If you’re an NFL betting buff that loves making Over/Under total wagers and you’re looking for reasons to bet the Under when Super Bowl LIII gets underway in less than a week from now, then you’ve come to the right place!
Thanks to the five expert reasons to bet the Under that you’re about to get, you’re going to have a great idea of just what could go down when the NFL’s annual championship showcase gets underway on Sunday, Feb. 3 at 6:30 P ET, live from Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta.
5 Reasons to Bet the Under for Super Bowl LIII
New England Patriots (13-5) vs. LA Rams (15-3)
- When: Sunday, February 3, 2019 at 6:30 PM ET
- Where: Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, Georgia
- TV: CBS
- Radio: New England / Los Angeles
- Live Stream: NFL Live
- Super Bowl LIII Odds: New England -2.5 / Total: 58
Pats Producing Unders
While New England (7-11 O/U) has topped the O/U total in each of their playoff games this postseason while scoring 37 points or more in each of their last three games overall, the total went 11-5 O/U in 16 regular season games for the Patriots while the Under was the right pick in eight of the Pats last nine regular season games overall.
Rams Offense Produces High Totals
Simply put, when you’re the proud owners of one of the most explosive offenses in the entire NFL, you’re going to face a lot of high Over/Under totals and often times, a bit too high. This has definitely been the case for the Rams (9-9 O/U) this season as they’ve faced 11 O/U totals of at least 50 points.
More importantly, the Rams have played under the in six of their games with a 50-point plus total, including 1-3 O/U over their last four such games including their NFC Championship game win over the Saints almost two weeks ago.
Pats Playing 50-50 Ball
While the Over has been the pick in each of New England’s last three Super Bowl appearances, the O/U total is dead even at 4-4 O/U in their eight Super Bowl appearances of the Tom Brady/Bill Belichick era. More importantly, every time the Pats have faced a team with a stellar defensive line, the game has rsesulted in an Under outcome – or maybe you don’t remember the way the Giants smacked Brady around – twice – to Win Super Bowls 42 and 46 respectively.
Rams Now Playing Defense!
After the Rams made a bunch of sweet offseason additions by brining in stars like Aqib Talib, Marcus Peters and Ndamukong Suh, a lot was expected out of this unit, seeing as how they’re led by the guy I believe is the best defensive coordinator in NFL history. Unfortunately, it took L.A. all season to find their footing on defense, but they’ve clearly got the magic formula correct at just the right time.
Not only does Los Angeles possess some serious talent on that side of the ball, but they’ve got the interior linemen necessary to get pressure up the middle in Tom Brady’s face. The Rams have not allowed more than 23 points this postseason and I believe if they can contain Drew Brees and the Saints in the NFC Championship, then they can contain anyone!
The Under is Due!
The Over/Under Total has gone 27-24 in 51 Super Bowls excluding the inaugural Super Bowl I event back in 1967. The Over has gone 2-0 in the last two Super Bowls, 5-1 in the last six Super Bowls and 7-3 in the last 10 Super Bowls overall. Still, that just leads me to believe the Under is ‘due’ to pop up – and I believe it could happen in Super Bowl 53.
2019 Super Bowl Week Expert Betting News
- Super Bowl 53 Bracket, Rams Patriots Printable Bracket | 2019 NFL Playoff Scores & Results
- Patriots vs Rams Super Bowl LIII Odds, Preview & Pick
- Super Bowl LIII Betting Predictions That Could Reshape Odds
- What to Bet On After Super Bowl LIII?
- Using Past Performances to Predict Super Bowl LIII Winner
- ESPN Super Bowl LIII Picks
- Fox Sports Super Bowl LIII Picks
- CBS Sports Super Bowl LIII Picks
- NFL Network Super Bowl LIII Picks
- Super Bowl 53 Prop Bets & Picks (Ep. 657)
- Donald Trump Super Bowl LIII Props
- Super Bowl LIII Halftime Show Prop Odds
- The Best & Worst Super Bowl LIII Props
- Los Angeles Rams Super Bowl LIII Prop Odds & Picks
- New England Patriots Super Bowl LIII Prop Odds & Picks
- 5 Reasons to Bet the Over for Super Bowl LIII
- Super Bowl DFS Picks (Ep. 656)
- Super Bowl LIII Spread Betting Prediction & Pick
- Super Bowl LIII Moneyline Betting Prediction & Pick
- 5 Reasons to Bet the Under for Super Bowl LIII
- Super Bowl LIII MVP Odds & Expert Pick
- How To Bet The Super Bowl LIII Over-Under
- The Best Super Bowl LIII Props
- Super Bowl LIII Odds for the National Anthem Performance
- Super Bowl LIII Injuries That Might Affect Your Bets
- Super Bowl LIII Betting Trends & Stats
- Conference Championship Recap & Super Bowl Odds (Ep. 655)
- Betting on the Offense or Defense for Super Bowl LIII
- Super Bowl LIII Props, Odds & Picks
- Super Bowl LIII QB vs QB Props
- Super Bowl LIII Defense vs Defense Props
- What’s the Best Super Bowl LIII Betting Strategy?
- 7 Reasons The Los Angeles Rams Will Win Super Bowl LIII
- 7 Reasons Why the New England Patriots Will Win Super Bowl LIII
- New England Patriots Odds to Win Super Bowl LIII
- Los Angeles Rams Odds to Win Super Bowl LIII
- MyBookie Releases Super Bowl Halftime Performance Odds; Questions Whether Politics Will Take Center Stage
- Updated Super Bowl LIII Odds – January 14th Edition
- Updated Super Bowl LIII Odds – January 2nd Edition
- Super Bowl LIII Betting Advice for the 2018 NFL Postseason
- A Look at the Past 7 Super Bowl Betting Underdogs
- A Look at the Past 7 Super Bowl Betting Favorites
- Super Bowl LIII Odds for Possible Matchups – July 18th Edition
- Houston Texans Scorching in Super Bowl LIII Futures
- New England Patriots Look Cold in Super Bowl LIII Futures
- Expert Betting Preview on Six Super Bowl 53 Hopefuls
- Early NFL Betting Odds & Prediction to Win Super Bowl 53
- Super Bowl 53 Odds for Every Team