2017 NFL Season Win/Loss Total Prediction for Cincinnati Bengals
The readers want to know when the young guys like @fantastik_willo will get their chance.A: https://t.co/Wc6OgS4Ydl pic.twitter.com/fIpZ2Y0WPD— Cincinnati Bengals (@Bengals) July 11, 2017
2017 Cincinnati Bengals Futures Odds
- 2017-18 Regular Season Wins: 8.5 (under -120 favorite)
- Odds To Win AFC North: +220
- Odds To Win AFC: +1500
- Odds To Win Super Bowl LII: +3300
2016 Season RecapCincinnati had made the playoffs five straight years but slipped to 6-9- 1 last year and third in the AFC North. The team lost a bunch of close games and tied one, 27-27 vs. Washington in London.Each of the team’s final five losses were by a touchdown or less. The Bengals lost 21-20 at the Giants in Week 10. “We just needed one play to get us going and we never got it,” said QB Andy Dalton, who was 16 of 29 for 204 yards. The next week, Cincy lost 16-12 at home to Buffalo. Buffalo’s defense clinched it by knocking down Dalton's desperation pass into the end zone on the final play.They managed only five first downs while being shut out in the second half. The Bengals also lost star receiver AJ Green to an injured hamstring on the game’s first play.
What Happened After That Incident?The next week, it was a 19-14 loss in Baltimore. The victory was not assured until Dalton fumbled when sacked by Elvis Dumervil, and defensive end Lawrence Guy recovered at the Baltimore 21 with 1:05 left and the Ravens up 19-12.Dalton went 26 for 48 for 283 yards. He fumbled three times, losing two. In Week 15, it was a 24-20 home loss to Pittsburgh. The Bengals scored on each of their first four possessions for a 20-6 lead.
It Wasn’t a Good ChristmasLast but not least, the Bengals lost 12-10 in Houston on Christmas Eve. The Bengals converted a fourth down play to keep a drive alive late in the fourth quarter, but four plays later, former Texan Randy Bullock’s 43-yard attempt sailed wide right as time expired.So maybe the Bengals were just unlucky too often in 2016. With his contract up at the end of the year, Lewis is entering the season as the lame-duck coach of the Bengals, an organization that’s considered one of the most loyal in the NFL. Will that loyalty come to an end for Lewis after the 2017 season?
Offseason MovesThe Bengals wanted to get younger and faster on defense, and add some speed to their receivers group. Parting ways with Karlos Dansby and Rey Maualuga in favor of Nick Vigil and Kevin Minter was a start. Provided John Ross is healthy, he could be the deep threat the Bengals have been missing.On the O-Line, the Bengals are moving ahead with tackles Cedric Ogbuehi and Jake Fisher despite a difficult season for Ogbuehi in 2016. That, combined with the move to guard for Andre Smith, presents a lot of questions for the unit. The Bengals allowed Dalton to be sacked 41 times last season.
Who Will Run the Ball This Season?Cincinnati is high on second-round draft pick Joe Mixon, the running back out of Oklahoma. The top three running backs in 2017 will likely be Jeremy Hill, Giovani Bernard and Mixon. Hill is entering a contract season and Bernard is coming off an ACL tear. That means Mixon is entering a situation where he has a good chance to rise up the ranks quickly.Hill, entering his fourth season, received the bulk of the work last year, carrying the ball 222 times for 839 yards. Bernard, who played only 10 games because of his injury, carried the ball 91 times. He had more receiving work, catching 39 passes to Hill&’s 21. Mixon caught 37 passes for 538 yards during his final season at Oklahoma in addition to rushing for 1,274 yards.
Upcoming Cincinnati Bengals 2017 NFL Schedule & Odds
- Week 1 – vs. Baltimore Ravens. NFL Odds: Bengals (-1)
- Week 2 – vs. Houston Texans. NFL Odds: Bengals (-2)
- Week 3 – @ Green Bay Packers. NFL Odds: Packers (-7)
- Week 4 – @ Cleveland Browns. NFL Odds: Bengals (-3.5)
- Week 5 – vs. Buffalo Bills. NFL Odds: Bengals (-3.5)
- Week 6 – BYE
- Week 7 – @ Pittsburgh Steelers. NFL Odds: Steelers (-7)
- Week 8 – vs. Indianapolis Colts. NFL Odds: Bengals (-3)
- Week 9 – @ Jacksonville Jaguars. NFL Odds: Jaguars (PK)
- Week 10 – @ Tennessee Titans. NFL Odds: Titans (-3)
- Week 11 – @Denver Broncos. NFL Odds: Broncos (-3.5)
- Week 12 – vs. Cleveland Browns. NFL Odds: Bengals (-8.5)
- Week 13 – vs. Pittsburgh Steelers. NFL Odds: Steelers (-1)
- Week 14 – vs. Chicago Bears. NFL Odds: Bengals (-6.5)
- Week 15 – @ Minnesota Vikings. NFL Odds: Vikings (-3)
- Week 16 – vs. Detroit Lions. NFL Odds: Bengals (-3)
- Week 17 – @ Baltimore Ravens. NFL Odds: Ravens (TBA)