The NFC East has been one of the more competitive divisions in the NFL in recent years, with no single team really able to win it on a consistent basis. The Dallas Cowboys won it in some considerable style last season, but they are off to a rocky 2-3 start that has opened the door for someone else to take control. It is the Philadelphia Eagles who are proving to be that team early on, but the Washington Redskins could stake their claim with a win on Sunday that would see them move over the .500 mark on the season. If the Redskins, huge NFL Week 6 Spread favorites, are to make a move and challenge for the division crown, they need to get in the habit of beating teams like the one they are facing this upcoming weekend.
The San Francisco 49ers are, to no-one’s great surprise, off to an 0-5 start this year and are a team that is struggling to put points on the board with any level of consistency. The Redskins should be able to take care of the 49ers in their own building and are in as a 10-point favorite for this one. The point total has been set at 46 ½ points.
Betting Analysis on 49ers (0-5) vs. Redskins (2-2) NFL Week 6 Spread
— Washington Redskins (@Redskins) 11 de octubre de 2017
- When: Sunday, October 15 at 1 PM EST
- Where: FedEx Field, Washington
- TV: FOX
- Radio: 107.7 FM (San Francisco) / 94.3 FM (Washington)
- Live Stream: NFL Game Pass
- NFL Week 6 Spread: Washington Redskins -10
- Clear: 26°C/79°F
- Humidity: 64%
- Precipitation: 1%
- Cloud Cover: 20%
- Wind: 9 mph SW
- Stadium Type: Open
- Total Meetings: 31
- First Meeting: November 16, 1952. San Francisco 23 – Washington 17
- Last Meeting: November 23, 2014. Washington 13 – San Francisco 17
- All-Time Series: San Francisco lead series 20-10-1
- Largest Margin of Victory: Both teams won once by 35 points
- Longest Win Streak: San Francisco winning 7
- Current Win Streak: San Francisco winning 4
Why bet on the San Francisco 49ers?
Yes, the San Francisco 49ers are winless on the season, but with just a little bit of luck, they may well have been coming into this one boasting a much better record. Their last 4 games have been decided by 3 points or less, which proves that they are competitive but also highlights the fact that they simply do not have the offensive prowess required to put teams away in this league. There is an interesting little subplot in this game which is that Brian Hoyer is not the QB of the future for the 49ers.
They will almost certainly be shopping for a veteran arm this coming offseason, and if Kirk Cousins does not get the long-term deal he wants in Washington after 2 straight years with the franchise tag, he may be tempted to head west. San Francisco has only won 1 game on the road in their last 13 attempts, but have a solid record in Washington, where they are 5-1 SU in their last 6 visits.
- Average Score For: 17.80
- Total Yards: 318.6
- Rush Yards: 96.80
- Passing Yards: 221.80
- Average Score Against: 24
- Total Yards: 366.4
- Rush Yards: 116.60
- Passing Yards: 249.80
Why bet on the Washington Redskins?
The Redskins come into this one with a 2-2 record and what could best be described as a bit of a rollercoaster start to the season. They have bookended 2 very good wins against the Rams and the Raiders with losses to the Eagles and the Chiefs. They have created their own distraction, though, as we are all looking at the numbers Kirk Cousins posts every week as the saga of his contract issues in Washington continues to play out. This is an issue that is probably not going to end very well for the Redskins.
If they are not aware of the value of Cousins to the team now, then they are probably going to low-ball him in future contract talks and have him move on. The Redskins are a healthy 12-6 ATS in their last 18 games but are just 3-4-2 ATS in their last 9 versus the 49ers. Of their last 5 home games, 4 have gone UNDER the point total.
- Average Score For: 22.75
- Total Yards: 363
- Rush Yards: 130
- Passing Yards: 233
- Average Score Against: 22.25
- Total Yards: 311.25
- Rush Yards: 87.50
- Passing Yards: 223.75
Latest NFL Week 6 Spread Betting Trends
- San Francisco is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games
- San Francisco is 6-14-1 ATS in its last 21 games on the road
- 49ers are 2-3-2 ATS in their last 7 games when playing Washington
- Washington is 12-6 ATS in its last 18 games
- Washington is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games when playing at home against San Francisco
- Redskins are 3-4-2 ATS in their last 9 games when playing San Francisco
Expert Pick and Final Score Prediction
The 49ers have been a consistent thorn in the side of the Redskins in their previous meetings, but I think that ends this weekend. I like Washington to win and cover the NFL Week 6 Spread, and I think that we will see the point total fall slightly UNDER.
Score: San Francisco 49ers 14 – Washington Redskins 30