After Oklahoma versus LSU in the Peach Bowl, Clemson battles Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl. The defending champion Tigers are -2 favorites to beat Ohio State in their College Football Playoff Semifinal matchup. Will Clemson knock off the Buckeyes for a chance at a repeat National Championship? Or, will Ohio State pull off the small upset? See below for college football odds, a preview and a free pick for Clemson vs Ohio State in the 2019 Fiesta Bowl!
Clemson vs Ohio State 2019 Fiesta Bowl Odds, Game Info & Expert Pick
- When: Saturday, Dec. 28 at 8:00 pm ET
- Where: State Farm Stadium, Glendale, AZ
- TV: ESPN
- Radio: Clemson / Ohio State
- Live Stream: ESPN+
- ATS Odds: Clemson -2
- Over/Under Odds: 63
Why the Clemson Tigers are a good bet -2?
Dabo Sweeney turns the screws at the right time. He did that this season. Clemson played its worst football at the start of the season. Since the 21-20 win over North Carolina, the Tigers have dominated. They finished the regular season with 8 straight victories. They went 7-1 ATS. The lone ATS loss happened as a -48 ½ favorite over Wofford. Clemson didn’t cover because they beat Wofford 59-14. The Tigers’ defense ranks first in points allowed, total yards allowed, and passing yards allowed. Dabo has got his team ready for the National Championship repeat.
- Total Yards: 547.7
- Passing Yards: 294.8
- Rushing Yards: 252.9
- Points Scored: 46.5
- Total Yards: 244.7
- Passing Yards: 138.5
- Rushing Yards: 106.2
- Points Allowed: 10.6
Why the Ohio State Buckeyes are a good bet +2?
Ohio State is the most balanced team in college football. The Buckeyes rank fifth in yards per game with 531.5. They rank first in points per game. Ohio State averages 48.7 points per. On defense, few teams can control opposing offenses like Ohio State. The Buckeyes allow 247.9 yards per. That ranks second behind Clemson. Opponents average 12.5 points per game against Ohio State. That ranks third. The Buckeyes can shut you down your offense. They can score against your defense. Ohio State can upset Clemson SU on Dec. 28.
- Total Yards: 531.5
- Passing Yards: 258.8
- Rushing Yards: 272.8
- Points Scored: 48.7
- Total Yards: 247.9
- Passing Yards: 148.1
- Rushing Yards: 99.8
- Points Allowed: 12.5
2019 Fiesta Bowl Betting Trends for Clemson Tigers vs Ohio State Buckeyes
- Tigers are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games on grass
- Clemson is 9-1 ATS in their last 10 bowl games
- Tigers are 6-1 ATS versus a team with a winning record
- Under is 6-2 in Clemson’s last 8 bowl games as a favorite
- Ohio State is 10-2 ATS versus a team with a winning record
- Buckeyes are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 bowl games
- Ohio State is 12-4 ATS in their last 16 games overall
- Over is 4-1 in Ohio State’s last 4 games as an underdog
Clemson vs Ohio State 2019 Fiesta Bowl Final Betting Analysis
Clemson has the best defense in college football based on points allowed per. But the Tigers played bad teams in the ACC. So what if they held Virginia to 17 points, South Carolina to 3, Wake Forest to 3, and North Carolina State to 10?
None of those teams stand up to the best in the Big Ten. Ohio State beat Michigan and Penn State. They beat Wisconsin twice. In the Big Ten Championship, Ohio State was down 21-7 at halftime versus the Badgers. They outscored Wisconsin 27-0 in the second half.
The Buckeyes dominated rival Michigan 56-27. They beat Penn State 28-17. In Week 2, they trounced a good AAC squad, the Cincinnati Bearcats, 42-0. The Buckeyes should be favored in this. Clemson’s offense isn’t as good. Ohio State’s offense can beat any defense. Back The Ohio State University on the moneyline.
2019 Fiesta Bowl Free Pick: Ohio State moneyline
More College Footbal Bowls Betting News
- The Top 5 Heisman Trophy Candidates You Should Bet On
- My Top 5 NCAAF Championship Favorites for 2020
- Top 5 Value-Packed Under the Radar Heisman Hopefuls
- 5 Under The Radar College Football Teams to keep an Eye On in 2020
- NCAAF Heisman Trophy Odds April 3rd 2020 Edition
- Mike Leach Mississippi State Interview (Ep. 777)
- LSU vs Clemson 2020 College Football Championship Odds & Pick
- How to Bet the 2020 College Football Championship Game
- Why Bet on the LSU Tigers to Win the 2020 National Championship
- Why Bet on the Clemson Tigers to Win the 2020 National Championship
- ULL vs Miami-OH 2020 Lending Tree Bowl Odds & Expert Prediction
- Southern Miss vs Tulane 2020 Armed Forces Bowl Odds, Preview & Pick
- Ohio vs Nevada 2019 Potato Bowl Spread & Expert Analysis
- Indiana vs Tennessee 2019 Gator Bowl Betting Lines & Preview