NFL Betting: Best Draft Classes of the Last Decade
Pro Bowl or All Pro selections, talent depth, earning a spot in first team football, providing quality reserves and possible hall of famers are some of the key factors we considered when grading the best draft classes over the last decade of NFL betting. Below are the teams that came out on top in our research:
BEST DRAFT CLASSES
CLASS OF 2011
• Players On the road to Canton: J.J. Watt and Richard Sherman
• Four players made the Pro Bowl as rookies
• 23 players have made at least one Pro Bowl
• 14 of its first-round drafts have made at least one Pro Bowl
• A good number of its players have been impact players as starters and reserves
• 21 players participated in Super Bowl wins
• Has a total of 45 Pro Bowl selections
Other Notable Stars in the Class: Cam Newton, Andy Dalton, DeMarco Murray, A.J. Green, Justin Houston, Von Miller, Aldon Smith, Patrick Peterson, Torrey Smith and Roy Helu
CLASS OF 2007
• Players On the road to Canton: Calvin Johnson, Adrian Peterson, Joe Thomas, Patrick Willis and Darrelle Revis
• 33 players in this class have made at least one Pro Bowl
• 16 of the first-round drafts in this class have made at least one Pro Bowl
• 32 players participated in Super Bowl wins
• Has a total of 84 Pro Bowl selections
Other Notable Stars in the Class: Marshawn Lynch, Jon Beason, Dwayne Bowe, David Harris, LaMarr Woodley, Ben Grubbs, Dashon Goldson, Marshal Yanda and Jacoby Jones.
CLASS OF 2010
Had a good number of talented players, though some of them are yet to unleash their full potential. The class has produced 30 Pro Bowlers so far.
Notable Stars in the Class: Ndamukong Suh, Maurkice Pouncey, NaVorro Bowman, Dez Bryant, Jimmy Graham, Rob Gronkowski, Geno Atkins, Dexter McCluster, Antonio Brown, Jason Pierre-Paul, Eric Berry and Sam Bradford
CLASS OF 2009
Offers a wide range of talent across both sides of the field, though only have 15 Pro Bowlers entering 2015.
Notable Stars in the Class: Matthew Stafford, LeSean McCoy, Arian Foster, B.J. Raji, Percy Harvin, Hakeem Nicks, Brian Orakpo, Clay Matthews, Connor Barwin, Mike Wallace, Kenny Britt and Johnny Knox.
CLASS OF 2006
Has produced 36 bowlers, though could have done more, considering it was loaded with a lot of potential.
Notable Stars in the Class: Mario Williams, Vernon Davis, Reggie Bush, Jay Cutler, Brandon Marshall, Haloti Ngata, Nick Mangold, Devin Hester, Elvis Dumervil, Greg Jennings and Maurice Jones-Drew.