If NFL betting fans are looking to cash in on the upcoming slate of Week 2 NFL games, then look no further! You’re going to have a great opportunity to boost the annual betting bankroll when the Pittsburgh Steelers look to bounce back from their season-opening loss and take down a San Francisco 49ers team that looked surprisingly solid in their own opener. Okay, with kickoff times quickly approaching, let’s get started.
San Francisco (1-0 SU, 1-0 ATS) looked absolutely phenomenal in its convincing 20-3 season-opening win over Minnesota to easily cash in as a 3-point home underdog. Quarterback Colin Kaepernick completed 17 of 26 passes for 165 yards, but it was the Niners’ punishing ground game that led them to victory. Running back Carlos Hyde rushed 26 times for 168 yards and two touchdowns while Kaepernick added another 41 rushing yards on seven carries.
Hyde said he was thinking about Vikings’ running back Adrian Peterson periodically throughout the game. “That was also in the back of my head, to outdo a guy who’s been leading the NFL in rushing. That’s tremendous to outdo a guy like that, Adrian Peterson, a great running back,” Hyde said. “I used to watch his highlights. To be able to outrush him, that’s great.”
Pittsburgh (0-1 SU, 0-0-1 ATS) couldn’t get past its own mistakes in their 28-21 Week 1 loss to New England, but managed to eke out a Push against the Pats as 7-point road dogs. Ben Roethlisberger completed 26 of 38 passes for 351 yards with one touchdown and one interception while veteran running back DeAngelo Williams had a monster performance in rushing for 127 yards on 21 carries. Defensively, the Steelers looked lost and confused as they allowed Tom Brady to throw four touchdown passes, including three to tight end Rob Gronkowski.
Of course, there was some additional ‘drama’ that took place following the game when Steelers’ head coach Mike Tomlin complained that he and his coaches couldn’t communicate because they were hearing the Patriots’ radio broadcast in their headsets. While the official response from the NFL was that it was a temporary problem caused in part by the weather, opposing teams have complained of headset problems in Gillette Stadium for years, and hey, it’s the Patriots.
San Francisco is just 1-6 ATS in its last seven games while Pittsburgh has gone 8-1 ATS in their last nine games against a team with a winning record and a near-perfect 7-1 ATS in their last eight home games against a team with a winning road record. In addition to that, 53 percent of public bettors like the Under for this Week 2 matchup and so do I, seeing as how the Under is 4-0 in Frisco’s last four games against a team with a losing record and an identical 4-0-1 in Pittsburgh’s last five games overall.
Join for Free
Sports & Betting Topics
Sports Betting News Division is proudly brought to you by MyBookie Sportsbook & Casino
- NFL Week 7 Odds, Overview & Predictions for Each Game
- Jaguars vs Cowboys NFL Week 6 Odds & Preview
- 49ers at Packers NFL Week 6 Lines & Prediction
- Chiefs vs Patriots NFL Week 6 Odds & Expert Pick
- Rams at Broncos NFL Week 6 Lines & Expert Pick
- Bills at Texans NFL Week 6 Odds & Game Preview
- Bears vs Dolphins NFL Week 6 Lines Preview & Game Info
- How to Bet Chargers vs Browns NFL Week 6 Lines & Pick
- Steelers at Bengals NFL Week 6 Spread & Expert Pick
- Cardinals vs Vikings NFL Week 6 Odds & Prediction
- Seahawks at Raiders NFL Week 6 Lines & Prediction
- Panthers vs Redskins NFL Week 6 Odds & Expert Analysis
- Colts at Jets NFL Week 6 Lines, Preview & Pick
- Buccaneers vs Falcons NFL Week 6 Betting Lines & Prediction
- Eagles at Giants NFL Week 6 Odds & Pick for Thursday Night
- NFL Week 6 Parlay Picks
- NFL Week 6 Over/Under Betting Picks
- NFL Week 6 ATS Betting Picks
- NFL Week 6 SU Betting Picks
- NFL Week 6 Odds, Overview & Predictions for Each Game
- Redskins at Saints NFL Week 5 Lines & Expert Pick
- Cowboys vs Texans NFL Week 5 Odds & Betting Preview
- Jaguars vs Chiefs NFL Week 5 Betting Odds & Prediction
- Vikings vs Eagles NFL 5 Spread & Betting Preview
- Rams at Seahawks NFL Week 5 Lines & Game Info