Saturday, October 11, 4:00 PM, Kivisto Field at Memorial Stadium, Lawrence, KansasThe Cowboys have won four straight games, after losing their season opener in a close game against the defending champions; four of their next seven games are against ranked opponents, which means they cannot afford to drop easy games like this. The Cowboys have won four straight in the series, and will try to make it five straight on Saturday. The Jayhawks haven’t been competitive in some time, which was why they hired Charlie Weiss to help them turn things around. Unfortunately, things didn’t work out as planned, and Weiss only won one Big 12 conference game during his time at Kansas, reason why the team decided to fire him a week ago. The team responded to the loss of their coach with another conference loss to West Virginia, and will have a tough time against Oklahoma State. Betting Preview Oklahoma State’s offense has had to bail them out of trouble a few times already this year, and they are averaging 39.2 points per game. Their defense on the other hand has been a huge liability, allowing 25.6 points per game, which has cost them one game already this season, and could cost them some more when they play the toughest stretch of their schedule. They shouldn’t have any problems moving the ball against a Kansas team that allows 27 points per game, but only scores 15 per game. The Jayhawks should be able to generate some offense against the Cowboys; their best bet will be to throw the ball against the Cowboys and their suspect secondary, which has allowed opponents to average 263 yards per game against them. They will still have to find a way to stop Oklahoma State’s offense, which can put up a lot of points, and that starts by stopping the run, and making them one dimensional, making them easier to defend against. Game Odds: OKLAHOMA STATE : -20-110 KANSAS: +20-110 Betting Tips
- The Cowboys are 3-2 ATS this season, while Kansas is 2-3 ATS.
- Oklahoma State is 8-2 ATS against Kansas in their last 10 games and 9-1 straight up in the 10 games.
- Oklahoma State is 9-4 ATS in their last 13 games, and 4-1 straight up in their last 5 games.
- Oklahoma State is 4-8 ATS in their last 12 road games, and 15-7 straight up in their last 22 road games.
- Kansas is 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games, and 5-20 straight up in their last 25 games.
- Kansas is 3-8 ATS in their last 11 home games, and 6-15 straight up in their last 21 home games.