With their first preseason game in the books, NFL betting enthusiasts everywhere will get a helpful hand in their quest to cash in consistently, thanks to my expert analysis on three things I learned about the Denver Broncos following their narrow 22-20 Week 1 preseason win over the Seattle Seahawks. With Week 2 of the scrimmage season quickly approaching, let’s get started.
Well, the Denver Broncos have got backs people, as in a s#*t-load of talented running backs, several of whom look like they could start elsewhere. The Broncos plan to start third-year veteran C.J. Anderson and that doesn’t look like a bad idea seeing as how he rushed for 849 yards and eight touchdowns last season and has a healthy career average of 4.8 yards per carry.
Following Anderson on the depth chart is former Wisconsin star Montee Ball, but the third-year backup entered last season as the starter before being replaced by Anderson and could very well be surpassed by another third-year veteran in Ronnie Hillman.
The former San Diego State star led all Broncos backs in rushing in their preseason opener and showed a level of elusiveness that none of the other backs did in racking up 66 rushing yards on eight carries (8.3 ypc), including a nifty 23-yard scamper.
The Broncos also like younger backs Juwan Thompson and Jeremy Stewart, though each had a rough outing in Denver’s preseason opener.
The Broncos will run the ball a lot more this season under head coach Gary Kubiak and the coach spoke on the quality depth of his running back unit following his team’s narrow 22-20 preseason-opening win over Seattle.
“(Anderson) is doing his job. But I think after that, I think on any given day, I think it’s been deep as far as watching all of them — not just Ronnie and Montee. … We’re going to play them all.”
Kubiak then singled out Hillman for his Week 1 performance.
“Ronnie’s got that gear, maybe that the other guys in our group don’t have in terms of getting the ball to the edge and those type of things,” Kubiak said.
Join for Free
Sports & Betting Topics
Sports Betting News Division is proudly brought to you by MyBookie Sportsbook & Casino
- How to Bet Broncos at Cardinals NFL Week 7 Spread & Pick
- NFL Week 7 Over/Under Betting Picks
- NFL Week 7 ATS Betting Picks
- NFL Week 7 Parlay Picks
- NFL Week 7 SU Betting Picks
- NFL Week 7 Odds, Overview & Predictions for Each Game
- Jaguars vs Cowboys NFL Week 6 Odds & Preview
- 49ers at Packers NFL Week 6 Lines & Prediction
- Chiefs vs Patriots NFL Week 6 Odds & Expert Pick
- Rams at Broncos NFL Week 6 Lines & Expert Pick
- Bills at Texans NFL Week 6 Odds & Game Preview
- Bears vs Dolphins NFL Week 6 Lines Preview & Game Info
- How to Bet Chargers vs Browns NFL Week 6 Lines & Pick
- Steelers at Bengals NFL Week 6 Spread & Expert Pick
- Cardinals vs Vikings NFL Week 6 Odds & Prediction
- Seahawks at Raiders NFL Week 6 Lines & Prediction
- Panthers vs Redskins NFL Week 6 Odds & Expert Analysis
- Colts at Jets NFL Week 6 Lines, Preview & Pick
- Buccaneers vs Falcons NFL Week 6 Betting Lines & Prediction
- Eagles at Giants NFL Week 6 Odds & Pick for Thursday Night
- NFL Week 6 Parlay Picks
- NFL Week 6 Over/Under Betting Picks
- NFL Week 6 ATS Betting Picks
- NFL Week 6 SU Betting Picks
- NFL Week 6 Odds, Overview & Predictions for Each Game