Saturday, October 18, 3:30 PM, Bryant-Denny Stadium, Tuscaloosa, AlabamaThe opening week of the season may have provided an insight into the possibility that the Crimson Tide were perhaps not quite as good as many fans believed. They struggled to knock off a plucky West Virginia Mountaineers team before winning their next two games handily, albeit against truly inferior opponents. They then dispatched the Florida Gators before running into a wall against Ole Miss. Then a week after the Crimson Tide put a sub-par showing against Arkansas, where they just managed to hold on for a 14-13 win. Texas A&M came flying out of the gate, with many prematurely picking them as National Championship candidates, as well as throwing freshman QB Kenny Hill’s hat into the Heisman ring after just one week. Their impressive 5-0 start to the season was essentially wiped out in back to back losses to both Mississippi teams, with both games being of the blowout variety. This is a team whose confidence looks shaken, and the bad news is that their chances of righting the ship don’t get any better this weekend. Alabama is a bit of a wounded beast at the moment, and they will be looking to get things back on track at home against a team that is sliding hard in the wrong direction.
If you had asked people at the start of the season how the SEC West would look after 7 weeks of the college season, very few would have predicted that two Mississippi teams would be tied atop the standings. The Alabama Crimson Tide opened the year as one of the perennial college football betting favorites to get tho the playoffs, but they are on a bit of a slide at the moment, as their opponents this coming weekend, the Texas A&M Aggies.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) NCAAF Update – Jan. 11th Edition
- No. 4 Ohio State vs. No. 1 Alabama | 2021 NCAAF Expert Analysis
- Last Minute Heisman Trophy Updates: Alabama’s Smith A Lock?
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) NCAAF Update – Jan. 4th Edition
- 2021 CFP National Championship Odds Analysis
- 2021 Outback Bowl Expert Analysis – NCAAF Betting
- 2021 Gator Bowl Expert Analysis – NCAAF Betting
- 2020 Peach Bowl Expert Analysis – NCAAF Betting
- Oregon vs. Iowa State Fiesta Bowl : College Football Betting Preview
- Texas A&M vs. North Carolina Orange Bowl: College Football Betting Preview
- Clemson vs. Ohio State Sugar Bowl Odds | 2020 NCAAF Expert Betting Analysis
- Alabama vs. Notre Dame Rose Bowl Odds | 2020 NCAAF Expert Betting Analysis
- Auburn vs. Northwestern Citrus Bowl Odds | 2020 NCAAF Expert Betting Analysis
- 2020 Armed Forces Bowl Expert Analysis – NCAAF Betting
- San Jose State vs. Ball State Arizona Bowl Odds | 2020 NCAAF Expert Betting Analysis