With the Super Bowl only a few days away, most every NFL analyst in the world has made up their mind on whom they believe takes home the Vince Lombardi Trophy on Sunday. Some major sports broadcast companies, like Fox Sports, haven’t yet realized those expert predictions.
Others, like ESPN, have released their expert predictions. Check out a run down of what the NFL experts at ESPN believe will happen this Sunday when the Rams and Patriots throw down at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. And don’t forget to check out the Super Bowl LIII odds before kick off.
ESPN Super Bowl LIII Picks
🔥 WE’RE READY! 🔥We’re LIVE in Atlanta at Centennial Olympic Park all the way up to the Super Bowl! Come join us! pic.twitter.com/DNZkFu1JdP — NFL on ESPN (@ESPNNFL) 30 de enero de 2019
ESPN Gathered 72 of their NFL Experts to Choose the Super Bowl LIII WinnerThe most popular sports channel in the United States asked 72 of their NFL experts whom they believed was going to win Super Bowl 53. Among the 72 experts were some well-known personalities like Todd McShay, Trey Wingo, and ESPN Radio personality Mike Golic.
But, well-known personalities weren’t the only individuals who got to pick their Super Bowl winners. ESPN also had many of their beat writers, including Saints writer Mike Triplett, Colts writer Mike Wells and San Francisco writer Mike Wagoner, choose the Super Bowl winner.
Most Have Gone With the New England Patriots
45 of 72 ESPN Experts favored the Patriots to beat the Rams. That’s 62.5%. Only 27 of 72 ESPN Experts went with the Los Angeles Rams. Although 62.5% seems like a lot, it really isn’t when it comes to picking a winner straight up.
The current moneyline odds on the Patriots are -145 compared to the Rams at +115. Per ESPN’s experts, the Patriots should win, but the experts all together only predict that the Patriots win 6.25 out of 10 battles played. That’s not anything to get too excited about.
Consider that before going with most of ESPN’s experts on the moneyline.
Most ESPN Experts Believe Patriots Should Cover
Of those who chose the Patriots to win, most feel they should cover. The Patriots are at -2.5. Most believe New England wins by at least 3 points. Some predict the Patriots win by 4 or more while a couple believe the Patriots win by 2 or less. Check out those who feel New England wins but doesn’t cover the spread:
- Alisha Miller, NFL Editor Patriots 30, Rams 28
- Bob McLellan, NFL Editor Patriots 36, Rams 34
- John Buccigross, Sportcenter Anchor Patriots 33, Rams 32
- Jordan Raanan, Giants Reporter Patriots 33, Rams 32
Over versus Under is a Mixed Bag
When it comes to the total, currently at 58, it’s a mixed bag. Many believe Super Bowl LIII goes over. Some believe it goes under. The biggest over score is from Tim Kavanaugh, NFL editor, who predicts the Rams beat the Patriots 41-32. That’s a 73 total.
The lowest total also comes from a Rams backer, Raiders reporter Paul Gutierrez. He likes Rams 20, Patriots 17.
Based on what ESPN Experts have stated, it’s obvious that Super Bowl LIII could end up one of the closest in history. Make sure to do your own handicapping and not blindly follow any one of the experts.
2019 Super Bowl Week Expert Betting News
- Super Bowl 53 Bracket, Rams Patriots Printable Bracket | 2019 NFL Playoff Scores & Results
- Patriots vs Rams Super Bowl LIII Odds, Preview & Pick
- Super Bowl LIII Betting Predictions That Could Reshape Odds
- What to Bet On After Super Bowl LIII?
- Using Past Performances to Predict Super Bowl LIII Winner
- ESPN Super Bowl LIII Picks
- Fox Sports Super Bowl LIII Picks
- CBS Sports Super Bowl LIII Picks
- NFL Network Super Bowl LIII Picks
- Super Bowl 53 Prop Bets & Picks (Ep. 657)
- Donald Trump Super Bowl LIII Props
- Super Bowl LIII Halftime Show Prop Odds
- The Best & Worst Super Bowl LIII Props
- Los Angeles Rams Super Bowl LIII Prop Odds & Picks
- New England Patriots Super Bowl LIII Prop Odds & Picks
- 5 Reasons to Bet the Over for Super Bowl LIII
- Super Bowl DFS Picks (Ep. 656)
- Super Bowl LIII Spread Betting Prediction & Pick
- Super Bowl LIII Moneyline Betting Prediction & Pick
- 5 Reasons to Bet the Under for Super Bowl LIII
- Super Bowl LIII MVP Odds & Expert Pick
- How To Bet The Super Bowl LIII Over-Under
- The Best Super Bowl LIII Props
- Super Bowl LIII Odds for the National Anthem Performance
- Super Bowl LIII Injuries That Might Affect Your Bets
- Super Bowl LIII Betting Trends & Stats
- Conference Championship Recap & Super Bowl Odds (Ep. 655)
- Betting on the Offense or Defense for Super Bowl LIII
- Super Bowl LIII Props, Odds & Picks
- Super Bowl LIII QB vs QB Props
- Super Bowl LIII Defense vs Defense Props
- What’s the Best Super Bowl LIII Betting Strategy?
- 7 Reasons The Los Angeles Rams Will Win Super Bowl LIII
- 7 Reasons Why the New England Patriots Will Win Super Bowl LIII
- New England Patriots Odds to Win Super Bowl LIII
- Los Angeles Rams Odds to Win Super Bowl LIII
- MyBookie Releases Super Bowl Halftime Performance Odds; Questions Whether Politics Will Take Center Stage
- Updated Super Bowl LIII Odds – January 14th Edition
- Updated Super Bowl LIII Odds – January 2nd Edition
- Super Bowl LIII Betting Advice for the 2018 NFL Postseason
- A Look at the Past 7 Super Bowl Betting Underdogs
- A Look at the Past 7 Super Bowl Betting Favorites
- Super Bowl LIII Odds for Possible Matchups – July 18th Edition
- Houston Texans Scorching in Super Bowl LIII Futures
- New England Patriots Look Cold in Super Bowl LIII Futures
- Expert Betting Preview on Six Super Bowl 53 Hopefuls
- Early NFL Betting Odds & Prediction to Win Super Bowl 53
- Super Bowl 53 Odds for Every Team