What are the Miami Dolphins doing!? The front office stripped the team’s roster bare in an effort to tank and land the top overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, but the Fins enter Sunday’s very winnable game vs. Buffalo on a two-game winning streak. The Bills are favored in the NFL odds to finish the season sweep.
How to Bet Bills vs Dolphins NFL Week 11 Odds & Game Info
- When: Sunday, 1 PM ET
- Where: Hard Rock Stadium
- TV: CBS
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: NFL League Pass
- NFL Week 11 Odds: Buffalo Bills -5.5 (Total 40)
Bills vs Dolphins Last Meeting
In Week 7, the Bills rallied for a 31-21 win over the Dolphins. Josh Allen led fourth-quarter touchdown drives following each of the Dolphins turnovers. Tre’Davious White’s diving interception at the 2 of Ryan Fitzpatrick’s pass on second-and-goal from the 12 led to Buffalo going ahead 17-14 on John Brown’s 20-yard touchdown catch that capped a 12-play, 98-yard drive.
Two series later, White punched the ball out of the hands of rookie Preston Williams near the Miami 30, and the fumble was recovered by defensive end Jerry Hughes. Three plays later, Allen hit a wide-open Cole Beasley for a 3-yard touchdown.
Why Bet on Buffalo?
The Bills were 19-16 losers in Cleveland last Sunday. Baker Mayfield threw a 7-yard touchdown pass to Rashard Higgins with 1:44 left as Cleveland snapped a four-game losing streak. Buffalo’s Stephen Hauschka was off the mark on a 53-yard field goal in the final seconds. Earlier, Hauschka missed a 34-yarder.
The Bills stopped the Browns on eight straight plays at the 1 — the equivalent of two goal-line stands — in the first quarter. However, Buffalo’s defense was carved up by a struggling Cleveland team to the tune of 368 yards. Still, that’s nine straight games the Bills defense has allowed fewer than 400 total net yards. It’s the longest active streak in the league.
What about the offense?
Josh Allen completed 22-of-41 passes for 266 scoreless yards, adding six carries for 28 additional yards and two touchdowns. Allen had zero turnovers; he let the ball get punched out from behind inside the 10-yard line, but the Bills made a fluky recovery. The second-year quarterback continues to shine with his intermediate throws but his inability to connect on a single pass beyond 30 yards this season has graduated from “troubling trend” to “crippling concern.” Devin Singletary rushed eight times for 42 yards along with three receptions for eight additional yards. John Brown caught 5-of-11 targets for 77 yards.
The Bills have put up just 18 points in the third quarter this season, which ranks 30th in the NFL ahead of only Cincinnati (13) and Miami (3). In five of their eight games Buffalo has gone scoreless in the third quarter. Five times the Bills have trailed at the half this season. Not once have they erased the deficit on the scoreboard in the third quarter in those situations. On 22 total possessions in the third quarter this season, the Bills have two touchdowns and one field goal.
- Points per Game: 19.33
- Passing Yards: 212.56
- Rushing Yards: 124.33
- Yards per Play: 5.33
- Points per Game: 16.67
- Passing Yards: 188.56
- Rushing Yards: 115.67
- Yards per Play: 4.94
Why Bet on Miami?
The Fins were 16-12 upset winners at Indianapolis, helped by the fact the Colts didn’t have starting QB Jacoby Brissett. The Dolphins converted three Colts turnovers into 13 points and the defense preserved the win with a red-zone stop in the final minute.
Brian Hoyer started in place of the injured Brissett at quarterback and struggled mightily. Indy gained only 300 total yards and while Hoyer completed just 18 of 39 passes with one touchdown and three interceptions, all of which led to Miami scores. Miami earned its first win at Indianapolis since 2013. The Dolphins’ three interceptions against the Colts not only matched their previous season total, it represented their best single-game output in more than a year.
Ryan Fitzpatrick completed 21-of-33 passes for 169 yards, zero touchdowns and an interception. Fitzpatrick added an 11-yard touchdown on the ground. He briefly left the game in the fourth quarter to go through the concussion protocol, but quickly returned. Fitzpatrick became the first Dolphins quarterback since 2012 to have two touchdown runs in a season. Ryan Tannehill also had two rushing touchdowns in 2012. DeVante Parker caught 5-of-10 targets for 69 yards. Kalen Ballage rushed 20 times for 43 yards, adding four receptions for two additional yards.
With his field goals of 47, 48 and 48 yards, Jason Sanders became the first Dolphins kicker to make three kicks of 45 yards or longer in the same game since Olindo Mare on Oct. 17, 1999 when Mare made kicks of 53, 45 and 45 yards while going 6-for-6 in a 31-30 Dolphins victory at New England.
Coach Brian Flores said Fitzpatrick will remain the QB for the “foreseeable future.” The team has been completely different since Fitzpatrick re-entered the lineup in fourth quarter of Week 6. Still, his presence under center means the team won’t have much of a chance to evaluate season-year signal caller Josh Rosen.
- Points per Game: 13.22
- Passing Yards: 194.11
- Rushing Yards: 64.44
- Yards per Play: 4.30
- Points per Game: 29.78
- Passing Yards: 244.89
- Rushing Yards: 146.33
- Yards per Play: 6.09
Bills vs Dolphins NFL Week 11 Betting Trends
- Favorite is 4-1 ATS in their last 5 meetings
- Over is 7-2 in the last 9 meetings
- Bills are 5-2 SU in their last 7 games against an opponent in the AFC conference
- Bills are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games against an opponent in the AFC East division
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Buffalo’s last 6 games on the road
- Dolphins are 3-6 SU in their last 9 games played in November
- Dolphins are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games this season
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Miami’s last 9 games against Buffalo
Buffalo Bills 23 – Miami Dolphins 16
More Week 11 NFL Betting News
- NFL Week Eleven Picks (Ep. 631)
- Raiders at Cardinals NFL Week 11 Lines & Expert Pick
- Eagles vs Saints NFL Week 11 Betting Odds & Prediction
- How to Bet Broncos vs Chargers NFL Week 11 Spread & Pick
- Vikings vs Bears NFL Week 11 Lines & Game Preview
- Chiefs vs Rams NFL Week 11 Lines, Pick & Prediction
- Panthers at Lions NFL Week 11 Spread & Betting Analysis
- Titans vs Colts NFL Week 11 Lines & Prediction
- Texans at Redskins NFL Week 11 Odds & Expert Preview
- Bengals at Ravens NFL Week 11 Spread & Prediction
- Cowboys vs Falcons NFL Week 11 Lines & Expert Analysis
- Week Eleven NFL DFS Picks (Ep. 629)
- Steelers at Jaguars NFL Week 11 Lines & Preview
- Buccaneers vs Giants NFL Week 11 Odds & Prediction
Even More Bills vs Dolphins Archived Betting Articles
- NFL Betting Analysis – Parlay Picks for Week 2
- NFL AFC East Betting Odds & Picks for the 2021 Season
- Dolphins 26 vs Bills 56 Result NFL Week 17 Score
- Miami Dolphins at Buffalo Bills Opening Lines and Betting Trends January 3, 2021
- NFL 2020 Week 12 O/U Picks Expert Analysis
- NFL Week 10 Parlay Picks Expert Analysis
- Updated AFC Playoff Picture: Chiefs Remain Team To Beat
- Bills 31 vs Dolphins 28 Result NFL Week 2 Score
- Bills vs. Dolphins Odds and Computer Picks (Week 2)
- Bills vs. Dolphins Line and Betting Trends September 20, 2020
- NFL Betting Analysis – Week 1 ATS Picks
- AFC East Odds & Picks – 2020 NFL Betting
- NFL AFC East Divisional Odds After Draft
- NFL Draft Order & Rounds For 2020