The Syracuse Orange picked up a thrilling win in Week 3 to remain unbeaten to the thrill of their NCAAF betting fans, but they’re going to have their hands full in trying to slow down the runaway train that is running back Leonard Fournette, not to mention the rest of the national championship-hopeful Tigers. Now, let’s find out if Syracuse could potentially cover the spread or whether LSU will cruise to victory for the second straight week.
Syracuse picked up a thrilling 30-27 overtime win over Central Michigan on Saturday as true freshman running back Jordan Fredericks scored on a four-yard run during the first possession of OT to life the Orange to victory. Syracuse improved to 3-0 for the first time in 14 seasons and overcame the loss of true freshman quarterback Eric Dungey after the young signal-caller put two scores on the board before suffering a head injury.
Backup sophomore quarterback Austin Wilson threw his first career touchdown pass in relief of Dungey while sophomore wide receiver Jamal Custi and true freshman running back Dontae Strickland each added touchdown grabs in the win.
No. 8 LSU stomped the life out of Auburn in their commanding 45-21 rout over the SEC rivals on Saturday, thanks mostly to the powerful rushing of sophomore running back Leonard Fournette. The Heisman Trophy candidate rushed for a career-high 228 yards and three touchdowns while ripping off runs of 39 and 29 yards en route to victory. Fournette averaged 12.0 yards per carry on just 19 rushes to set a school single-game record while finishing just 23 yards shy of LSU’s all-time single-game rushing record.
The Tigers finished the game with a whopping 411 rushing yards rushing while harassing Auburn quarterback Jeremy Johnson into a horrific performance.
I know Syracuse is just 3-7 ATS in their last 10 home games, but the Orange have also managed to go 2-1 ATS over their last three home dates while LSU has gone 2-5 ATS in their last seven road games and 3-7 ATS in their last 10 games following an SU win of more than 20 points.
Some books don’t have odds up for this matchup just yet, but many other have the Tigers as whopping 24-point road favorites. For me, that’s just a few points too high for the Tigers to cover, even if they did run roughshod all over Auburn this past weekend.
Sports & Betting Topics
- Early 2020 National Championship Odds – Analyzing the Favorites
- 2020 National Championship Betting Lines – Underdogs Analysis
- 2020 National Championship Odds – Dark Horses Analysis
- Early 2020 National Championship Betting Favorites – January 8th Edition
- 2019 National Championship ATS Betting Pick
- How to Bet the 2019 National Championship Game
- 2019 National Championship SU Betting Pick
- Why Bet for Alabama Crimson Tide to Win the 2019 National Championship?
- Top College Bowl Betting Picks of the Week – December 31st
- Clemson vs Alabama 2019 National Championship Odds & Analysis
- Kentucky vs Penn State 2019 Citrus Bowl Odds & Expert Pick
- Texas vs Georgia 2019 Sugar Bowl Betting Lines & Preview
- Washington vs Ohio State 2019 Rose Bowl Odds & Prediction
- LSU vs UCF 2019 Fiesta Bowl Lines & Game Prediction
- Mississippi State vs Iowa 2019 Outback Bowl Odds & Preview
- Alabama vs Oklahoma 2018 Orange Bowl Betting Lines & Pick
- Clemson vs Notre Dame 2018 Cotton Bowl Odds & Expert Pick
- NC State vs Texas A&M 2018 Gator Bowl Odds & Game Preview
- Missouri vs Oklahoma State 2018 Liberty Bowl Spread & Analysis
- Michigan State vs Oregon 2018 Redbox Bowl Lines
- Stanford vs Pittsburgh 2018 Sun Bowl Odds & Betting Prediction
- Cincinnati vs Virginia Tech 2018 Military Bowl Spread & Expert Pick
- Arkansas State vs Nevada 2018 Arizona Bowl Lines & Game Preview
- South Carolina vs Virginia 2018 Belk Bowl Odds & Betting Analysis
- Iowa State vs Washington State 2018 Alamo Bowl Lines & Preview
- Florida vs Michigan 2018 Peach Bowl Odds & Pick
- Temple vs Duke 2018 Independence Bowl Odds & Preview
- West Virginia vs Syracuse 2018 Camping World Bowl Odds & Analysis
- Miami vs Wisconsin 2018 Pinstripe Bowl Spread & Expert Pick
- Purdue vs Auburn 2018 Music City Bowl Lines & Prediction