The Green Bay Packers, Tennessee Titans and New England Patriots will all be looking to take care of business at home when they take to the gridiron for their respective Week 17 regular season finales. While the Packers have nothing left to play for the and the Patriots are in the postseason as AFC East champs, Tennessee is desperate for a win and the chance to punch their ticket. Now, let’s find out if all three teams can get big home wins to close out the 2018 NFL regular season.
NFL Week 17 Parlay Picks
Week 17 NFL Power Rankings:1. @Saints 2. @ChicagoBears 3. @RamsNFL 4. @Chiefs 5. @Ravens 6-32. https://t.co/nhI6DFUsGp (via @HarrisonNFL) pic.twitter.com/RVEk6fdgtF — NFL (@NFL) December 25, 2018
Detroit Lions (5-10) at Green Bay Packers (6-8-1)/h3>
- When: Sunday, December 30, 2018 at 1:00 PM ET
- Where: Lambeau Field, Green Bay, Wisconsin
- NFL Week 17 Odds: Green Bay -7 / Total: 44
Detroit has dropped two in a row and four of their last five games overall including their uninspiring 27-9 loss to Minnesota last weekend. The Packers have won two of three and managed to pull off a huge comeback to sneak past the Jets 44-38 in overtime in their Week 16 Inter-Conference clash. When it comes to this season-ending week 17 NFC North divisional matchup, my advice is to back Green Bay to win and cover the chalk. The Lions are a complete and utter mess and I remain full anchored to my belief and preseason analysis that they should have never fired former head coach Jim Caldwell after consecutive winning seasons, nor should they have followed that hiring up with a defensive coordinator or first-time head coach like Matt Patricia.
Detroit has gone 2-6 ATS in their last eight games against their NFC counterparts and 0-4 ATS in their last four games against their NFC North division rivals. Green Bay is 7-3 ATS in their last 10 home games against a team with a losing road record and 5-2 ATS in their last seven home dates against the Lions.
- Over is 6-0 in the last 6 meetings.
- Favorite is 20-7 ATS in their last 27 meetings.
- Lions are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 meetings in Green Bay.
NFL Week 17 Pick: Packers 27 Lions 17
Indianapolis Colts (9-6) at Tennessee Titans (9-6)
- When: Sunday, December 30, 2018 at 8:20 PM ET
- Where: Nissan Stadium, Nashville, Tennessee
- NFL Week 17 Odds: Indianapolis -3 / Total: OFF
Whoever wins this game, gets into the playoffs!
Indianapolis has won three in a row and eight of their last nine games overall. The Colts took out the Giants 28-27 last weekend to keep their playoff hopes alive. Tennessee has won four straight including a hard-fought 25-16 win over Washington on Sunday.
For this highly-intriguing Week 17 AFC South divisional battle, I like Indianapolis to win and cash in as a field goal road favorite.
Indianapolis has posted a perfect 5-0 ATS mark in their last five games against a team with a winning record while also going 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games in Week 17. Not only that, but Indianapolis has gone a consistent11-3 ATS in their last 14 meetings Tennessee – and they’re the only team in this contest with Andrew Luck on their sideline. I like Indy for the win and cover NFL betting buffs!
- Favorite is 4-0 ATS in their last 4 meetings.
- Over is 4-1 in the last 5 meetings in Tennessee.
- Colts are 11-3 ATS in their last 14 meetings.
- Home team is 5-2 ATS in their last 7 meetings.
NY Jets (4-11) at New England Patriots (10-5)
- When: Sunday, December 30, 2018 at 1:00 PM ET
- Where: Gillette Stadium, Foxborough, Massachusetts
- NFL Week 17 Odds: New England -13.5 / Total: 45.5
The Jets come into this contest off a loss in Week 16, but they sure looked dangerous before collapsing late in their heartbreaking 44-38 overtime loss against Aaron Rodgers and the Packers last weekend as rookie quarterback Sam Darnold passed for 341 yards with three touchdowns and no interceptions.
While New England picked up a win over Buffalo last weekend to snap a surprising two-game losing streak, Tom Brady and company didn’t look exactly overpowering in their strange 24-12 win over a pitiful Buffalo Bills team as Brady was limited to just 126 passing yards with one TD and two picks.
You may not have known it, but the Jets are a robust 16-7-3 ATS in their last 26 games in December. On the flip side of the coin, the Patriots are just 1-4 ATS in their last five games against their AFC counterparts. With the Jets going 7-3-1 ATS in their last 11 meetings against the Patriots and New England not looking anything like a powerhouse this season, I’m going to urge you to go with the compelling 62 percent of public bettors that are currently backing New York to cover the chalk as a nearly two-touchdown road dog.
- Under is 5-0 in the last 5 meetings.
- Home team is 6-1-1 ATS in their last 8 meetings.
- Jets are 7-3-1 ATS in their last 11 meetings.
- Over is 7-3-1 in the last 11 meetings in New England.
- Underdog is 7-3-1 ATS in their last 11 meetings.
NFL Week 17 Pick: Patriots 24 Jets 17