The New Orleans Saints (12-4) are big, 10.5-point favorites as they enter a showdown against the Chicago Bears (8-8) in the NFC Wild Card round of the 2020 NFL Playoffs on January 10, 2021 at 4:40 PM ET on CBS. The point total is set at 48.0 for the contest.
- Game Day: Sunday, January 10, 2021
- Game Time: 4:40 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: New Orleans, LA
- Stadium: Mercedes-Benz Superdome
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Saints Betting Insights
- New Orleans’ games have hit the over in 10 out of 16 outings this season (62.5%).
- New Orleans is 9-7 against the spread.
- The Saints are 1-0 ATS when favored by at least 10.5 points.
- The Saints have put an average of 30.1 points per game on the scoreboard this season, seven more than the 23.1 the Bears have surrendered in each contest.
- In games where New Orleans score at least 30.1 points this season, they are 6-0 overall and 6-0 against the spread.
- When the Chicago defense allows 23.1 points or fewer this year, the Bears have pieced together a 6-2 overall record and a 5-3 record against the spread.
Bears Betting Insights
- Chicago has put together an 8-8 record against the spread this season.
- Chicago’s games have gone over the point total in eight out of 16 opportunities this season (50%).
- The Bears average points scored this season (23.2) and the Saints points allowed (21.1) are within 2.1 points of each other.
- In games where Chicago scores at least 23.2 points this season, they are 5-2 overall and 5-2 against the spread.
- When New Orleans allows opposing offenses to put 21.1 points or fewer on the scoreboard this year, they are 6-0 overall and 6-0 against the spread.
|Saints (-10.5)||Over (48)||Saints 31 Bears 18|
- The Saints and their opponents have combined for 48.0 points — this matchup’s point total — in nine of 16 outings (56.2%) this year.
- Chicago has played in eight games this year (out of 16 total matchups — 50% of chances) where they combined with their opponents to score at least 48.0 points.
- The two teams average a combined 5.3 more points per game (53.3) than this matchup’s over/under of 48.0 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 3.8 fewer points per game (44.2) than this game’s total of 48.0 points.
- The average over/under the Saints have had set in matchups this season is 3.2 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Bears this year is 1.6 points less than this game’s over/under.
Saints vs Bears: Last 5 Meetings
In the past five matchups between these two squads, New Orleans holds a 5-0 advantage over Chicago. The Saints and Bears are split 1-1 against the spread in those games. New Orleans outscored Chicago 139-93 in those five head-to-head matchups.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total Yards||Result|
|11/1/2020||Saints||Bears||-5.50||41.00||-245||+210||394-329 NO||26-23 NO|
|10/20/2019||Bears||Bears||-4||37||-195||+170||424-252 NO||36-25 NO|
|10/29/2017||N/A||Saints||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||387-307 NO||20-12 NO|
|12/15/2014||N/A||Bears||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||443-278 NO||31-15 NO|
|10/6/2013||N/A||Bears||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||434-347 CHI||26-18 NO|
Betting Insights: Last Three Games (Both Teams)
- The Saints total over the last three games is 14.0 points more than the 48.0 over/under listed for this matchup.
- New Orleans has gone 2-1 against the spread and 2-1 overall in their last three contests.
- The over has been kind to New Orleans. They have gone over the total two times in the last three contests.
- The Bears have averaged a total of 56.3 combined points over their last three games, 8.3 greater than this matchup’s over/under of 48.0.
- Chicago has been in top form recently, going 2-1 against the spread and 2-1 straight up over their last three contests.
- Chicago has gone over the total three times in the last three contests.
Saints: P Blake Gillikin: Out (Back), CB Keith Washington Jr.: Out (Illness), DT Jalen Dalton: Out (Tricep), WR Deonte Harris: Out (Neck), WR Tre’Quan Smith: Out (Ankle), SS C.J. Gardner-Johnson: Out (Illness), FS D.J. Swearinger: Out (Illness), RB Latavius Murray: Out (Illness), TE Josh Hill: Questionable (Hand), WR Bennie Fowler: Out (Shoulder), CB Patrick Robinson: Questionable (Hamstring), DB Johnson Bademosi: Out (Undisclosed), OLB Kwon Alexander: Out (Achillies), FB Michael Burton: Out (Illness), DE Noah Spence: Out (Knee), WR Michael Thomas: Out (Ankle), RB Alvin Kamara: Out (Illness), RB Dwayne Washington: Out (Illness), SS Marcus Williams: Questionable (Ankle)
Bears: WR Darnell Mooney: Questionable (Ankle), CB Jaylon Johnson: Questionable (Shoulder), TE Darion Clark: Out (Shoulder), K Eddy Piñeiro: Out (Groin), CB Michael Joseph: Out (Knee), WR Reggie Davis: Out (Undisclosed), ILB Roquan Smith: Questionable (Elbow), G James Daniels: Out (Pectoral), OT Bobby Massie: Questionable (Knee), CB Buster Skrine: Questionable (Concussion), WR Dwayne Harris: Out (Triceps), DE Roy Robertson-Harris: Out (Shoulder), DB Tre Roberson: Out (Foot), RB Tarik Cohen: Out (Knee), FS Deon Bush: Questionable (Ankle), CB Artie Burns: Out (Torn Acl)