If you’re ready to bet on college football NCAAF betting fan, then you’re going to have a great chance to cash in with a potentially-winning wager when the Texas A&M Aggies host in an SEC showdown that will likely have bowl game implications for both teams. Now, let’s find out who’s going to cover the spread.
Texas A&M spanked the Nevada Wolfpack 44-27 in Week 3 despite failing to cover the spread as insane 32-point home favorites. Quarterback Kyle Allen completed 18 of 31 passes for 270 yards and accounted for five touchdowns in the affair by throwing four TD strikes and running for another. Senior Aggies tailback Tra Carson rushed for a career-high 137 yards on 22 carries while Allen carried the ball 10 times for 55 yards.
Texas A&M extend their non-conference winning streak to 19 straight games. According to the A&M sports information department, the non-conference winning streak is the longest in the nation. A&M never trailed in the game. The Aggies scored on their opening possession on Allen’s 1-yard touchdown run. Nevada tied the game at 7-7 later in the quarter when Don Jackson scampered 31 yards on a fourth-down play.
Arkansas has lost two straight to teams they were supposed to be ‘better’ than this season and enter their Week 4 SEC showdown coming off a humbling 35-24 loss to Texas Tech while never coming close to covering the spread as a 9.5-point home favorite. Arkansas rushed for an impressive 228 yards in the contest, but gave up 171 to Texas Tech while allowing Red Raiders quarterbacks Pat Mahomes II and Jakeem Grant to throw for a combined 315 yards with three touchdowns.
Senior quarterback Brandon Allen completed 16 of 21 passes for 196 yards with two touchdowns and one interception while running back Alex Collins rushed for 170 yards on 28 carries for Arkansas. Arkansas had a touchdown called back on an offensive pass interference call in the game and allowed Texas Tech to score three quick first –half touchdowns that took 2:39, 2:45 and 26 seconds respectively.
I’m surprised that only 56 percent of the betting public likes Texas A&M to cover the spread in this contest because I see them cashing in fairly easily against an Arkansas team that is absolutely reeling right now. While the vast majority of the key trends surrounding this SEC showdown seemingly point to an Arkansas ATS cover at the very least, I’m confident the Aggies are going to walk away with both, the SU and ATS wins in this contest.
While Texas A&M has gone 1-6 ATS in their last seven conference matchups, the Aggies are also 7-2 ATS in their last nine games against a team with a losing record. With Arkansas going 2-6 ATS in their last eight neutral site games and Texas A&M going 10-4 ATS in their last 14 games in the month of September, I think this pick is as easy as pie. 63 percent of the betting public likes the Over and so do I with each of the last four meetings – and five of the last six meetings overall – playing over this game’s 59.5-point total.The Picks: Texas A&M -3.5 Points/Over 59.5 Total Points
Join for Free
Sports & Betting Topics
- Georgia Southern vs Eastern Michigan 2018 Camellia Bowl Betting Analysis
- Middle Tennessee vs Appalachian State 2018 New Orleans Bowl Spread
- Arizona State vs Fresno State 2018 Las Vegas Bowl Betting Preview
- Utah State vs North Texas 2018 New Mexico Bowl Spread & Prediction
- Tulane vs Louisiana-Lafayette 2018 Cure Bowl Odds & Expert Pick
- Top NCAA Football Betting Picks for Bowl Week – December 10th Edition
- Top Picks for first round of 2018 NCAA Football Bowls
- Updated 2019 NCAA Football Championship Odds – December 7th
- Navy vs Army NCAAF Odds & Betting Prediction
- Fresno State vs Boise State 2018 MWC Championship Betting Preview
- Southern vs Alcorn State 2018 SWAC Championship Spread & Game Preview
- Clemson vs Pittsburgh 2018 ACC Championship Lines & Prediction
- UAB vs Middle Tennessee 2018 Conference USA Championship & Pick
- Alabama vs Georgia 2018 SEC Championship Odds & Pick
- Ohio State at Northwestern 2018 Big Ten Championship Odds & Pick
- Utah vs Washington 2018 PAC-12 Championship Lines & Preview
- NCAA Football Week 14 Over/Under Picks
- NCAA Football Week 14 ATS Picks
- NCAA Football Week 14 SU Picks
- Memphis vs UCF 2018 AAC Championship Odds & Preview
- Louisiana-Lafayette vs Appalachian State 2018 Sun Belt Championship Odds
- Texas vs Oklahoma 2018 Big 12 Championship Odds
- Updated 2019 College Football Championship Odds – Nov. 26th Edition
- Top NCAA Football Week 14 Parlay Picks
- NCAA Football Week 14 Odds, Overview & Top Picks
- Notre Dame vs USC NCAA Football Week 13 Betting Odds & Prediction
- San Jose State at Fresno State NCAA Football Week 13 Spread & Pick
- LSU vs Texas A&M NCAA Football Week 13 Odds & Pick
- 3 Reasons to Bet Against Notre Dame in Playoffs
- 3 Reasons to Bet on Notre Dame in the 2018 Playoffs