Missouri Tigers at #13 South Carolina Gamecocks Saturday, September 27, 7 PM. ET.The Tigers begin their conference play with a very tough opponent, they would have liked to go into this game undefeated, because they would still be ranked, and a loss to the Gamecocks wouldn’t hurt them too much in the rankings. South Carolina would have preferred the Tigers were also ranked and undefeated, because a win against a team in the top 20 would have helped them get back into the top 10 in the AP Poll.
Betting PreviewThe Tigers are 2-2 ATS this year, and are going to be facing their first ranked team on Saturday, which will be followed by a home game against Georgia, making this an important game for them if they want to win the SEC East. The Gamecocks are 1-3 ATS, they were written off after their debacle against Texas A&M, but have managed to play well enough to win three straight games. They are still not playing as well as their coach would like, but as long as they are winning games, he can’t complain too much. These two teams have played each other four times, three of those games in recent years. The Gamecocks won a 27-24 game in Columbia, Missouri last season, when the Tigers were ranked #5, the loss ended Missouri’s seven game winning streak, and their chances of playing in the SEC Championship game. Their last visit to Columbia, South Carolina ended in a 31-10 victory for the Gamecocks, which is the largest margin of victory for either team in the series. Game Odds: MISSOURI: +5-110 SOUTH CAROLINA: -5-110
- The Gamecocks are favored to win this game by 5 points.
- Missouri is 1-2 ATS against South Carolina, while South Carolina is 2-1 ATS against Missouri.
- South Carolina is 4-2 ATS in their last six home games, and are 9-1 straight up in their last 10 home games.
- Missouri is 14-4 ATS in their last 18 games, and 15-3 straight up during the span.
- Missouri is also 6-1 ATS on the road in their last 7 games.