The season is over, and the playoffs are now just a matter of days away. This is the point where we can essentially toss the NFL Power Rankings out the window, as anything can happen from that point forward. That said, it is still fun to look at the final rankings to see if there have been any moves that might suggest a team is about to make a run the likes of which we saw from the Tennessee Titans last season. With that in mind, let’s take a final look at the top and bottom 5 teams in the Power Rankings this season so you can continue making your bets against their NFL odds.
NFL Power Rankings at the End of the 2020-21 Regular Season
- Kansas City Chiefs – Yes, the Chiefs dropped their second game of the season in Week 17, but they did so with their best players out of the line-up. This is still very much the team to beat and they will be back after Wild Card Weekend.
- Buffalo Bills – The Bills started many of their best players in the final week, but then pulled them as soon as they built up a big lead on the Dolphins, which helped Buffalo secure the #2 seed in the AFC. This team has risen above dark horse status.
- Green Bay Packers – While it’s not totally guaranteed yet, the smart money seems to be on Aaron Rodgers winning the MVP. He has had an awesome year and was a huge part of the Packers nabbing the #1 seed in the NFC.
- New Orleans Saints – Another very good season for a Saints team that had some injury issues to deal with. We have come to expect this level of play from them over the past couple of seasons, but can they get over the hump in the playoffs?
- Baltimore Ravens – This is a team that has come very good in the past few weeks of the season and who now look like a serious threat in the AFC. The Ravens are a team that no one wants to face in the postseason.
- Houston Texans – DeShaun Watson finished the season as the passing yards leader in the NFL, but a lot of times it looked as though he was fighting a lone battle. At least the Texans have an elite QB in place as they look to rebuild.
- Cincinnati Bengals – Despite going 4-11-1 on the season, the Bengals announced that they will be allowing coach Zac Taylor for one more year. You do have to imagine, though, that he will start next season on a very hot seat.
- Detroit Lions – The 5-11 Lions are another team about to blow things up in a big way this offseason, which could mean bidding farewell to QB Matthew Stafford. We can only hope that he lands on a team where he has a chance to win.
- New York Jets – With a couple of wins in the waning weeks of the season, the Jets took themselves out of the top pick in the draft. The question now is whether they will use their pick to land a QB or go in another direction.
- Jacksonville Jaguars – Even before this season began, it looked as though the Jaguars were clearing house in an effort to tank the season. Mission accomplished. They will be seeing Trevor Lawrence take the field as their QB next season.
NFL Betting News
- NFL Rumors & News: Julian Edelman Retires, Aaron Rodgers In the Spotlight Again & More
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) NFL Update – Apr. 8th Edition
- NFL Rumors & News: Aaron Rodgers Might Become A TV Host
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) NFL Update – Apr. 1st Edition
- NFL Rumors & News: 49ers Made Deal for a 3rd Pick in the 2021 Draft