Tony Romo and the Dallas Cowboys will look to hold it down at home and handle Eli Manning and the New York Giants in one of the most intriguing Week 1 matchups on the docket. Thanks to this expert NFL odds betting breakdown on the NFC East division clash, you’re going to find out if Dallas can handle their business and dispatch the rebuilding Giants.
The Giants went 2-2 SU and ATS in the preseason while alternating wins and losses in every contest. The G-Men also had their share of off-field ‘drama’ thanks to defensive lineman Jason Pierre-Paul’s untimely (and foolish) offseason fireworks accident.
The good news is that New York still has an elite quarterback in two-time Super Bowl winner Eli Manning and a pair of gifted wide receivers in second-year superstar Odell Beckham Jr. and returning veteran Victor Cruz.
What the Giants need however is a first-class running back and some more quality defenders, though they did a great job of addressing their offensive line needs this offseason.
Still, projections for this matchup say the Giants will be led in rushing by Randle Jennings with 13.3 carries for 58 yards with the entire team projected to rush for just 107 total yards.
The good news for Giants fans and betting backers is the fact that the Cowboys looked even worse in going 1-3 SU and ATS during the scrimmage season. As usual, Dallas also has its share of drama, starting at running back where they’ll no longer have 2014 league rushing leader DeMarco Murray leading the way, mostly because Jones didn’t want to pay the man.
Jones has already foolishly gone on record to say that he believes the combination of Joseph Randle and Darren McFadden will get the job done (they won’t), but it’s not looking really good seeing as how both backs looked okay at best in the preseason.
In addition t that, the Cowboys have a secondary that was mediocre at best and that was before cornerback Orlando Scandrick was lost for the season
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- 2021 Kentucky Derby Traditions Affected By The COVID-19
- Does Patrick Mahomes Need To Win The Super Bowl Again?
- NFL Rumors & Betting News January 14th Edition
- Super Bowl LV Odds Update January 14th Edition
- Is Aaron Rodgers Obliged to Win the Super Bowl?
- NFL 2020-21 NFC Divisional Round Expert Analysis
- NFL 2021 Playoffs Power Rankings Update Jan. 13 Edition
- Super Bowl 55 Possible Matchups: Cleveland Browns
- How Likely Will Be A Packers Vs Chiefs Super Bowl Matchup?
- NFL 2020-21 AFC Divisional Round Expert Analysis
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) NFL Update – Jan. 12th Edition
- NFL NFC Divisional Round Predictions, Los Angeles Rams at Green Bay Packers Odds, Betting Trends
- NFL AFC Divisional Round Predictions, Baltimore Ravens at Buffalo Bills Odds, Betting Trends
- Cleveland Browns at Kansas City Chiefs: AFC Divisional Round Odds and Computer Picks January 17, 2021
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers at New Orleans Saints NFC Divisional Round: Odds and Early Picks