Could be a bit of a letdown game Sunday for Houston as the Texans ended a long losing streak against the New England Patriots last Sunday night. Houston can take another step toward repeating as AFC South champion by beating a bad Denver Broncos team in Week 14. The Texans are nearly double-digit favorites on the Mybookie NFL odds.
How to Bet Broncos vs Texans NFL Week 14 Odds & Game Info
- When: Sunday, December 8th, 2019 at 1 PM ET
- Where: NRG Stadium
- TV: CBS
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: NFL Game Pass
- NFL Week 14 Betting Lines: Houston Texans -9.5 (Total 41.5)
Broncos vs Texans Last MeetingTeams played Week 9 last year in Denver and the Texans won 19-17. Brandon McManus missed a 51-yard field goal wide right in the final seconds. McManus’ second miss of the game came after Case Keenum completed an 18-yard pass between two defenders to Emmanuel Sanders on fourth-and-8 from the Denver 45-yard line with under a minute left. Deshaun Watson threw for 213 yards and two scores for Houston. DeAndre Hopkins caught 10 for 105 yards and a touchdown.
Why Bet on Denver?Second-round rookie quarterback Drew Lock made his first NFL start last Sunday and led an unlikely 23-20 win over the Chargers. Denver had the ball at its own 28 with nine seconds left and instead of taking a knee and going to OT, the Broncos tried a deep pass. Pass interference was called on the Chargers, allowing Brandon McManus a shot to win it with a 53-yard field goal. He made it.
Lock’s debut win for Denver included a pair of touchdown throws to Courtland Sutton but just 134 yards passing and it came a month after Brandon Allen beat Cleveland. It made the Broncos the first team in league history to have two quarterbacks start and win their NFL debuts in the same season. It was the first time since John Elway and Gary Kubiak were rookies in 1983 that a Broncos rookie quarterback won his first start.
Need to Get BetterLock was far from perfect; he threw an ill-advised interception over the middle and averaged a pedestrian 4.8 yards per attempt, but a win is a win. Lock also enjoyed the benefits of some quality field position, as 10 of the Broncos’ points came following Chargers turnovers and the short fields that came with them — those two Broncos scoring drives were 18 and 8 yards, respectively.
Denver played without star defensive end Von Miller due to injury, his first missed game since 2013. Not clear yet if he will go here. Defensive tackle Derek Wolfe suffered a dislocated left elbow in the win and his season is over. Wolfe was hurt in a fourth-quarter collision with teammate Mike Purcell. Wolfe finishes his standout 2019 with 34 tackles and a career-high seven sacks in what will likely be his final year with the team. The 29-year-old will be a free agent.
With Bradley Chubb already on injured reserve — he tore his ACL in Week 4 against the Jacksonville Jaguars — and Miller dealing with a left knee injury, it’s possible the Broncos will face the Houston Texans and quarterback Deshaun Watson this Sunday without the team’s three top pass-rushers. DeMarcus Walker will likely get most of the snaps in the defensive sets Wolfe has played.
- Points per Game: 16.50
- Passing Yards: 187.42
- Rushing Yards: 108.33
- Yards per Play: 4.94
- Points per Game: 19.75
- Passing Yards: 210.58
- Rushing Yards: 113.67
- Yards per Play: 5.21
Why Bet on Houston?The Texans knocked off New England 28-22 on Sunday night in Houston. Texans coach and former Patriots assistant Bill O’Brien got his first win in six tries against New England coach Bill Belichick. It was Houston’s second win over the Patriots and first since Jan. 3, 2010. Tom Brady completed two of his three TD passes in the final 4 minutes to pull within six. A Patriots player got a hand on Jake Bailey’s onside kick attempt with 50 seconds remaining, but the ball bounced out of bounds.
Deshaun Watson completed 18-of-25 passes for 234 yards and three touchdowns. He added a six-yard receiving TD on a pass from DeAndre Hopkins, the first receiving score of Watson’s career. His touchdowns came on check-downs to Duke Johnson and Darren Fells and a deep shot to Kenny Stills from 35 yards out.
In nine career prime-time games, Watson has thrown 21 touchdowns and just three interceptions. It was the fifth time this season Watson had three or more passing touchdowns, which is the most in a single season in Texans history. Entering the day, the Patriots had allowed four passing touchdowns all season and had forced 15 interceptions. On Sunday, the Texans had four passing touchdowns and no interceptions thrown.
Other TexansCarlos Hyde rushed 10 times for 17 yards and caught one pass for five yards. Hyde has been trending down with under 70 rushing yards the last three games. Johnson rushed nine times for 36 yards and caught 5-of-6 targets for 54 yards and a touchdown. Hopkins caught 5-of-8 targets for 64 yards. Hopkins was held in check by Stephon Gilmore most of the night.
Johnathan Joseph played his 50th career NFL game where he finished with multiple passes defensed, passing Ronde Barber for the most career games with multiple passes defensed in NFL history. The 14-year veteran leads the NFL in passes defensed since joining the Texans in 2011. His franchise-record now totals 116.
- Points per Game: 24.42
- Passing Yards: 243.00
- Rushing Yards: 129.83
- Yards per Play: 5.96
- Points per Game: 22.58
- Passing Yards: 262.33
- Rushing Yards: 111.67
- Yards per Play: 5.86
Broncos vs Texans NFL Week 14 Betting Trends
- Under is 5-1-1 in the last 7 meetings
- Broncos are 1-7 SU in their last 8 games on the road
- Broncos are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games played in December
- The total has gone UNDER in 15 of Denver’s last 20 games
- Texans are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games at home
- Texans are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games played in week 14
- The total has gone UNDER in 12 of Houston’s last 18 games played in December
Expert Final Score Prediction for Broncos vs TexansDenver Broncos 17 – Houston Texans 23
More NFL Week 14 Betting News
- Giants vs Eagles 2019 NFL Week 14 Odds & Pick for Monday Night
- Titans vs Raiders 2019 NFL Week 14 Odds, Preview & Expert Prediction
- Redskins vs Packers 2019 NFL Week 14 Lines, Game Info & Betting Pick
- Bengals vs Browns 2019 NFL Week 14 Spread & Expert Analysis
- Seahawks vs Rams 2019 NFL Week 14 Lines, Analysis & Prediction
- 49ers vs Saints 2019 NFL Week 14 Spread, Betting Preview & Expert Pick
- Chiefs vs Patriots 2019 NFL Week 14 Spread, Game Info & Betting Preview
- NFL Picks Week 14 (Ep. 761)
- Broncos vs Texans 2019 NFL Week 14 Betting Lines & Game Preview
- Lions vs Vikings 2019 NFL Week 14 Odds, Preview & Expert Pick
- Steelers vs Cardinals 2019 NFL Week 14 Lines, Analysis & Prediction
- Dolphins vs Jets 2019 NFL Week 14 Lines, Analysis & Prediction
- Colts vs Buccaneers 2019 NFL Week 14 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Week 14 Daily Fantasy Football Picks (Ep. 759)