Oddsmakers give the Arizona Cardinals (8-7) the edge when they visit the Los Angeles Rams (9-6) on Sunday, January 3, 2021 in a matchup between NFC West foes at SoFi Stadium. Arizona is favored by 3.0 points. The contest’s point total is set at 40.5.
- Game Day: Sunday, January 3, 2021
- Game Time: 4:25 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Inglewood, CA
- Stadium: SoFi Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Cardinals Betting Insights
- Arizona is just 7-8 against the spread.
- The Cardinals are just 4-5 ATS when playing as at least 3.0-point favorites.
- Just nine of Arizona’s 15 games this year have gone over the point total (33.3% of its outings).
- The Cardinals have put an average of 26.9 points per game on the scoreboard this season, 7.6 more than the 19.3 the Rams have surrendered in each contest.
- In games where Arizona score at least 26.9 points this season, they are 6-2 overall and 5-3 against the spread.
- When the Los Angeles defense allows 19.3 points or fewer this year, the Rams have accumulated a 7-0 overall record and a 6-1 record against the spread.
Rams Betting Insights
- Just 11 of Los Angeles’ 15 games this year have gone over the point total (26.7% of its outings).
- Los Angeles has an 8-7 record against the spread.
- The Rams have an even ATS record of 4-4 when playing as at least 3.0-point underdogs.
- The Rams average points scored this season (23.6) and the Cardinals points allowed (23.3) are within 0.3 points of each other.
- Los Angeles is 6-1 overall and 6-1 against the spread when they score at least 23.6 points this season.
- When Arizona allows opposing offenses to put 23.3 points or fewer on the scoreboard this year, they are 5-2 overall and 5-2 against the spread.
|Rams (+3)||Over (40.5)||Rams 27 Cardinals 20|
- The average point total for Cardinals games this year is 9.6 more points than the over/under of 40.5 in this matchup.
- Rams games this season have averaged a total of 42.9 points, 2.4 more than the point total in this matchup.
- The Cardinals and their opponents have combined to score more than 40.5 points in 73.3% of their outings this year (11 of 15 opportunities).
- The Rams have played in seven games this year (out of 15 total matchups — 46.7% of chances) where they and their opponents combined to score more than 40.5 points.
- The Cardinals and the Rams combine to average 10.0 more points per game than the total of 40.5 set for this matchup.
- The Cardinals and the Rams have seen their opponents average a combined 2.1 more points per game than the over/under of 40.5 set in this game.
Cardinals vs Rams: Last 5 Meetings
Los Angeles holds an edge against Arizona over the past five matchups between these two squads, recording a 5-0 record in those games. The Rams have a 2-1 record against the spread in those games against the Cardinals. Los Angeles has had the upper hand scoring in those five matchups, recording 168 points while Arizona scored 68.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total Yards||Result|
|12/6/2020||Rams||Cardinals||-3.00||49.00||-150||+132||463-232 LAR||38-28 LAR|
|12/29/2019||Rams||Rams||-7||45||-315||+265||424-393 LAR||31-24 LAR|
|12/1/2019||Rams||Cardinals||-2||47||-136||+120||549-198 LAR||34-7 LAR|
|12/23/2018||N/A||Cardinals||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||461-263 LAR||31-9 LAR|
|9/16/2018||N/A||Rams||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||432-137 LAR||34-0 LAR|
Betting Insights: Last Three Games (Both Teams)
- Arizona has gone 2-1 against the spread and 2-1 overall in their last three contests.
- Arizona has hit under the total two times in their last three contests.
- The Cardinals and their opponents have combined to score an average of 41.3 points over their last three games, 0.8 more than the 40.5 over/under in this matchup.
- Los Angeles has struggled to cover recently, going 1-2 against the spread and 1-2 straight up over their last three games.
- Los Angeles has gone under the total three times in their last three games.
- The Rams have averaged a total of 33 combined points in their last three games, 7.5 less than this game’s total of 40.5.
Cardinals: CB Johnathan Joseph: Out (Shoulder), WR Larry Fitzgerald: Questionable (Groin), DE Corey Peters: Out (Knee), OLB Chandler Jones: Out (Biceps), CB Dre Kirkpatrick: Questionable (Hamstring), WR DeAndre Hopkins: Questionable (Hip), FS Chris Banjo: Questionable (Hip), CB Robert Alford: Out (Torn Pectoral/illness), DE Josh Mauro: Questionable (Hamstring), NT Jordan Phillips: Out (Hamstring), TE Maxx Williams: Questionable (Ankle), OLB Haason Reddick: Questionable (Hip), K Zane Gonzalez: Out (Back), TE Darrell Daniels: Questionable (Hamstring), OLB Isaiah Irving: Out (Back), TE Dan Arnold: Questionable (Back), RB Chase Edmonds: Questionable (Hip), OLB Kylie Fitts: Out (Hand), ILB Dennis Gardeck: Out (Knee), RB Jonathan Ward: Questionable (Ankle)
Rams: OT Andrew Whitworth: Questionable (Knee), K Kai Forbath: Out (Ankle), RB Malcolm Brown: Questionable (Shoulder), QB Jared Goff: Out (Thumb), WR Cooper Kupp: Out (Illness), ILB Micah Kiser: Questionable (Knee), ILB Travin Howard: Out (Torn Meniscus), OT David Edwards: Questionable (Ankle), RB Darrell Henderson Jr.: Out (Ankle), SS Taylor Rapp: Out (Knee), RB Cam Akers: Questionable (Ankle), S Terrell Burgess: Out (Ankle), WR J.J. Koski: Out (Illness)