If there’s one thing you should know about the early season college football predictions, it is that the preseason USA Today and AP Top 25 Polls are usually meaningless in the grand scheme of playoff contention. The only poll you should be concerned about is the college football playoff committee poll that is released around midseason. You need justifications? Just take a look at how the #18-ranked Auburn Tigers of 2015 choked up and disappointed mightily last season. Or better yet, see how your overhyped 2016 playoff favorites (Hello Oklahoma and LSU) couldn’t even go past Week 1 without losses, or how some of them luckily escaped with undeserved wins (Yes, I am talking about you Tennessee). But, as always, some of the top teams will perennially remain in the thick of things, come what may. Nick Saban’s Alabama Crimson Tide are a good example of that, with Urban Meyer’s Ohio State Buckeyes following closely. A lot can change in the course of the season, especially with injuries and suspensions being a commonality in the league, but as things stand, here is our updated look at the top 2016-17 college football playoff risers, fallers and darkhorses based on the results from Week 1. Note that we won’t be talking about obvious candidates such as Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, Florida State, Michigan and Stanford, who’ve—in no particular order—maintained more-or-less the same placements atop the CFP race.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- Early 2020 National Championship Odds – Analyzing the Favorites
- 2020 National Championship Betting Lines – Underdogs Analysis
- 2020 National Championship Odds – Dark Horses Analysis
- Early 2020 National Championship Betting Favorites – January 8th Edition
- 2019 National Championship ATS Betting Pick
- How to Bet the 2019 National Championship Game
- 2019 National Championship SU Betting Pick
- Why Bet for Alabama Crimson Tide to Win the 2019 National Championship?
- Top College Bowl Betting Picks of the Week – December 31st
- Clemson vs Alabama 2019 National Championship Odds & Analysis
Betting News, Articles, Sportsbook & Casino Posts and videos from MyBookie on Betting, including information on odds, lines, tips and picks are exclusively views of our profesinal paid writers, and not those of MyBookie and the Managment.