The Kansas City Chiefs (14-2) host the Cleveland Browns (11-5) in the AFC Divisional round of the 2020 NFL Playoffs as big 10-point favorites on January 17, 2021 at 3:05 PM ET on CBS. The game’s over/under is set at 56.0.
- Game Day: Sunday, January 17, 2021
- Game Time: 3:05 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Kansas City, MO
- Stadium: Arrowhead Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Chiefs Betting Insights
- Kansas City has put together a losing 7-9 record against the spread this season.
- The Chiefs are just 2-4 ATS when playing as at least 10.0-point favorites.
- Kansas City has played in eight games this year that went over the point total (50% of its outings).
- The Chiefs have put an average of 29.6 points per game on the scoreboard this season, 3.4 more than the 26.2 the Browns have surrendered in each contest.
- When they meet or exceed their scoring average this season, Kansas City is 8-1 and 5-4 against the spread.
- Cleveland is 7-2 overall and 4-5 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 26.2 points.
Browns Betting Insights
- 9 of Cleveland’s 16 games this year have gone over the point total (56.2% of its outings).
- Cleveland has a losing 6-10 record against the spread.
- The Browns are just 0-1 ATS when an underdog by at least 10.0 points.
- The Browns average points scored this season (25.5) and the Chiefs points allowed (22.6) are within 2.9 points of each other.
- Cleveland is 7-1 overall and 4-4 against the spread when they score at least 25.5 points this season.
- Kansas City is 9-0 overall and 6-3 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 22.6 points.
|Chiefs (-10)||Under (56)||Chiefs 32 Browns 21|
- The Chiefs’ average point total in matchups this year is 52.2, 3.8 points less than the total in this game.
- The average point total for the Browns this year is 4.3 points less than this game’s over/under.
- The Chiefs and their opponents have scored at least 56.0 points — this matchup’s over/under — in seven of 16 outings (43.8%) this year.
- The Browns and their opponents have combined to score at least 56.0 points in 31.2% of their matchups this season (five of 16 opportunities).
- The two teams average a combined 0.9 fewer points per game (55.1) than this game’s over/under of 56.0 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 7.2 fewer points per game (48.8) than this matchup’s total of 56.0 points.
Chiefs vs Browns: Last 5 Meetings
In the past five meetings between these two teams, Kansas City has a 4-1 advantage over Cleveland. Kansas City outscored Cleveland 100-95 in those five head-to-head matchups.
|Date||Home Team||Total Yards||Result|
|11/4/2018||Browns||499-388 KC||37-21 KC|
|12/27/2015||Chiefs||368-258 CLE||17-13 KC|
|10/27/2013||Chiefs||340-331 CLE||23-17 KC|
|12/9/2012||Browns||352-310 CLE||30-7 CLE|
|9/19/2010||Browns||312-299 KC||16-14 KC|
Betting Insights: Last Three Games (Both Teams)
- The Chiefs have averaged a total of 50.3 combined points in their last three games, 5.7 less than this game’s over/under of 56.0.
- Kansas City has gone 1-2 against the spread and 2-1 overall over their last three games.
- The over has been kind to Kansas City. They have gone over the total two times in their last three outcomes.
- The Browns total over the last three games is 19.0 points fewer than the 56.0 over/under listed for this matchup.
- Cleveland has struggled to cover, going 1-2 against the spread and 2-1 straight up over their last three contests.
- Cleveland has gone under the total two times in their last three games.
Chiefs: ILB Emmanuel Smith: Out (Hamstring), LB Ben Niemann: Questionable (Hamstring), CB Rashad Fenton: Questionable (Ankle), LB Dorian O’Daniel: Questionable (Ankle), DE Taco Charlton: Out (Leg), OT Mitchell Schwartz: Out (Back), G Kelechi Osemele: Out (Knee), OT Mike Remmers: Questionable (Back), WR Sammy Watkins: Questionable (Calf), WR Tyreek Hill: Questionable (Hamstring), CB DeAndre Baker: Out (Leg), RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire: Questionable (Ankle), CB Alex Brown: Out (Torn Acl), LB Willie Gay Jr.: Questionable (Ankle)
Browns: DE Curtis Weaver: Out (Foot), S Grant Delpit: Out (Torn Achilles), C Nick Harris: Out (Knee), DE George Obinna: Out (Triceps), S Jovante Moffatt: Out (Gameday Inactive), DE Olivier Vernon: Out (Achilles), OT Chris Hubbard: Out (Knee), G Joel Bitonio: Out (Illness), CB Kevin Johnson: Out (Illness), WR Odell Beckham Jr.: Out (Torn Acl), LS Charley Hughlett: Out (Illness), OT Jack Conklin: Questionable (Hamstring), ILB B.J. Goodson: Questionable (Shoulder), WR JoJo Natson: Out (Acl), WR Taywan Taylor: Out (Neck), CB Denzel Ward: Out (Illness), CB Robert Jackson: Questionable (Hamstring), OLB Trevon Young: Out (Undisclosed), WR KhaDarel Hodge: Out (Illness), CB Greedy Williams: Out (Shoulder)
More Recent NFL News
- NFL Rumors & News: Julian Edelman Retires, Aaron Rodgers In the Spotlight Again & More
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) NFL Update – Apr. 8th Edition
- NFL Rumors & News: Aaron Rodgers Might Become A TV Host
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) NFL Update – Apr. 1st Edition
- NFL Rumors & News: 49ers Made Deal for a 3rd Pick in the 2021 Draft