The AFC North is one of the most closely bunched divisions in NFL betting in terms of talent and prospects. The Steelers, Bengals and Ravens all have a legitimate shot at winning the division, with only the Browns on the outside looking in. The primary difference between the three contenders and the Browns is the presence of a legitimate NFL starting quarterback. If Josh McCown catches fire and plays well for the Browns, they could very easily bring themselves into the mix, given the strong defense that Cleveland puts on the field. While McCown has played well in other stops, it’s hard to see that happening in Cleveland – but that’s why they play the games instead of just awarding trophies on what the basis of what the prognosticators say.
In Cleveland, if Josh McCown doesn’t play well, he has Johnny Manziel behind him on the bench. Manziel, of course, had a dreadful couple of starts for the Browns last season, but he is far from the only NFL quarterback to struggle during his first few starts. It also doesn’t help that talented wideout Josh Gordon will be out for the season thanks to a suspension for violating the league’s substance abuse policy. However, the Browns’ defense might be the best in this division, which means that the team’s games will be close as long as they can keep morale high. With all of those question marks on offense, I’m putting the Browns at 6-10 this year.
The Baltimore Ravens have to play on the road five times in the first seven weeks of the season, and they have four trips to the West Coast, including two on consecutive weeks. The team only gets to play against opponents with losing records from 2014 five times. However, don’t count John Harbaugh’s team out. They probably have the division’s best quarterback in Joe Flacco, and this is a team that has overcome adversity time and time again to take divisions. I’m picking this team to go 10-6 and win the division.
The Cincinnati Bengals finish the season with a fairly easy schedule, meaning that they could go .500 through the first ten games and still have a legitimate shot to win 10 games overall. However, the team has prime time games on the road in Weeks 15 and 16 (and the Bengals have only won once in 13 tries on the road at night in the last 10 seasons), and there are too many questions when it comes to quarterback Andy Dalton coming through in the clutch. I’m picking this team to go 8-8.
The Pittsburgh Steelers are always a tough opponent thanks to the greatness of quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. However, the team starts with a one-dimensional offense thanks to running back Le’veon Bell’s three-game suspension for violating the personal conduct policy. The secondary and outside linebacker positions are also questions for this team. The team opens at New England and has five opponents who were 2014 playoff teams in their last six games. The Steelers will go 9-7 and miss the playoffs.
Join for Free
Sports & Betting Topics
- Raiders at Cardinals NFL Week 11 Lines & Expert Pick
- Eagles vs Saints NFL Week 11 Betting Odds & Prediction
- How to Bet Broncos vs Chargers NFL Week 11 Spread & Pick
- Vikings vs Bears NFL Week 11 Lines & Game Preview
- Chiefs vs Rams NFL Week 11 Lines, Pick & Prediction
- Panthers at Lions NFL Week 11 Spread & Betting Analysis
- Titans vs Colts NFL Week 11 Lines & Prediction
- Texans at Redskins NFL Week 11 Odds & Expert Preview
- Bengals at Ravens NFL Week 11 Spread & Prediction
- Cowboys vs Falcons NFL Week 11 Lines & Expert Analysis
- NFL Week 11 Parlay Picks
- Bears vs Lions 2018 Thanksgiving Odds
- Steelers at Jaguars NFL Week 11 Lines & Preview
- Buccaneers vs Giants NFL Week 11 Odds & Prediction
- Packers vs Seahawks NFL Week 11 Odds & Pick for Thursday Night
- 2018 NFL Week 11 Odds, Overview & Predictions for Each Game
- NFL Week 11 Over/Under Picks
- NFL Week 11 ATS Betting Picks
- NFL Week 11 SU Betting Picks
- Seahawks vs Rams NFL Week 10 Spread & Betting Prediction
- Giants vs 49ers NFL Week 10 Odds & Pick for Monday Night
- Dolphins at Packers NFL Week 10 Lines & Expert Pick
- Cowboys vs Eagles NFL Week 10 Odds & Prediction
- Redskins vs Buccaneers NFL Week 10 Lines & Pick
- Patriots vs Titans NFL Week 10 Odds & Expert Prediction