If NFL betting fans are looking to cash in on the upcoming slate of Week 2 NFL games, then look no further! You’re going to have a great opportunity to boost the annual betting bankroll when the Pittsburgh Steelers look to bounce back from their season-opening loss and take down a San Francisco 49ers team that looked surprisingly solid in their own opener. Okay, with kickoff times quickly approaching, let’s get started.
San Francisco (1-0 SU, 1-0 ATS) looked absolutely phenomenal in its convincing 20-3 season-opening win over Minnesota to easily cash in as a 3-point home underdog. Quarterback Colin Kaepernick completed 17 of 26 passes for 165 yards, but it was the Niners’ punishing ground game that led them to victory. Running back Carlos Hyde rushed 26 times for 168 yards and two touchdowns while Kaepernick added another 41 rushing yards on seven carries.
Hyde said he was thinking about Vikings’ running back Adrian Peterson periodically throughout the game. “That was also in the back of my head, to outdo a guy who’s been leading the NFL in rushing. That’s tremendous to outdo a guy like that, Adrian Peterson, a great running back,” Hyde said. “I used to watch his highlights. To be able to outrush him, that’s great.”
Pittsburgh (0-1 SU, 0-0-1 ATS) couldn’t get past its own mistakes in their 28-21 Week 1 loss to New England, but managed to eke out a Push against the Pats as 7-point road dogs. Ben Roethlisberger completed 26 of 38 passes for 351 yards with one touchdown and one interception while veteran running back DeAngelo Williams had a monster performance in rushing for 127 yards on 21 carries. Defensively, the Steelers looked lost and confused as they allowed Tom Brady to throw four touchdown passes, including three to tight end Rob Gronkowski.
Of course, there was some additional ‘drama’ that took place following the game when Steelers’ head coach Mike Tomlin complained that he and his coaches couldn’t communicate because they were hearing the Patriots’ radio broadcast in their headsets. While the official response from the NFL was that it was a temporary problem caused in part by the weather, opposing teams have complained of headset problems in Gillette Stadium for years, and hey, it’s the Patriots.
San Francisco is just 1-6 ATS in its last seven games while Pittsburgh has gone 8-1 ATS in their last nine games against a team with a winning record and a near-perfect 7-1 ATS in their last eight home games against a team with a winning road record. In addition to that, 53 percent of public bettors like the Under for this Week 2 matchup and so do I, seeing as how the Under is 4-0 in Frisco’s last four games against a team with a losing record and an identical 4-0-1 in Pittsburgh’s last five games overall.
Join for Free
Sports & Betting Topics
- NFL Betting Predictions for the 2018 Postseason
- Thunder vs Nuggets NBA Odds, Preview & Prediction
- NFL Betting Predictions for Final 3 Weeks of the 2018 Regular Season
- NFL Betting Projections for Potential AFC Conference Winners
- NFL Betting Projections for Potential NFC Conference Winners
- Patriots at Steelers NFL Week 15 Odds, Analysis & Prediction
- Saints vs Panthers NFL Week 15 Odds & Pick for Monday Night
- Eagles at Rams NFL Week 15 Lines & Pick for Sunday Night
- How to Bet Cardinals vs Falcons NFL Week 15 Odds & Pick
- Titans vs Giants NFL Week 15 Spread & Expert Pick
- Dolphins vs Vikings NFL Week 15 Lines & Expert Pick
- Raiders vs Bengals NFL Week 15 Lines & Betting Analysis
- Packers vs Bears NFL Week 15 Lines & Expert Prediction
- Lions at Bills NFL Week 15 Odds, Analysis & Prediction
- Buccaneers vs Ravens NFL Week 15 Betting Odds & Pick
- Browns vs Broncos NFL Week 15 Lines & Game Preview
- Seahawks vs 49ers NFL Week 15 Odds & Game Prediction
- Redskins vs Jaguars NFL Week 15 Lines & Betting Pick
- How to Bet Texans vs Jets NFL Week 15 Spread & Prediction
- Chargers at Chiefs NFL Week 15 Odds & Pick for Thursday Night
- NFL Betting Predictions for Last Weeks of 2018 Regular Season
- Super Bowl LIII Betting Advice for the 2018 NFL Postseason
- A Look at the Past 7 Super Bowl Betting Underdogs
- A Look at the Past 7 Super Bowl Betting Favorites
- Eagles vs Cowboys NFL Week 14 Odds & Analysis
- Lions at Cardinals NFL Week 14 Spread & Expert Analysis
- How to Bet Steelers vs Raiders NFL Week 14 Odds & Pick
- Vikings at Seahawks NFL Week 14 Lines & Pick for Monday Night
- Giants vs Redskins NFL Week 14 Odds & Betting Prediction
- Falcons vs Packers NFL Week 14 Spread & Game Prediction