The Syracuse Orange picked up a thrilling win in Week 3 to remain unbeaten to the thrill of their NCAAF betting fans, but they’re going to have their hands full in trying to slow down the runaway train that is running back Leonard Fournette, not to mention the rest of the national championship-hopeful Tigers. Now, let’s find out if Syracuse could potentially cover the spread or whether LSU will cruise to victory for the second straight week.
Syracuse picked up a thrilling 30-27 overtime win over Central Michigan on Saturday as true freshman running back Jordan Fredericks scored on a four-yard run during the first possession of OT to life the Orange to victory. Syracuse improved to 3-0 for the first time in 14 seasons and overcame the loss of true freshman quarterback Eric Dungey after the young signal-caller put two scores on the board before suffering a head injury.
Backup sophomore quarterback Austin Wilson threw his first career touchdown pass in relief of Dungey while sophomore wide receiver Jamal Custi and true freshman running back Dontae Strickland each added touchdown grabs in the win.
No. 8 LSU stomped the life out of Auburn in their commanding 45-21 rout over the SEC rivals on Saturday, thanks mostly to the powerful rushing of sophomore running back Leonard Fournette. The Heisman Trophy candidate rushed for a career-high 228 yards and three touchdowns while ripping off runs of 39 and 29 yards en route to victory. Fournette averaged 12.0 yards per carry on just 19 rushes to set a school single-game record while finishing just 23 yards shy of LSU’s all-time single-game rushing record.
The Tigers finished the game with a whopping 411 rushing yards rushing while harassing Auburn quarterback Jeremy Johnson into a horrific performance.
I know Syracuse is just 3-7 ATS in their last 10 home games, but the Orange have also managed to go 2-1 ATS over their last three home dates while LSU has gone 2-5 ATS in their last seven road games and 3-7 ATS in their last 10 games following an SU win of more than 20 points.
Some books don’t have odds up for this matchup just yet, but many other have the Tigers as whopping 24-point road favorites. For me, that’s just a few points too high for the Tigers to cover, even if they did run roughshod all over Auburn this past weekend.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- No. 15 Iowa State vs. No. 20 Texas | 2020 NCAAF Expert Analysis
- NCAAF 2020 Season Week 13 O/U Picks Expert Analysis
- NCAAF 2020 Week 13 Parlay Picks Expert Analysis
- Colorado State vs. Air Force | 2020 NCAAF Expert Analysis
- NCAAF 2020 Season Week 13 SU Picks Expert Analysis
- NCAAF 2020 Season Week 13 ATS Picks Expert Analysis
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) NCAAF Update – Nov. 23rd Edition
- Florida Vs Vanderbilt Expert Analysis – NCAAF Betting
- Indiana Vs Ohio State Expert Analysis – NCAAF Betting
- No. 14 Oklahoma State vs No.18 Oklahoma Preview | 2020 NCAAF Expert Analysis
- No. 4 Clemson vs Florida State Preview | 2020 NCAAF Expert Analysis
- Kentucky vs No. 1 Alabama Preview | 2020 NCAAF Expert Analysis
- NCAAF 2020 Week 12 Games To Must Bet On
- NCAAF Top 25 Rankings: Winners & Losers Nov. 19th Edition
- No. 9 Indiana vs. No. 3 Ohio State | 2020 NCAAF Expert Analysis