There are countless different ways to win in the NFL, but it’s hard to manage to win on a consistent basis without a great starting QB on your team. If you look at the teams who struggle each and every year, they tend to be the ones that do not have an elite QB on the books. Look at the list of previous Super Bowl winners, and more often than not you will find that a future or existing Hall of Famer was under center. Eli Manning deserves recognition as being elite, given that he has won the Super Bowl on 2 separate occasions, but this year has been a struggle for him, which is why the NFL betting lines haven’t been nice with the New York Giants.
Unfortunately, most of the blame for a terrible year for the Giants was loaded on Manning’s shoulders by his coach, which is part of the reason why ben McAdoo is no longer part of the coaching set-up in the Big Apple. The Eagles appeared to have found their franchise QB in Carson Wentz, but a torn ACL suffered in last week’s game has him out for the season. How will the Eagles cope without their main man? Philly is still in as a 7 ½ point favorite, with the point total set at 40.5.
Philadelphia (11-2) at New York (2-11) Week 15 Game Info, NFL Betting Lines & Pick
— Philadelphia Eagles (@Eagles) 14 de diciembre de 2017
- When: Sunday, December 17 at 1 PM EST
- Where: MetLife Stadium, NYC
- TV: FOX
- Radio: 107.3 FM (Philadelphia) / 98.7 FM (New York)
- Live Stream: Fox Sports Go
- NFL Betting Lines: Philadelphia Eagles -7.5 (Over/Under at 40.5)
- Partly Cloudy: 2°C/35°F
- Humidity: 45%
- Precipitation: 0%
- Cloud Cover: 36%
- Wind: 3 mph WSW
- Stadium Type: Open
Recent Head to Head (Last 10 Games)
- Record: Philadelphia Eagles lead 7-3
- Score: Philadelphia Eagles 24.70 / New York Giants 21.20
- Rush Yards: Philadelphia Eagles 134.70 / New York Giants 99.30
- Pass Attempts: Philadelphia Eagles 36.00 / New York Giants 42.10
- Completion Percentage: Philadelphia Eagles 62.78 / New York Giants 59.62
- Passing Yards: Philadelphia Eagles 242.80 / New York Giants 280.60
- Total Yards: Philadelphia Eagles 377.5 / New York Giants 379.9
- Turnovers: Philadelphia Eagles 1.70 / New York Giants 1.80
Why consider the Eagles NFL Betting Lines?
Losing your starting QB just weeks before the start of the playoffs is never a great scenario, but it’s one that the Eagles are going to need to deal with, and quickly. Nick Foles will be in to replace Carson Wentz this weekend, and while Foles is certainly a serviceable back-up, he has some huge shoes to fill. Making matters worse for Eagles fans is the knowledge of what happened to the Oakland Raiders last season. The Raiders were a Super Bowl favorite before losing Derek Carr late in the year, an injury that almost certainly killed their season.
If there is a silver lining for the Eagles here it’s that their first game without Wentz will be against a pretty woeful New York Giants team that is in disarray at the moment. This represents a good opportunity for Foles to get into a groove, and for the Eagles to get their mojo back with a win. Philly is 8-2 SU and ATS in their last 10 visits to New York.
- Average Score For: 31.08
- Total Yards: 390.46
- Rush Yards: 143.00
- Passing Yards: 247.46
- Average Score Against: 19.23
- Total Yards: 294.23
- Rush Yards: 71.23
- Passing Yards: 223.00
Why consider the Giants NFL Betting Lines?
The firing of coach Ben McAdoo and the reinstatement of Eli Manning has done little to quell the talk about the QB and his future in the New York. Team owner John Mara has publicly stated that he wants Manning to stay, but there is already a lot of talk about potential destinations for the 2-time Super Bowl winner.
This is just one of the many issues that the Giants are facing, and things will likely not start to become any clearer until they hire a new head coach and decide on the approach they want to take to make this team respectable again. The Giants have just 1 win in their last 7 games and are coming into this one on a 3-game losing skid. They are just 1-5 SU and ATS in games played at home this season.
- Average Score For: 15.31
- Total Yards: 296.16
- Rush Yards: 90.08
- Passing Yards: 206.08
- Average Score Against: 24.69
- Total Yards: 395.69
- Rush Yards: 130.00
- Passing Yards: 265.69
Latest NFL Betting Trends for Week 15
- Eagles are 9-1 ATS in their last 10 games
- Eagles are 10-1 SU in their last 11 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Philadelphia’s last 6 games
- Giants are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games
- Giants are 1-6 SU in their last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of NY Giants’s last 5 games
Expert Pick and Final Score Prediction
While we can probably expect a little bit of a fall off for the Eagles without Wentz, they should still be more than good enough to get the win here. I think they will cover, with the point total going UNDER.
Score: Philadelphia Eagles 26 – New York Giants 10