what the Selection Committee will be looking for before getting into the four teams to consider for our future wagers.
Selection Committee’s goals:
- Select the top four teams for the playoff, rank them and assign them to semifinal sites.
- Rank the next group of teams to play in other New Year’s bowls if berth are available.
- Select the highest-ranked champion from the five conferences without New Year’s bowl contracts.
- Assign teams to New Year’s bowls
- Create competitive matchups
- Attempt to avoid rematches of regular-season games and repeat appearances
- Consider geography