Who’s going to be the top quarterback in next’s year draft? There isn’t an answer for that question at this point, but NFL betting fans are always trying to be a step ahead of the game, reason why we’re making early predictions. Did you watch Michigan State put together a 21-point comeback in the 2015 Cotton Bowl to stun Baylor? These were the same Baylor Bears who thought they had been jobbed by not getting a place in the college football four-team playoff, even though they had beaten TCU and had the best record in the Big 12. However, if you saw Connor Cook lead his team to victory – then you saw the best quarterback who will be available in the 2016 NFL draft.
So why did Cook go back to Michigan State? He wanted to get his degree – a noble ambition. We’ll see if coming back for his senior year leads to a ho-hum season and a below average slot in the draft, or if he ends up being the first quarterback chosen in the draft.
Cook stands 6’5” and plays in a pro-style offense – both traits that will help him in the eyes of pro scouts. He is 23-3 as a starter, with a 16-1 record in the Big Ten. He shares the school record for consecutive games with a passing touchdown – 16 games. Kirk Cousins and Drew Stanton also share that record. Of course, it’s not just Cook who looks to benefit from this season. The Big Ten itself appears to be headed for a comeback.
Jim Harbaugh is now the coach at Michigan, and Ohio State is the defending national champion. However, Connor Cook also has a Big Ten title of his own, as well as a victory in the Rose Bowl. Michigan State has gone to consecutive BCS/CFP bowls, and they have won four consecutive bowl games. Cook has driven the Spartans to three fourth-quarter bowl game comebacks in a row.
Cam Newton – as well as Jameis Winston and Bryce Petty.
Here are some other top quarterbacks to watch out for in the 2016 draft.
Ohio State redshirt sophomore J.T. Barrett threw for 34 touchdown passes and ranked fifth in the Heisman Trophy voting after the injury to Braxton Miller. However, he will face a dogfight just to be the Ohio State starter when the fall of 2015 rolls around.
Join for Free
Sports & Betting Topics
- Raiders at Cardinals NFL Week 11 Lines & Expert Pick
- Eagles vs Saints NFL Week 11 Betting Odds & Prediction
- How to Bet Broncos vs Chargers NFL Week 11 Spread & Pick
- Vikings vs Bears NFL Week 11 Lines & Game Preview
- Chiefs vs Rams NFL Week 11 Lines, Pick & Prediction
- Panthers at Lions NFL Week 11 Spread & Betting Analysis
- Titans vs Colts NFL Week 11 Lines & Prediction
- Texans at Redskins NFL Week 11 Odds & Expert Preview
- Bengals at Ravens NFL Week 11 Spread & Prediction
- Cowboys vs Falcons NFL Week 11 Lines & Expert Analysis
- NFL Week 11 Parlay Picks
- Bears vs Lions 2018 Thanksgiving Odds
- Steelers at Jaguars NFL Week 11 Lines & Preview
- Buccaneers vs Giants NFL Week 11 Odds & Prediction
- Packers vs Seahawks NFL Week 11 Odds & Pick for Thursday Night
- 2018 NFL Week 11 Odds, Overview & Predictions for Each Game
- NFL Week 11 Over/Under Picks
- NFL Week 11 ATS Betting Picks
- NFL Week 11 SU Betting Picks
- Seahawks vs Rams NFL Week 10 Spread & Betting Prediction
- Giants vs 49ers NFL Week 10 Odds & Pick for Monday Night
- Dolphins at Packers NFL Week 10 Lines & Expert Pick
- Cowboys vs Eagles NFL Week 10 Odds & Prediction
- Redskins vs Buccaneers NFL Week 10 Lines & Pick
- Patriots vs Titans NFL Week 10 Odds & Expert Prediction