Fans of college football are very often quick to jump on the playoff committee every time a new set of rankings are released. Part of the problem is that we all have out own ideas about what the top 4 should look like, ideas that don’t always fall in line with what the committee believes. The harsh reality, though, is that it is their opinion that is the only one that matters. Very few would argue with their most recent rankings, but it is going to be interesting to see if those feelings stay the same all the way to the end, as there is a very good chance that we are going to have a bit of a logjam of 1-loss teams to separate and sort out.
If that is indeed the case, then the Penn State Nittany Lions might just feel that they have a shot at getting back into the playoff conversation. For that to happen, they need to win out and hope that Ohio State slip up somewhere along the way. The Nittany Lions will host the Indiana Hoosiers in Week 12 and will start as a 14 ½ point favorite, with the point total set at 54 ½.
Indiana vs Penn State 2019 College Football Week 12 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- When: Saturday, November 16 at 12 PM EST
- Where: Beaver Stadium, University Park
- TV: ABC
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: ABC GO
- College Football Week 12 Odds: Penn State -14.2 (Total 54.5)
Why bet on the Indiana Hoosiers?
It has been a good year for the Indiana Hoosiers, who are coming into this one with a 7-2 record on the season. They are sitting at 4-2 in conference play and are already out of the conversation in terms of winning the division and making it to the Conference Championship Game. That said, they can still play a role in who wins the division if they can head to University Park on Saturday and pull off the upset win.
The Hoosiers will certainly be coming into this one on a positive note, winning each of their last 4 games and scoring at least 34 points in each. The bad news is that they are just 1-9 SU in their last 1o meetings with Penn State, but at 5-1 ATS in their last 6 overall, they may be worth looking at as a cover bet.
- Points per Game: 34.00
- Passing Yards: 308.00
- Rushing Yards: 138.44
- Yards per Play: 6.21
- Points per Game: 20.00
- Passing Yards: 176.33
- Rushing Yards: 134.78
- Yards per Play: 4.90
Why bet on the Penn State Nittany Lions?
The Penn State Nittany Lions saw their playoff hopes take a serious hit last weekend with a road loss to the Minnesota Golden Gophers. That defeat dropped them out of the top 4 and now leaves them needing a little bit of help. With a game coming up against the Ohio State Buckeyes, the Nittany Lions should not yet be counted out of the playoff conversation.
That said, they cannot afford another loss and they cannot look at their 9 wins out of 10 against the Hoosiers as a sign that they are going to simply skate through this one without a problem. One thing worth noting here is that Penn State has covered just twice in their last 6 games.
- Points per Game: 37.11
- Passing Yards: 261.78
- Rushing Yards: 171.00
- Yards per Play: 6.29
- Points per Game: 12.00
- Passing Yards: 255.78
- Rushing Yards: 74.22
- Yards per Play: 4.33
Indiana vs Penn State College Football Week 12 Betting Trends
- Hoosiers are 2-9 SU in their last 11 games played in week 12
- Hoosiers are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games this season
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Indiana’s last 7 games played in November
- Nittany Lions are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games this season
- Nittany Lions are 2-4 ATS in their last 6 games played on a Saturday
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Penn State’s last 7 games played in week 12
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Indiana vs Penn State
This is a game with massive playoff implications for the Nittany Lions, so expect them to perhaps be a little nervy early on, especially after last week’s defeat. I expect them to pull through, though, although I think the Hoosiers might be able to cover.
Score: Indiana Hoosiers 28 – Penn State Nittany Lions 39
More Week 12 College Football Betting News
- New Mexico vs Boise State 2019 College Football Week 12 Odds & Prediction
- Arizona vs Oregon 2019 College Football Week 12 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- Oklahoma vs Baylor 2019 College Football Week 12 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Georgia vs Auburn 2019 College Football Week 12 Lines & Game Preview
- West Virginia vs Kansas State 2019 College Football Week 12 Odds & Pick
- Wake Forest vs Clemson 2019 College Football Week 12 Spread & Betting Prediction
- Memphis vs Houston 2019 College Football Week 12 Odds, Preview & Pick
- LSU vs Ole Miss 2019 College Football Week 12 Spread & Betting Prediction
- Ohio State vs Rutgers 2019 College Football Week 12 Spread & Expert Prediction
- Michigan State vs Michigan 2019 College Football Week 12 Lines & Analysis
- Cincinnati vs USF 2019 College Football Week 12 Spread & Game Info
- Wisconsin vs Nebraska 2019 College Football Week 12 Lines, Analysis & Prediction
- Minnesota vs Iowa 2019 College Football Week 12 Odds, Preview & Pick
- 2019 College Football Week 12 Over/Under Betting Picks