Before the season started, most had Baltimore finishing third in the AFC North behind the Cleveland Browns and Pittsburgh Steelers. The Ravens had other plans. Behind an NFL MVP, historic, performance from quarterback Lamar Jackson, the Ravens grabbed the top seed in the AFC Playoffs before Week 17. Now, Baltimore gets a chance to show why they’re the best team in the NFL. Are the AFC and Super Bowl favorites worth betting at the odds? See below for a postseason betting analysis of the Baltimore Ravens!
Baltimore Ravens 2020 NFL Postseason Betting Prediction
Baltimore Ravens Odds
Baltimore Ravens Team Analysis
The Ravens didn’t just beat their opponents this season, they dominated their opponents. Baltimore went 10-6 against the spread. That’s terrific in the NFL where the talent spreads among 32 football squads.
Baltimore won in multiple ways. Even though they wouldn’t have come close to the season they had without Jackson, we shouldn’t look past the terrific defense. The Ravens allow 300.6 points per. That ranks 4th in the NFL. It gives up 17.6 points per. That ranks 3rd in the league.
Going back to Jackson, no single player has changed the game the way he has. Jackson not only produced a 36 TD to 6 INT ratio, but he also broke the quarterback record for rush yards. Lamar rushed for 1,206. He averaged 6.9 yards per carry. He scored 7 rushing touchdowns.
Baltimore’s offense averaged 407.6 yards and 33.1 points. The 33.1 points per makes the Ravens’ offense the top-scoring unit in the NFL.
Are -130 fair odds on the Ravens to win the AFC?
Often, any odds under even money constitutes an underlay. After all, to win the Super Bowl a top seed like Baltimore must take 3 games in a row. That’s not easy. But, for the Baltimore Ravens, -130 is a gift.
Think about the teams the Ravens must beat to win the conference. Chiefs’ coach Andy Reid is 2-5 in the playoffs as the head man at Kansas City. The Ravens beat the Patriots 37-20. Baltimore beat the Texans 41-7.
Tennessee and Buffalo would both play the Ravens tough. But neither is guaranteed to win this weekend. Since back-to-back losses in Week 3 and Week 4, Baltimore has gone undefeated. They’ve gotten better with each week.
Are +225 fair odds on the Ravens to win the Super Bowl?
This is where it gets tricky. Before the season started, most thought the best teams were in the AFC. Not so. The 2 best teams after the Baltimore Ravens reside in the NFC. Both the San Francisco 49ers and New Orleans Saints can beat the Baltimore Ravens.
The 49ers came close. The Ravens beat San Francisco 20-17 as a -5 ½ home favorite in Week 13. The 49ers defense could get stronger during the playoffs if Dee Ford returns.
The New Orleans Saints can score with the Ravens. Also, they’ve got enough speed on defense to contain Lamar Jackson. Plus, Sean Payton will have 2 weeks to prepare for the Ravens if the Saints win the NFC.
A wager on the Ravens to win the Super Bowl at +225 is underlay odds. A bet on the Ravens at -130 are overlay odds.
More NFL Playoffs Betting News
- Printable Playoff Bracket, Print 2020-2021 Super Bowl 55 Playoff Picture
- Cleveland Browns at Kansas City Chiefs: AFC Divisional Round Odds and Computer Picks January 17, 2021
- Does Patrick Mahomes Need To Win The Super Bowl Again?
- NFL Rumors & Betting News January 14th Edition
- Super Bowl LV Odds Update January 14th Edition
- Is Aaron Rodgers Obliged to Win the Super Bowl?
- NFL 2020-21 NFC Divisional Round Expert Analysis
- NFL 2021 Playoffs Power Rankings Update Jan. 13 Edition
- Super Bowl 55 Possible Matchups: Cleveland Browns
- How Likely Will Be A Packers Vs Chiefs Super Bowl Matchup?
- NFL 2020-21 AFC Divisional Round Expert Analysis
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) NFL Update – Jan. 12th Edition
- NFL NFC Divisional Round Predictions, Los Angeles Rams at Green Bay Packers Odds, Betting Trends
- NFL AFC Divisional Round Predictions, Baltimore Ravens at Buffalo Bills Odds, Betting Trends