With their first preseason game in the books, NFL betting enthusiasts everywhere will get a helpful hand in their quest to cash in consistently, thanks to my expert analysis on three things I learned about the Denver Broncos following their narrow 22-20 Week 1 preseason win over the Seattle Seahawks. With Week 2 of the scrimmage season quickly approaching, let’s get started.
Well, the Denver Broncos have got backs people, as in a s#*t-load of talented running backs, several of whom look like they could start elsewhere. The Broncos plan to start third-year veteran C.J. Anderson and that doesn’t look like a bad idea seeing as how he rushed for 849 yards and eight touchdowns last season and has a healthy career average of 4.8 yards per carry.
Following Anderson on the depth chart is former Wisconsin star Montee Ball, but the third-year backup entered last season as the starter before being replaced by Anderson and could very well be surpassed by another third-year veteran in Ronnie Hillman.
The former San Diego State star led all Broncos backs in rushing in their preseason opener and showed a level of elusiveness that none of the other backs did in racking up 66 rushing yards on eight carries (8.3 ypc), including a nifty 23-yard scamper.
The Broncos also like younger backs Juwan Thompson and Jeremy Stewart, though each had a rough outing in Denver’s preseason opener.
The Broncos will run the ball a lot more this season under head coach Gary Kubiak and the coach spoke on the quality depth of his running back unit following his team’s narrow 22-20 preseason-opening win over Seattle.
“(Anderson) is doing his job. But I think after that, I think on any given day, I think it’s been deep as far as watching all of them — not just Ronnie and Montee. … We’re going to play them all.”
Kubiak then singled out Hillman for his Week 1 performance.
“Ronnie’s got that gear, maybe that the other guys in our group don’t have in terms of getting the ball to the edge and those type of things,” Kubiak said.
Join for Free
Sports & Betting Topics
- NFL Betting Predictions for Last Weeks of 2018 Regular Season
- Super Bowl LIII Betting Advice for the 2018 NFL Postseason
- A Look at the Past 7 Super Bowl Betting Underdogs
- A Look at the Past 7 Super Bowl Betting Favorites
- Eagles vs Cowboys NFL Week 14 Odds & Analysis
- Lions at Cardinals NFL Week 14 Spread & Expert Analysis
- How to Bet Steelers vs Raiders NFL Week 14 Odds & Pick
- Vikings at Seahawks NFL Week 14 Lines & Pick for Monday Night
- Giants vs Redskins NFL Week 14 Odds & Betting Prediction
- Falcons vs Packers NFL Week 14 Spread & Game Prediction
- Colts vs Texans NFL Week 14 Lines & Game Preview
- Patriots vs Dolphins NFL Week 14 Odds & Game Info
- Saints at Buccaneers NFL Week 14 Spread & Prediction
- Ravens vs Chiefs NFL Week 14 Odds & Expert Pick
- Bengals vs Chargers NFL Week 14 Lines & Betting Pick
- Broncos vs 49ers NFL Week 14 Odds & Analysis
- Panthers vs Browns NFL Week 14 Odds & Game Preview
- Rams vs Bears NFL Week 14 Betting Lines & Game Preview
- How to Bet Jets at Bills NFL Week 14 Spread & Prediction
- Jaguars vs Titans NFL Week 14 Odds & Pick for Thursday Night
- NFL Week 14 Over/Under Picks
- NFL Week 14 ATS Betting Picks
- NFL Week 14 SU Betting Picks
- NFL Week 14 Parlay Picks
- 2018 NFL Week 14 Odds, Overview & Predictions for Each Game
- 5 Reasons the AFC Will Win Super Bowl LIII
- 5 Reasons the NFC Will Win Super Bowl LIII
- 49ers vs Seahawks NFL Week 13 Odds & Expert Prediction
- Redskins vs Eagles NFL Week 13 Spread & Pick for Monday Night
- Chargers at Steelers NFL Week 13 Odds & Pick for Sunday Night