NFL Week 8 looks to be one of mismatches as there are four games on the schedule that feature double-digit favorites in the NFL odds. Here’s a quick look at every game and an ATS pick. Dallas and Baltimore are on the bye.
2019 NFL Week 8 Odds, Overview & Predictions for Each Game
Washington at Minnesota
- NFL Week 8 Odds: Vikings -15.5
The Vikings are the biggest favorites on the board. Kirk Cousins has been red-hot during Minnesota’s three-game winning streak. This will be Cousins’ first time facing the Redskins since leaving them as a free agent after the season.
Pick: Redskins will manage to only lose by 14 and cover
NY Giants at Detroit
- NFL Week 8 Odds: Lions -7
In Sunday’s home loss to the Vikings, the Lions’ Matthew Stafford became the fastest player in NFL history to reach 40,000 career yards. It was also the first game this season involving the Lions that was decided by more than four points. The Giants lost at home to Arizona.
Tampa Bay at Tennessee
- NFL Week 8 Odds: Titans -2.5
Was to be a matchup of the first two picks in the 2015 NFL Draft in Tampa Bay quarterback Jameis Winston and Tennessee QB Marcus Mariota, but Mariota was benched last week and the Titans beat the Chargers. The Bucs come out of their bye week.
LA Chargers at Chicago
- NFL Week 8 Odds: Bears -4
Arguably the NFL’s two most disappointing teams after both won 12 games last regular season. The Bears amazingly have yet to reach 300 yards offense this season. The Bolts, meanwhile, are 2-5 and on a three-game losing streak.
Seattle at Atlanta
- NFL Week 8 Odds: Seahwaks -3.5
Many believe this will be the last game as Falcons coach for Dan Quinn as he’s reportedly going to get fired during the Falcons’ Week 9 bye. Not clear if the Falcons will have starting quarterback Matt Ryan here as he left Sunday’s loss to the Rams with a sprained ankle. 3
NY Jets at Jacksonville
- NFL Week 8 Odds: Jaguars -4.5
New York on a short week after hosting the Patriots on Monday. The Jaguars were winners in Cincinnati on Sunday. Rookie QB Gardner Minshew completed 15-of-32 passes for 255 yards and a touchdown while adding nine carries for an additional 48 yards. The Jags can get to .500 with a win here.
Philadelphia at Buffalo
- NFL Week 8 Odds: Bills -2
The Bills continue to surprise, although they had to rally past the winless Dolphins on Sunday. The Eagles, meanwhile have been dominated in losing their past two games. Carson Wentz completed 16-of-26 passes for 191 yards with a touchdown and an interception in Week 7 against Dallas. Wentz fumbled on an opening drive sack and bobbled a snap that led to a fumble in the second half.
Cincinnati vs. LA Rams
- NFL Week 8 Odds: Rams -13
Arizona at New Orleans
- NFL Week 8 Odds: Saints -10.5
The Cardinals are on a three-game winning streak, which matches their win total all of last season. The Saints, meanwhile, are 5-0 behind backup QB Teddy Bridgewater. This likely will be his last game as starter with Drew Brees close to returning.
Denver at Indianapolis
- NFL Week 8 Odds: Colts -6
The Broncos are on extra rest after getting pounded at home by the Chiefs last Thursday, but Denver’s offense is so bad it likely doesn’t matter. The Colts came out of their bye and got a big win over Houston thanks to four TD passes from Jacoby Brissett.
Carolina at San Francisco
- NFL Week 8 Odds: 49ers -6
The 49ers are the NFC’s lone unbeaten team. Carolina comes out of its bye week and will stick with No. 2 Kyle Allen at quarterback.
Cam Newton (foot) will “be with the trainers” and continue to rehab throughout the week Coach Ron Rivera said. Rivera added that Cam “may or may not” return to practice this week, too.
Oakland at Houston
- NFL Week 8 Odds: Texans -6.5
Thinned out by injuries in the secondary, the Texans acquired cornerback Gareon Conley from the Raiders in exchange for a 2020 third-round pick. The Raiders drafted Conley with the No. 24 overall pick of the 2017 draft, but the former Ohio State product struggled to live up to expectations. A bit odd that the Raiders would trade him this week to the team they are playing.
Cleveland at New England
- NFL Week 8 Odds: Patriots -1.5
The Patriots are on a short week after visiting the Jets on Monday, while Cleveland comes off its bye week a disappointing 2-4. Browns coach Freddie Kitchens said QB Baker Mayfield (hip) is “good to go” after resting over the bye week.
Green Bay at Kansas City
- NFL Week 8 Odds: Packers -4
This spread changed a ton when Kansas City lost superstar quarterback Patrick Mahomes to a knee injury last Thursday in Denver. He’ll miss at least this week, which means NFL fans won’t get their first-ever look at Mahomes vs. Aaron Rodgers.
Miami at Pittsburgh
- NFL Week 8 Odds: Steelers -14.5
The Monday night game, although the winless Dolphins have no right playing on national TV in prime time. The Steelers come out of their bye and should get back starting QB Mason Rudolph (concussion)as he has cleared the league’s concussion protocol.
More Week 8 NFL Betting News
- Saints vs Vikings NFL Week 8 Odds & Pick for Sunday Night
- NFL Week Eight Picks w/ Bill Burr (Ep. 622)
- How to Bet Packers at Rams NFL Week 8 Spread & Pick
- 49ers vs Cardinals NFL Week 8 Lines & Betting Analysis
- Colts vs Raiders NFL Week 8 Lines & Prediction
- Jets vs Bears NFL Week 8 Odds & Expert Preview
- How to Bet Ravens vs Panthers NFL Week 8 Spread
- Buccaneers vs Bengals NFL Week 8 Spread & Betting Analysis
- Seahawks vs Lions NFL Week 8 Odds & Betting Analysis
- Browns vs Steelers NFL Week 8 Lines & Game Preview
- Broncos vs Chiefs NFL Week 8 Odds & Prediction
- Week Eight NFL DFS Picks (Ep. 620)
- Redskins vs Giants 2018 NFL Week 8 Odds & Prediction
- How to Bet Eagles vs Jaguars NFL Week 8 Spread & Pick