Before the season started, most had Baltimore finishing third in the AFC North behind the Cleveland Browns and Pittsburgh Steelers. The Ravens had other plans. Behind an NFL MVP, historic, performance from quarterback Lamar Jackson, the Ravens grabbed the top seed in the AFC Playoffs before Week 17. Now, Baltimore gets a chance to show why they’re the best team in the NFL. Are the AFC and Super Bowl favorites worth betting at the odds? See below for a postseason betting analysis of the Baltimore Ravens!
Baltimore Ravens 2020 NFL Postseason Betting Prediction
Baltimore Ravens Odds
Baltimore Ravens Team Analysis
The Ravens didn’t just beat their opponents this season, they dominated their opponents. Baltimore went 10-6 against the spread. That’s terrific in the NFL where the talent spreads among 32 football squads.
Baltimore won in multiple ways. Even though they wouldn’t have come close to the season they had without Jackson, we shouldn’t look past the terrific defense. The Ravens allow 300.6 points per. That ranks 4th in the NFL. It gives up 17.6 points per. That ranks 3rd in the league.
Going back to Jackson, no single player has changed the game the way he has. Jackson not only produced a 36 TD to 6 INT ratio, but he also broke the quarterback record for rush yards. Lamar rushed for 1,206. He averaged 6.9 yards per carry. He scored 7 rushing touchdowns.
Baltimore’s offense averaged 407.6 yards and 33.1 points. The 33.1 points per makes the Ravens’ offense the top-scoring unit in the NFL.
Are -130 fair odds on the Ravens to win the AFC?
Often, any odds under even money constitutes an underlay. After all, to win the Super Bowl a top seed like Baltimore must take 3 games in a row. That’s not easy. But, for the Baltimore Ravens, -130 is a gift.
Think about the teams the Ravens must beat to win the conference. Chiefs’ coach Andy Reid is 2-5 in the playoffs as the head man at Kansas City. The Ravens beat the Patriots 37-20. Baltimore beat the Texans 41-7.
Tennessee and Buffalo would both play the Ravens tough. But neither is guaranteed to win this weekend. Since back-to-back losses in Week 3 and Week 4, Baltimore has gone undefeated. They’ve gotten better with each week.
Are +225 fair odds on the Ravens to win the Super Bowl?
This is where it gets tricky. Before the season started, most thought the best teams were in the AFC. Not so. The 2 best teams after the Baltimore Ravens reside in the NFC. Both the San Francisco 49ers and New Orleans Saints can beat the Baltimore Ravens.
The 49ers came close. The Ravens beat San Francisco 20-17 as a -5 ½ home favorite in Week 13. The 49ers defense could get stronger during the playoffs if Dee Ford returns.
The New Orleans Saints can score with the Ravens. Also, they’ve got enough speed on defense to contain Lamar Jackson. Plus, Sean Payton will have 2 weeks to prepare for the Ravens if the Saints win the NFC.
A wager on the Ravens to win the Super Bowl at +225 is underlay odds. A bet on the Ravens at -130 are overlay odds.
More NFL Playoffs Betting News
- NFL 2021-22 Season: Week 2 Betting Picks & Predictions
- NFL 2021-22 Season: Week 1 Betting Picks & Predictions
- Picks to win the NFC South: Saints falling off?
- Picks to win the AFC South: Titans, Colts will battle again
- NFL 2021 Win/Loss Odds Analysis and Betting Prediction For Baltimore Ravens
- NFL Betting Picks for the 2021 AFC North Division
- NFL Betting Picks for the 2021 NFC North Division
- Philadelphia Eagles Win : Loss Odds Analysis and Betting Prediction
- NFL 2021 Seattle Seahawks Win/Loss Odds Analysis and Betting Prediction
- San Francisco 49ers In-Depth Betting Analysis
- NFL 2021 Regular Season Wins Total Odds: Long Term Investments
- New Orleans Saints In-Depth Betting Analysis
- Green Bay Packers In-Depth Betting Analysis
- Top 3 Games Worth Betting for Week 1 of the 2021 NFL Season