The surprising Northwestern Wildcats and their NCAAF betting fans will look to remain unbeaten when they play host to the Ball State Cardinals when the two rivals square off in their Week 4 showdown at Ryan Field. Now, let’s find out which team will bring home the bacon in this matchup.
Northwestern moved to 3-0 on the season by beating Duke 19-10 in Week 3 and cash in as 3.5-point road underdog despite getting just 70 passing yards – and two interceptions – from quarterback Clayton Thorson. Kick returner Solomon Vault took the second-half kickoff 98 yards to the house to lift Northwestern to victory. The Wildcats also used a standout effort from their defense to man-handle the Blue Devils in the second half. “I thought we looked every bit as fast (as Duke),” Northwestern coach Pat Fitzgerald said. “I don’t know what the thing is about the Big Ten can’t run. I think we can run pretty good.”
Ball State picked off Eastern Michigan quarterback Brogan Roback twice en route to a solid 28-17 Week 3 win and ATS cover as a 4-point road favorite. Freshman quarterback Riley Neal completed 24 of 48 passes for 194 yards with one touchdown while Running back Darian Green added 164 yards on 25 carries and fellow back James Gilbert scored two touchdowns on 15 carries.
Game Analysis: While I’ve been very impressed with Northwestern’s perfect start through three games, I’m thinking the point spread is a bit too high for the Wildcats to cover. I know 60 percent of the betting public like Northwestern to win and cash in against Ball State in this one, but I believe the Cardinals are going to narrowly cover, even if they don’t have a real shot to get the outright road win.
Ball State is 5-1 ATS in their last six games against Big Ten ballclubs and a consistent 45-18 ATS in their last 63 road games. Conversely, Northwestern is just 4-11 ATS in their last 15 home games and a discouraging 0-6 ATS in their last half-dozen games against teams from the MAC. I’m going with the underdogs in this one!
The Pick: Ball State +18.5 Points
Sports & Betting Topics
- Early 2020 National Championship Odds – Analyzing the Favorites
- 2020 National Championship Betting Lines – Underdogs Analysis
- 2020 National Championship Odds – Dark Horses Analysis
- Early 2020 National Championship Betting Favorites – January 8th Edition
- 2019 National Championship ATS Betting Pick
- How to Bet the 2019 National Championship Game
- 2019 National Championship SU Betting Pick
- Why Bet for Alabama Crimson Tide to Win the 2019 National Championship?
- Top College Bowl Betting Picks of the Week – December 31st
- Clemson vs Alabama 2019 National Championship Odds & Analysis
- Kentucky vs Penn State 2019 Citrus Bowl Odds & Expert Pick
- Texas vs Georgia 2019 Sugar Bowl Betting Lines & Preview
- Washington vs Ohio State 2019 Rose Bowl Odds & Prediction
- LSU vs UCF 2019 Fiesta Bowl Lines & Game Prediction
- Mississippi State vs Iowa 2019 Outback Bowl Odds & Preview
- Alabama vs Oklahoma 2018 Orange Bowl Betting Lines & Pick
- Clemson vs Notre Dame 2018 Cotton Bowl Odds & Expert Pick
- NC State vs Texas A&M 2018 Gator Bowl Odds & Game Preview
- Missouri vs Oklahoma State 2018 Liberty Bowl Spread & Analysis
- Michigan State vs Oregon 2018 Redbox Bowl Lines
- Stanford vs Pittsburgh 2018 Sun Bowl Odds & Betting Prediction
- Cincinnati vs Virginia Tech 2018 Military Bowl Spread & Expert Pick
- Arkansas State vs Nevada 2018 Arizona Bowl Lines & Game Preview
- South Carolina vs Virginia 2018 Belk Bowl Odds & Betting Analysis
- Iowa State vs Washington State 2018 Alamo Bowl Lines & Preview
- Florida vs Michigan 2018 Peach Bowl Odds & Pick
- Temple vs Duke 2018 Independence Bowl Odds & Preview
- West Virginia vs Syracuse 2018 Camping World Bowl Odds & Analysis
- Miami vs Wisconsin 2018 Pinstripe Bowl Spread & Expert Pick
- Purdue vs Auburn 2018 Music City Bowl Lines & Prediction