Week 5 is over and the new rankings are in, which means it’s time to start planning our parlay picks for College Football Week 6. Keep in mind that the NCAAF betting odds may change as the week goes on, so check back often for updates.Before heading to the analysis, I want you to remember that one of the great things about NCAA Football is the potential for major upsets every single week. One loss can mean the end of a playoff dream for teams in contention, and it is that level of pressure and excitement that makes this sport so unique. While some of the bigger programs continue to roll, USC became the latest team to see their playoff hopes dealt a major blow in an upset loss to the Washington State Cougars, a loss that we actually predicted right here on these pages.
College Football Week 6 Expert Preview & Parlay Picks
AP College Football Rankings 🏈Week 6 pic.twitter.com/PLWBCam0rH— Mike Vessey (@Mike_Vessey_8) 1 de octubre de 2017
College Football Week 6 SU ParlayLet’s get things rolling with a pick on the big Thursday night game that features a pair of ranked opponents going head to head. We have #17 Louisville on the road at #24 NC State, a team who already knocked off Florida State, and I like the Cardinals to come out on top.Another big game featuring ranked teams going head to head sees the West Virginia Mountaineers head into Texas to face the TCU Horned Frogs. This one looks like it could well be a shootout, but I am going with TCU to get the win and remain unbeaten. It is home field advantage that is the edge here.Let’s finish off our College Football Week 6 parlay ticket with one that looks like a slam dunk. The Georgia Bulldogs are emerging as a strong playoff contender, and their smothering defense should be able to keep the Vanderbilt Commodores in check this Saturday.
SU Betting Trends for College Football Week 6
- Louisville is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- North Carolina State is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing Louisville
- West Virginia is 18-5 SU in its last 23 games
- Texas Christian is 19-6 SU in its last 25 games at home
- Georgia is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- Vanderbilt is 3-19 SU in its last 22 games when playing Georgia
College Football Week 6 ATS ParlayThe Western Michigan Broncos have opened as a 6-point favorite over the Buffalo Bulls, but I think they may have some trouble covering in this one. The Bulls have covered in each of their last 5 games, and have done the same in 4 of their last 6 meetings versus the Broncos. Take the Bulls ATS.Penn State is making a bit of a statement with a solid 5-0 start to the season, but they have a little bit of a tricky one this weekend with a road trip to face Northwestern. The Wildcats are always tough at home, and I think they can hang in there long enough to cover the +14 spread.A pair of teams off to good starts this season will go head to head on Saturday, as the 4-1 Duke Blue Devils go on the road to face the 3-1 Virginia Cavaliers. Duke is not a great road team, but they are 7-2-1 ATS in their last 10 meetings with the Cavs. I’m taking Duke +2 ½.
ATS Betting Trends for College Football Week 6
- Western Michigan is 16-6-1 ATS in its last 23 games on the road
- Buffalo is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games at home
- Penn State is 12-1-1 ATS in its last 14 games
- Northwestern is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games when playing Penn State
- Duke is 7-2-1 ATS in its last 10 games when playing Virginia
- Virginia is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games at home
College Football Week 6 O/U ParlayWe don’t yet have the point totals for the Week 6 games, so these picks may change once the odds go live. Louisville is a team that knows how to put points on the board, and they have seen the OVER hit in 7 of their last 10 road games. Let’s go with the OVER again on Thursday night versus NC State.A pair of very good offensive teams goes head to head in the West Virginia Mountaineers and TCU Horned Frogs game. You sometimes get a stalemate when big offenses collide, but I think this is one game where you need to look at the OVER.I like the Georgia Bulldogs to lay a beating on the Vanderbilt Commodores this weekend, with the big question being how Vandy is going to break down the Dawgs D. With the Commodores not likely to score much, this one could go UNDER.
Over & Under Betting Trends for College Football Week 6
- Total has gone OVER in 7 of Louisville’s last 10 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Georgia’s last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Vanderbilt’s last 5 games when playing at home against Georgia