The Dallas Cowboys head to Landover for their yearly battle with the Washington Redskins in Week 2. While both teams played well in Week 1, only the Cowboys won their first game of the season. Will Washington protect FedEx Field and bottle up the Boys’ offense? Check out the NFL Week 2 odds, analysis, and a free pick for Cowboys vs Redskins!
Cowboys vs Redskins 2019 NFL Week 2 Lines, Game Prediction & Analysis
- When: Sunday, Sep. 15 at 1:00pm ET
- Where: FedEx Field, Landover, MD
- TV: FOX
- Radio: Dallas Cowboys / Washington Redskins
- Live Stream: NFL Sunday Ticket
- ATS Odds: Cowboys -5
- Over/Under Total Odds: 46 ½
Why Dallas Cowboys are a good bet -5?
The Cowboys battled the New York Giants without leaning on running back Ezekiel Elliott. We can say that’s because Elliott just signed his contract last week, but the truth is that Dak Prescott has 3 legitimate All-Pro targets to the throw the ball to: Amari Cooper, Michael Gallup, and tight-end Jason Witten.
Prescott lit up the Giants. Washington allowed 313 passing yards in Week 1. Dallas has the potential to beat Washington by a decade.
- Total Yards: 494
- Passing Yards: 405
- Rushing Yards: 89
- Points Scored: 35
- Total Yards: 470
- Passing Yards: 319
- Rushing Yards: 151
- Points Allowed: 17
Why Washington Redskins are a good bet +5?
Washington had the improbable win versus the Philadelphia Eagles in their grasps. All Washington had to do was maintain a massive lead in the second half. That didn’t work out, but the team learned from the experience.
The Redskins discovered that, yes, Case Keenum can still play some football. Keenum threw for 380 yards and 3 TDs. Dallas is a good team. But, they gave up 319 passing yards. Washington can exploit that.
- Total Yards: 398
- Passing Yards: 370
- Rushing Yards: 28
- Points Scored: 27
- Total Yards: 436
- Passing Yards: 313
- Rushing Yards: 123
- Points Allowed: 32
NFL Week 2 Betting Trends for Cowboys vs Redskins
- Cowboys are 7-1 ATS in their last in their last 8 road games versus a team with a losing home record
- Cowboys are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games in Week 2
- Over is 4-0 in Cowboys last 4 games overall
- Redskins are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games after accumulating less than 90 yards rushing in their previous game
- Redskins are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 versus the NFC
- Under is 9-2 in Redskins last 9 games after accumulating less than 90 yards rushing in their previous game
Cowboys vs. Redskins Final NFL Betting Analysis
Dallas looked like a Super Bowl contender in their Week 1 victory over the New York Giants. The problem the Cowboys could have in this game is exploiting Washington’s secondary the way they did New York’s.
Washington has better defensive backs. But, Dallas didn’t even try to rush the football in Week 1. In Week 2, they will rush the football while Washington’s top cornerback, Josh Norman, can’t cover both Michael Gallup and Amari Cooper.
On the other side of the pigskin, the Redskins have an issue at the RB position again. Derius Guice is out with a knee injury. Adrian Peterson is back. Without the ability to rush the football, Dallas DE DeMarcus Lawrence will tee off on Case Keenum. The Cowboys win and cover.
NFL Free Pick: Dallas Cowboys -5