No question that the most important game on the final Sunday of the 2019 NFL regular season is 49ers at Seahawks – that’s why it was flexed to prime time. The winner is the NFC West champion and the loser a Wild-Card team in the playoffs. The Seahawks are rare home underdogs on the Mybookie NFL odds.
How to Bet 49ers vs Seahawks NFL Week 17 Odds & Game Info
- When: Sunday, 8:20 PM ET
- Where: CenturyLink Field
- TV: NBC
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: NFL Game Pass
- NFL Week 17 Odds: San Francisco 49ers -3 (Total 47)
49ers vs Seahawks First MeetingIn Week 10, the Niners were the NFL’s only unbeaten team remaining but were upset 27-24 in OT at home by Seattle. Then-new San Francisco kicker Chase McLaughlin missed what would have been a game-winning field goal in overtime, and Russell Wilson and the Seahawks’ offense set up Jason Myers for a 42-yarder no time left in the extra period.
Wilson completed 24 of 34 passes for 232 yards, a touchdown and an interception, and ran for 53 yards on six carries. Seahawks DE Jadeveon Clowney was everywhere with five solo tackles, a sack, five QB hits, forced a fumble and returned a separate fumble 10 yards for a game-changing touchdown in the second quarter.
Why Bet on San Francisco?The 49ers (12-3) will be not just NFC West champions for the first time since 2012 with a victory but would also be the conference’s top seed. A loss and they will head out on the road next weekend as a Wild-Card team.
San Francisco is on an extra day of rest, winning 34-31 over the Rams last Saturday. Jimmy Garoppolo converted a pair of conversions on third-and-16 to set up Robbie Gould’s game-winning 33-yard field goal with no time left to eliminate the defending NFC champion Rams from playoff contention. San Francisco had failed on 50 straight third downs when needing at least 16 yards to convert since last doing it in Week 3 in 2017.
Garoppolo completed 16-of-27 passes for 248 yards, one touchdown, and two interceptions in the win. Jimmy G was sacked six times and his two interceptions were costly. The first one was picked by Jalen Ramsey while in zone coverage, and the second was deflected into the air by Ramsey in tight coverage that wound up in Darious Williams’ hands. Garoppolo is 307 passing yards away from being the third San Francisco quarterback to throw for 4,000 yards in a single season (quarterbacks Jeff Garcia and Steve Young).
Star tight end George Kittle caught 5-of-8 targets for 79 yards and one touchdown. Raheem Mostert rushed 11 times for 53 yards and one touchdown. Mostert has scored six touchdowns (five rushing, one receiving) in the 49ers’ last five games and has rushed for a touchdown in each of the last five games.
Some Injuries49ers coach Kyle Shanahan said right guard Mike Person (neck) isn’t expected to play for Week 17 against the Seahawks. Person’s streak of 30 consecutive starts ended Saturday night when Shanahan opted to lean on Daniel Brunskill instead. Aaron Donald beat Brunskill for a sack, but he still played fairly well. Shanahan also said that defensive end Dee Ford will miss another game with a hamstring injury.
Over the past month and a half, injuries have mounted, as the 49ers have lost key starters like linebacker Kwon Alexander, defensive tackle D.J. Jones and center Weston Richburg, — plus helpful depth like defensive ends Ronald Blair III and Damontre’ Moore — for the rest of the season.
- Points per Game: 30.20
- Passing Yards: 234.87
- Rushing Yards: 145.13
- Yards per Play: 5.91
- Points per Game: 19.27
- Passing Yards: 166.13
- Rushing Yards: 111.80
- Yards per Play: 4.65
Why Bet on Seattle?The Seahawks also win the division with a victory but would need losses earlier Sunday by Green Bay at Detroit and New Orleans at Carolina to earn the NFC’s top seed. Not too likely either of those things happen.
Seattle might have been caught looking ahead to this game last Sunday as it was stunned at home by Arizona 27-13. Russell Wilson completed 16-of-31 passes for 169 yards, one touchdown and zero interceptions. He averaged just 5.5 yards per attempt and took five sacks. The loss of tailbacks Chris Carson (hip) and C.J. Prosise (arm) didn’t help matters. Both those guys are done for the season; fellow tailback Rashaad Penny was lost for the year a couple of weeks ago.
The Seahawks will roll with rookie Travis Homer and they signed both Marshawn Lynch and Robert Turbin off the street this week. Homer rushed five times for 16 yards in the Seahawks’ Week 16 loss to the Cardinals, adding six receptions for 26 additional yards. He should get most of the carries as Lynch and Turbin probably aren’t close to game shape. Lynch was reasonably effective when healthy last year, submitting a 4.2 yards-per-carry average in six games for Oakland. “Beast Mode” topped 1,000 yards in four of his six seasons during his initial stint with Seattle from 2010-15.
Wilson for MVP?While Wilson didn’t play great last week, he might finish as high as second for NFL MVP – Baltimore’s Lamar Jackson will win that award. Wilson is fifth in the NFL in passer rating at 107.3 and has thrown 29 touchdown passes to only five interceptions for a 5.8 TD/INT ratio that also ranks fifth.
He also led five game-winning drives in the fourth quarter or overtime, one reason the Seahawks have tied the NFL record for most one-score victories with 10.
Wilson has 15 touchdowns and three interceptions in his seven home starts against the 49ers. Wide receiver Tyler Lockett has recorded a touchdown reception in four of his last five home games against NFC West competition. Linebacker Bobby Wagner has registered an interception in his last three home games against San Francisco.
This is only the sixth time since 2013 that the Seahawks have been a home underdog. In the five previous games, the Seahawks have gone 2-3 straight up and 3-2 ATS. Wilson is 16-2 in his career at home in prime-time games and has never lost at home to San Francisco, going 7-0 (6-1 ATS).
- Points per Game: 25.60
- Passing Yards: 237.93
- Rushing Yards: 138.47
- Yards per Play: 5.79
- Points per Game: 24.80
- Passing Yards: 263.67
- Rushing Yards: 117.00
- Yards per Play: 5.91
49ers vs Seahawks NFL Week 17 Betting Trends
- Over is 6-2 in the last 8 meetings
- 49ers are 6-1 SU in their last 7 games on the road
- 49ers are 2-4 ATS in their last 6 games played in December
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of San Francisco’s last 8 games against an opponent in the NFC conference
- Seahawks are 9-3 SU in their last 12 games at home
- Seahawks are 9-1 ATS in their last 10 games when playing as the underdog
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Seattle’s last 7 games played in December
Expert Final Score Prediction for 49ers vs SeahawksScore: San Francisco 49ers 28 – Seattle Seahawks 24
More Week 17 NFL Betting News
- NFL Week 17 Must Bet Games – 2018 Season
- Can Chargers Back the NFL Odds Against Raiders in Regular Season Finale?
- Arizona at Seattle Week 17 Game Preview & NFL Betting Pick
- Chiefs Fly to Denver as Underdogs at the NFL Betting Lines for Week 17
- Week 17 NFL Betting Odds & Expert Pick: Jacksonville at Tennessee
- 49ers are Slight NFL Betting Favorites Against Rams in Week 17
- Saints vs. Buccaneers Week 17 Game Info, NFL Lines & Prediction
- How to Bet Dallas at Philadelphia NFL Week 17 Odds & Pick
- Expert Week 17 NFL Betting Analysis: Browns vs. Steelers
- Redskins are Slight NFL Betting Favorites in Week 17 vs. Giants
- Week 17 Preview: NY Jets at New England NFL Betting Lines & Preview
- Bears at Vikings Week 17 NFL Betting Odds & Expert Pick
- Week 17 NFL Lines & Prediction for Houston at Indianapolis
- Can the Lions Cover the NFL Spread Against Packers in Week 17?
Even More 49ers vs Seahawks Archived Betting Articles
- 2020 NFL Week 1 Picks To Definitely Bet On
- NFL Picks for the 2020 Season to Must Bet On
- 2020 NFL Betting – Tom Brady & the Bucs
- Must Bet NFL Games in Week 10 in 2020
- NFC West Odds & Picks – 2020 NFL Betting
- NFL Betting – Top NFC Teams to Win Super Bowl LV
- NFL Betting – NFC Rivalry Games on the 2020 Calendar
- NFL Betting – Early Conference Predictions
- NFL Betting – Early Betting Guide for Week 1
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) NFL Update – June 22nd Edition
- NFL NFC West Divisional Odds After Draft
- NFL Draft Order & Rounds For 2020
- NFC West Mock Draft For 2020 Draft
- NFL Betting: NFC West Free Agency Thoughts After Week 1