Tom Brady, Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots stamped their ticket to Super Bowl 53 with a rousing 38-31 overtime victory against the Kansas City Chiefs.
The Patriots are -2 ½ favorites to beat the Rams after opening as a +1 dog. Check out 7 reasons why all the early money on New England might be justified.
Before getting into more info, be sure to check out and download our free Super Bowl LIII bracket, exclusive at MyBookie.
7 Reasons Why the New England Patriots Will Win Super Bowl 53
1. Tom Brady
Terrific Tom Brady orchestrated the overtime touchdown that sealed the deal in the AFC Championship game. Not surprisingly, which says something, Brady playing in another Super Bowl makes all the sense in the world.
Super Bowl 53 will be Tom Brady’s ninth trip to the Vince Lombardi Trophy game. He’s won 5 Super Bowls already, more than any quarterback in NFL history, and keeps getting better with every age. It’s hard to describe Brady as a fine wine. Maybe, he’s Benjamin Button.
2. Bill Belichick
After last year’s defensive coordinator, Matt Patricia, became the head coach at Detroit, Belichick told everyone that he was calling plays this season. Surprise! The Patriots defense played better this season than it has in years.
Belichick shut down the best quarterback in the NFL on the best offense in the league this past Sunday. He’s got two weeks to get into Jared Goff’s head. He probably only needs 4 days, which means by the time Super Bowl 53 kicks off, Belichick will know the moves to make to frustrate Goff.
3. Patriots are a veteran squad
Veterans mean a lot in a Super Bowl. Young teams can get caught up with the glitz, the glamour, the celebrities, and the likely post-Super Bowl endorsement deals. Not the Patriots. They’re used to the big stage. To New England, it’s another game.
4. New England beat two teams that are probably better than Los Angeles
The Patriots dominated the L.A. Chargers in the Divisional Playoffs. They ransacked Kansas City on their way to the AFC Championship victory. Both the Bolts and the Chiefs are probably better than the Rams because of their quarterbacks, defenses, and the way both squads entered the playoffs.
New England beat both.
5. Patriots have discovered a rushing attack
The way to beat the Los Angeles Rams is to get the running game going. Up until this season, the Patriots haven’t had any type of rushing attack. They dominated the Chargers with 155 rushing yards. They thrashed the Chiefs with 176 rushing yards.
6. Patriots are healthyOnly two players are questionable for the Super Bowl, Duke Dawson Jr. and Deatrich Wise Jr. Neither’s a starter.
7. They’re the Patriots, of course they’re going to win!
The Patriots don’t always win the Super Bowl. They have lost it 4 times. But, they’re 2-3 in the past 3 trips. Also, when they lost last season, they had an excuse. No rushing attack and no defense handed Super Bowl 52 to the Philadelphia Eagles.
The Patriots have both a viable run game and a strong defense heading into Super Bowl 53. That makes the Patriots a tough team to go against to win the Vince Lombardi Trophy.
2019 Super Bowl Week Expert Betting News
- Super Bowl 53 Bracket, Rams Patriots Printable Bracket | 2019 NFL Playoff Scores & Results
- Patriots vs Rams Super Bowl LIII Odds, Preview & Pick
- Super Bowl LIII Betting Predictions That Could Reshape Odds
- What to Bet On After Super Bowl LIII?
- Using Past Performances to Predict Super Bowl LIII Winner
- ESPN Super Bowl LIII Picks
- Fox Sports Super Bowl LIII Picks
- CBS Sports Super Bowl LIII Picks
- NFL Network Super Bowl LIII Picks
- Super Bowl 53 Prop Bets & Picks (Ep. 657)
- Donald Trump Super Bowl LIII Props
- Super Bowl LIII Halftime Show Prop Odds
- The Best & Worst Super Bowl LIII Props
- Los Angeles Rams Super Bowl LIII Prop Odds & Picks
- New England Patriots Super Bowl LIII Prop Odds & Picks
- 5 Reasons to Bet the Over for Super Bowl LIII
- Super Bowl DFS Picks (Ep. 656)
- Super Bowl LIII Spread Betting Prediction & Pick
- Super Bowl LIII Moneyline Betting Prediction & Pick
- 5 Reasons to Bet the Under for Super Bowl LIII
- Super Bowl LIII MVP Odds & Expert Pick
- How To Bet The Super Bowl LIII Over-Under
- The Best Super Bowl LIII Props
- Super Bowl LIII Odds for the National Anthem Performance
- Super Bowl LIII Injuries That Might Affect Your Bets
- Super Bowl LIII Betting Trends & Stats
- Conference Championship Recap & Super Bowl Odds (Ep. 655)
- Betting on the Offense or Defense for Super Bowl LIII
- Super Bowl LIII Props, Odds & Picks
- Super Bowl LIII QB vs QB Props
- Super Bowl LIII Defense vs Defense Props
- What’s the Best Super Bowl LIII Betting Strategy?
- 7 Reasons The Los Angeles Rams Will Win Super Bowl LIII
- 7 Reasons Why the New England Patriots Will Win Super Bowl LIII
- New England Patriots Odds to Win Super Bowl LIII
- Los Angeles Rams Odds to Win Super Bowl LIII
- MyBookie Releases Super Bowl Halftime Performance Odds; Questions Whether Politics Will Take Center Stage
- Updated Super Bowl LIII Odds – January 14th Edition
- Updated Super Bowl LIII Odds – January 2nd Edition
- Super Bowl LIII Betting Advice for the 2018 NFL Postseason
- A Look at the Past 7 Super Bowl Betting Underdogs
- A Look at the Past 7 Super Bowl Betting Favorites
- Super Bowl LIII Odds for Possible Matchups – July 18th Edition
- Houston Texans Scorching in Super Bowl LIII Futures
- New England Patriots Look Cold in Super Bowl LIII Futures
- Expert Betting Preview on Six Super Bowl 53 Hopefuls
- Early NFL Betting Odds & Prediction to Win Super Bowl 53
- Super Bowl 53 Odds for Every Team