Tyler Huntley and the fifth-ranked Utah Utes will look to knock off Justin Herbert and the 13th-ranked Oregon Ducks while increasing their chances of reaching the four-team College Football Playoff, when the two rivals square off in their huge PAC-12 championship showdown on Friday night.
Utah can finish the regular season with one loss and a handful of scenarios could very well vault the Utes into the mix for this season’s national championship. On the flip side of the coin, a upset win for the Ducks could land them in a New Year’s Day bowl contest. With both teams going all out for the statement-making win, let’s find out which team is offering the best value against their NCAAF Odds in this intriguing pairing.
Utah vs Oregon 2019 PAC-12 Championship Game Odds & Expert Pick
- When: Friday, December 6, 2019 at 8:00 PM ET
- Where: Levi’s Stadium, Santa Clara, California
- TV: ABC
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: ABC Go
- PAC-12 Championship Game Odds: Utah -6.5 (Total 47.5)
Why Bet On Utah?There are a bunch of great reasons to back Utah in this contest, starting with the fact that the Utes have a bunch of momentum going as they ride the wave of an eight-game winning streak into the Pac-12 championship. Then, there’s another great reason as the Utes have a great shot to get in the College Football Playoff conversation with a win over Oregon and some other possible scenarios taking place.
Utah has scored 35 or more in five of their last eight while topping the 40-point mark twice and the 50-point plateau once. Last but not least, Utah has an elite defense that ranks a stupendous third in points allowed nationally (11.2 ppg).
- Points per Game: 35.58
- Passing Yards: 239.00
- Rushing Yards: 214.08
- Yards per Play: 6.90
- Points per Game: 11.25
- Passing Yards: 185.33
- Rushing Yards: 56.25
- Yards per Play: 4.20
Why Bet On Oregon?Despite the fact that the Ducks are underdogs in this contest, there are still some good reasons to back Oregon in the PAC-12 championship. First, the Ducks have an elite quarterback in potential No. 1 overall NFL draft pick Justin Herbert. Then, there’s the fact that Oregon has the statistically better offense (35.8 ppg) and a very good defense of their own that ranks a stellar 10th nationally in points allowed (15.8 ppg).
Oregon is also looking for payback after suffering a 32-25 road loss against Utah last season and the Ducks should be quite motivated after getting upset by Arizona State two weeks ago and following that up with a lackluster 24-10 win over Oregon State last weekend.
- Points per Game: 35.83
- Passing Yards: 273.67
- Rushing Yards: 178.58
- Yards per Play: 6.48
- Points per Game: 15.75
- Passing Yards: 225.25
- Rushing Yards: 106.08
- Yards per Play: 4.75
Utah vs Oregon PAC-12 Championship Game Betting Trends
- Ducks are 5-2 SU in their last 7 games against Utah
- Ducks are 4-2 ATS in their last 6 games played on a Friday
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Oregon’s last 6 games played in December
- Utes are 8-0 SU in their last 8 games
- Utes are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Utah’s last 7 games against Oregon
Expert Pick & Score Prediction for Utah vs OregonI’m not going to waste a whole lot of time beating around the bush with my pick on the PAC-12 championship simply because I believe Utah is a near-lock to win and cover the spread as slightly less than touchdown favorites. Both of Oregon’s losses this season have come away from the comfy confines of home.
The Ducks are also an uninspiring 1-4 ATS in their last five neutral site games while Oregon has gone a bankroll-boosting 8-0 ATS in their last 8 games overall. With the Utes firing on all cylinders on both sides of the ball and Oregon clearly not playing their best football right now, I say keep it simple and back Utah for the win and ATS cover.
Score: Utah 31 – Oregon 21
More Week 15 NCAAF Betting News
- Southern vs Alcorn State 2019 SWAC Championship Odds & Prediction
- UAB vs Florida Atlantic 2019 Conference USA Championship Spread & Betting Preview
- Louisiana-Lafayette vs Appalachian State 2019 Sun Belt Championship Lines & Game Analysis
- Cincinnati vs Memphis 2019 AAC Championship Odds & Game Preview
- 2019 College Football Week 15 Over/Under Betting Picks
- 2019 College Football Week 15 ATS Betting Picks
- Ohio State vs Wisconsin 2019 Big Ten Championship Odds & Game Analysis
- 2019 College Football Week 15 SU Betting Picks
- Miami (OH) vs Central Michigan 2019 MAC Championship Spread & Expert Pick
- Georgia vs LSU 2019 SEC Championship Lines & Betting Prediction
- Hawaii vs Boise State 2019 MWC Championship Odds & Game Preview
- Baylor vs Oklahoma 2019 Big 12 Championship Game Betting Lines & Analysis
- Utah vs Oregon 2019 PAC-12 Championship Game Odds & Expert Pick
- 2019 College Football Week 15 Odds, Overview & Picks