In what is bound to be one of the most historic weeks of the NCAAF season, the Mississippi State Bulldogs dethroned the FSU Seminoles and are now the No. 1 team in this Week’ AP top-25 poll, following their great exploits in Week 7. And if you think rising to the top of the Poll was an easy feat for the Bulldogs, then maybe you need to readjust your thinking cap. Prior to this season, the Bulldogs had never ranked better than No. 7, so climbing to the top is really a big deal. Jumping to the No.1 spot in the national rankings will also improve their college football betting odds for the coming weeks, starting with the game against the Kentucky Wildcats on Oct. 25th.Not very far from Bulldogs’ backyard, another team, the Ole Miss Rebels, is enjoying every bit of their new-earned No. 3 celebrity status. The Rebels, before this season, had never ranked in the top five of the polls since 1964.As we enter Week 8, there is certainly going to be a lot at stake for many teams and bettors, for that matter. So far, six teams are undefeated (Baylor, Marshall, Florida State, Mississippi State, Ole Miss and Notre Dame), Florida State has been dethroned from the No. 1 spot after staying atop for nearly a year (since Dec. 1, 2003 amidst a brief cameo by Alabama in Week 6 of the Coaches Poll), Mississippi State is the first team to go from unranked to No.1 in five weeks, and both Baylor and Ole Miss are almost guaranteed of two playoff spots in the Coaches and AP Polls. Below are the best six games you should watch for, as we enter Week 8.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- NCAAF Northwestern Wildcats Odds & Analysis for the 2021 Season
- NCAAF 2021 Regular Season Total Wins Betting Preview
- Five NCAA Football Teams Totals Odds to Bet On & Five to Ignore
- NCAAF Iowa State Cyclones Odds & Analysis for the 2021 Season
- NCAAF Cincinnati Bearcats Odds & Analysis for the 2021 Season
- NCAA Football Betting Odds: Which Team is Favored to Win Each Conference?
- NCAA Predictions: Can Alabama Repeat as Champion?
- NCAA Football Most Expected 2021 Matches to Bet On
- 10 College Football Matches With The Highest Betting On the Line
- NCAAF 2021 National Championship Betting Odds: Top 11-15 Teams
- NCAAF Betting Predictions of Teams That Could Surprise In Each College Football Conference
- NCAAF 2021 Power Rankings Betting Analysis: Top 6-10
- NCAAF 2021 Power Rankings Betting Analysis: Top Five
- NCAAF 2021 Power Rankings Betting Analysis: Top 15-20 Teams
- 5 Betting Reasons Why Alabama Could Disappoint in the Upcoming NCAAF Season